Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  189
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R23 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    reference: Kruder. Post #380

Josh Schache has never proven himself as a AFL player that's why they are giving Bruce the benefit of the doubt.

You obviously have not been watching closely.

Both Bruce and Schache have played 45 games for the Dogs. Bruce has kicked 63 goals and Schache has kicked 52.

Bring in the fact that 10 of Bruce’s came in 1 game, and a small number of Schache’s were good games on the backline, I see their contributions as very similar. actually Schache has been a more consistent scorer, less per game but in more games.

In the 2020 and 2022 seasons combined, Bruce had 21 games and in 13 (66%) of them he didn’t kick a goal.

Bruce has been given the benefit of the doubt, true. And he will continue to be. But it is in circumstances where he is not fit and not contributing to the team. 1 goal in his last 5 games is not AFL standard.
    You haven't been watching closely... Keep those Blinkers on dude. Has Schache ever proven himself as an AFL player?

Josh Bruce has. Its pretty simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    You haven't been watching closely... Keep those Blinkers on dude. Has Schache ever proven himself as an AFL player?

I think Chris Grant proved himself a pretty good AFL player, but I don't want him selected. He still might be better than the current version of Josh Bruce.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post

I don’t know what benefits you get from actively pushing this myth.

In his first 2 years Schache was given 27 games and got goals in 23 of them. He was our most consistent goal scorer.

After 15 possessions and 4 goals against hawthorn (a stronger team than now) he had 2 goalless games and was dropped for 8 weeks.

Whereas your hero had 9 goalless games in 2020 and was never dropped. Considering that he only had 2 games with more than 1 goal in the whole season all he did was show that imported reputations count for more than local ones.

Yes, 2021 was great, and he is still being selected on last year’s form. Fortunately the youngest players are making up for his lack of contribution (understandable considering his injury and significant operation). But all we can conclude is selecting an unfit Bruce has been disastrous for the team in 2 of his 3 years.

I’m sure you remember that Schache wasn’t much good in the first half of a game and got benched for 50% game time, and then dropped for 18 games. Teflon Bruce is playing worse now than Schache did then, but we’re probably going to discover that his name is already on the team sheet for Perth.