Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  62
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned round six 2022 v Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Hit outs averaging 22 for 2022. Haven't got his figures for 2021 but confident it is an improvement.
    16 over previous two years, but that is over more games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hit outs averaging 22 for 2022. Haven't got his figures for 2021 but confident it is an improvement.
    Yes. Averaged 15.5 in 2021. Big improvement. But he did play big stints up forward and not in the ruck last season.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't find all his stats maybe someone else can.
    It's hard to tell as he played a lot forward last year and in 2020 the games were shorter.

His career average is seventeen:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=C
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are officially pretty shit.
    2. We arent playing finals
    3. Something is not right at the club and if we arent careful a few good players might want out
    The curse is dead.

6. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's hard to tell as he played a lot forward last year and in 2020 the games were shorter.

His career average is seventeen:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=C
    You can see his tap outs and taps to advantage have improved in 2022 - don't need stats

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You can see his tap outs and taps to advantage have improved in 2022 - don't need stats
    I just provided them for ol' man B4L! Didn't say whether they were relevant.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I just provided them for ol' man B4L! Didn't say whether they were relevant.
    Hey Jee, I mean watching him live, I can see he is winning more tap outs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hey you are supposed to be watching this at 7.30?
    I wrapped up what I was doing by half time so only really missed the second quarter. Lucky me.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Can't find all his stats maybe someone else can.
    How many are his opponents averaging?

Yep, he’s number have improved, but his ruck minutes have gone up pretty dramatically so you’d sort of expect them to.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The Ground announcer at Ballarat is just as f**** annoying as the one at Docklands.

2. Quite nice pies and they take cash.

3. Ballarat is quite nice in Autumn. If you haven't tried it, give it a go.

14. Likes bornadog, macca, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    1. The Ground announcer at Ballarat is just as f**** annoying as the one at Docklands.

2. Quite nice pies and they take cash.

3. Ballarat is quite nice in Autumn. If you haven't tried it, give it a go.
    How were the logistics this year? Was it easier to get into the ground? Last year with the COVID protocols there were long lines which was dissapointing.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our only decent Ruckman is out, so we spend ALL DAY kicking the ball to THEIR ruckman. ALL...... EFFING...... DAY.
    With the same result. Ball comes back into their forward line. I can only conclude from that, that we are dumb, and we have no decent strategy, or game plan A, or B, or C.

2. We play like a bunch of individual heroes trying to stitch consecutive heroic moments together into a tapestry of glory. Adelaide played like a team and we should have really lost by a lot more.

3. My frustration and anger with our recruiting staff just grows and grows. (not drafting, drafting is great) It was as obvious as nuts on a bull that our season would be over with injuries to Keath or English and now they're BOTH injured and.........well, our season is over I believe. Zaine tries his heart out, I'm not gonna criticise him. Martin is so...... so cooked. He is char grilled, slow baked, triple fried, marinated, roasted, toasted, dipped in batter and deep fried, air fried, sun dried, parboiled, corned, salted, bottled and DONE!!! People say the recruiting staff 'tried' to get replacements. You don't get paid to TRY at this level. Every one with at least half a functioning brain cell knew we needed Key defender back up and ruck back up. Every drooling inbred expert that rang SEN knew. Every hack writing blogs and pre season analysis pieces knew. And WE knew it, we knew it the year before too........ Maybe cost us a flag. Might cost us a potential dynasty. That was one of the worst games of football I've ever sat through.

17. Thanks azabob, KT31, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    How were the logistics this year? Was it easier to get into the ground? Last year with the COVID protocols there were long lines which was dissapointing.
    Really good AP, I arrived about 20 mins prior to kick off and walked straight in. No queues out the front like last season.

19. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Really good AP, I arrived about 20 mins prior to kick off and walked straight in. No queues out the front like last season.
    Thanks. Excellent news. I have been a number of times and have always had a great day out with the family. Will definitely go again. Just left my run a little late this year and around 10 days out I could not get four seats in a row.

21. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    1. Our only decent Ruckman is out, so we spend ALL DAY kicking the ball to THEIR ruckman. ALL...... EFFING...... DAY.
    With the same result. Ball comes back into their forward line. I can only conclude from that, that we are dumb, and we have no decent strategy, or game plan A, or B, or C.

2. We play like a bunch of individual heroes trying to stitch consecutive heroic moments together into a tapestry of glory. Adelaide played like a team and we should have really lost by a lot more.

3. My frustration and anger with our recruiting staff just grows and grows. (not drafting, drafting is great) It was as obvious as nuts on a bull that our season would be over with injuries to Keath or English and now they're BOTH injured and.........well, our season is over I believe. Zaine tries his heart out, I'm not gonna criticise him. Martin is so...... so cooked. He is char grilled, slow baked, triple fried, marinated, roasted, toasted, dipped in batter and deep fried, air fried, sun dried, parboiled, corned, salted, bottled and DONE!!! People say the recruiting staff 'tried' to get replacements. You don't get paid to TRY at this level. Every one with at least half a functioning brain cell knew we needed Key defender back up and ruck back up. Every drooling inbred expert that rang SEN knew. Every hack writing blogs and pre season analysis pieces knew. And WE knew it, we knew it the year before too........ Maybe cost us a flag. Might cost us a potential dynasty. That was one of the worst games of football I've ever sat through.
    You summed up my feelings perfectly D&D
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

23. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post