Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R11 2022

Having done a quick read via an internet search, there are possibly no specified limits of when a fifty can be paid. So kicking the ball away is kicking the ball away instead of giving it straight back to the person who has taken the mark or been awarded a free kick even if it is after the siren.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Having done a quick read via an internet search, there are possibly no specified limits of when a fifty can be paid. So kicking the ball away is kicking the ball away instead of giving it straight back to the person who has taken the mark or been awarded a free kick even if it is after the siren.
    It's technically 50 from what I can tell.

Umps adjudication was he didn't know there was a free kick paid from what I've read.

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy is just about the most watchable player to have ever put on the boots. Pure joy when he’s up and about.

Sydney aren’t far away from being Melbourne’s closest flag competition over the next few years. Lots of very good talent across the ground, plenty of attacking options.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Buddy is just about the most watchable player to have ever put on the boots. Pure joy when he’s up and about.

Sydney aren’t far away from being Melbourne’s closest flag competition over the next few years. Lots of very good talent across the ground, plenty of attacking options.
    I thought the Swans had screwed themselves over with that huge deal but he is still contributing.
    I've really enjoyed watching the Swans play over the last two years. Outside of the dogs, obviously, they are the team I enjoy watching the most at the moment win or lose.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's technically 50 from what I can tell.

Umps adjudication was he didn't know there was a free kick paid from what I've read.
    Shouldn't matter if he knew or not, sometimes players can't hear a whistle after a free kick, playon and it's a 50. Don't care either way but it is a 50m penalty. It would have been 50 had it been the end of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter, I can almost guarantee that.

8. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Buddy slap of Cotchin looked like Buddy was frustrated by some of the same odd ball work Naughts was getting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Shouldn't matter if he knew or not, sometimes players can't hear a whistle after a free kick, playon and it's a 50. Don't care either way but it is a 50m penalty. It would have been 50 had it been the end of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter, I can almost guarantee that.
    What would the 50 be for? It is the end of the game, no time left on the clock so it is not time wasting? Is it for not handing the ball back? That rule is also for time wasting.

I am glad the umpire didn't give a 50, Richmond were outplayed in the second half and Sydney deserved to win
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

For what its’s worth the twitter account “Has the umpire made a bad decision” run by a former anonymous umpire says it was definitely 50.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What would the 50 be for? It is the end of the game, no time left on the clock so it is not time wasting? Is it for not handing the ball back? That rule is also for time wasting.

I am glad the umpire didn't give a 50, Richmond were outplayed in the second half and Sydney deserved to win
    It would be for one of these

(e) has not returned the football directly and on the full to the Player awarded the Mark or Free Kick;
    (f) engages in any conduct which delays or impedes the play; or

There’s no specific mention of time, so that’s seemingly irrelevant. The umpire seemed to not pay it claiming that the Swans player couldn’t hear the whistle, but Richmond fans have reason to feel aggrieved. God knows we’d be screaming if it was us.
    On the other hand, they could only draw or lose, so it’s not like they were robbed of a win.

Post Thanks / Like

In your view would it be fifty if a player was in the protected area after the siren? That area's there so a player can play on to keep the ball moving but after the siren it's moot because the player can't play on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    It would be for one of these

(e) has not returned the football directly and on the full to the Player awarded the Mark or Free Kick;
    (f) engages in any conduct which delays or impedes the play; or

There’s no specific mention of time, so that’s seemingly irrelevant. The umpire seemed to not pay it claiming that the Swans player couldn’t hear the whistle, but Richmond fans have reason to feel aggrieved. God knows we’d be screaming if it was us.
    On the other hand, they could only draw or lose, so it’s not like they were robbed of a win.
    Those two rules are based on wasting time. There was no time left on the clock

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    In your view would it be fifty if a player was in the protected area after the siren? That area's there so a player can play on to keep the ball moving but after the siren it's moot because the player can't play on.
    Normally the umpire indicates everyone to move away from protected area when the siren goes.

AFL

THE AFL has released a statement ticking off last night's non-50m

"The umpires made the correct call in not applying a 50m penalty against Warner, given the immediacy of the free being paid, the siren sounding & the ball being kicked into the crowd"
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Those two rules are based on wasting time. There was no time left on the clock
    Yep, but time isn’t mentioned in the rules. Just the infraction. There is nothing specified that this stops after a siren.
    Freo had a 50 paid against them against Essendon for not handing the ball back after the siren just recently.

16. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No free for me, thought the umps handled the situation perfectly.

Has there been a better player to watch in full flight than Buddy, not for mine he's such a joy to watch.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

What if it was right on the players limit (goal kicking distance) and an opposition player kicked the ball away which allowed players to get back into a previously empty goal square? Siren has blown in this scenario.

It's 50.