Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 - Leon Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I'd love to see Leon Cameron back at the Dogs as the senior assistant coach to Bevo. This type of experience is lacking in our coaching dept at the moment after the departures recently of King, Hansen & Gia.

I doubt we would do it though.
    I think a few of us have been calling for a more senior presence in the coaches box to support Bevo but we either don't seem to be able to afford it under the soft cap or Bevo prefers assistant coaches with specific skills sets more than senior coaching experience.
    There might be something in that.
    Smith has been around the team for a while now and Webb has plenty of experience. Spangher must have been impressive so unless we can add an additional coach I'm not sure would even consider Leon.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think a few of us have been calling for a more senior presence in the coaches box to support Bevo but we either don't seem to be able to afford it under the soft cap or Bevo prefers assistant coaches with specific skills sets more than senior coaching experience.
    There might be something in that.
    Smith has been around the team for a while now and Webb has plenty of experience. Spangher must have been impressive so unless we can add an additional coach I'm not sure would even consider Leon.
    Would Leon take a role like that if it was possible?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would Leon take a role like that if it was possible?
    He has to be a career coach doesn't he and realistically he would need to find a spot to land.
    FWIW, I think he would take a 2IC role but who knows if that would be with us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I doubt Bevo would want it. Unfortunately
    Unfortunately, I think you are right on the money.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

If Bevo doesn't want it for different reasons it would be silly to force it.

I mean we could get a worse coach, and then get a senior assistant to help him to make us all happy but we might end up with two coaches working ineffectively and in a worse spot than we are now.

From what I see I think the playing group needs some support in making sure they commit to and maintain a more consistent playing level. Something close to what they are capable of, and more often.

That could be in the guise of a senior assistant, but I doubt it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.