Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 6, 2022 vs Adelaide Crows

If Bont is injured I’d honestly prefer he has a few weeks off and gets fit than play through at half mast.

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    If Bont is injured I’d honestly prefer he has a few weeks off and gets fit than play through at half mast.
    Might be more like a few months if he needs ankle and shoulder surgery
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

2 moments for me stood out and both from kick outs late in the game.

First Bailey Dale plays on and goes long down the middle to a 1 v 3 and then Daniel inexplicably turns it over.

Makes me wonder if we actually have a plan in how to score in these situations as it looked to me that our players weren’t singing to the same tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    2 moments for me stood out and both from kick outs late in the game.

First Bailey Dale plays on and goes long down the middle to a 1 v 3 and then Daniel inexplicably turns it over.

Makes me wonder if we actually have a plan in how to score in these situations as it looked to me that our players weren’t singing to the same tune.
    The Daniel one was horrible, but if we’re talking about the same kick Dale had Bont out the back and just mishit it. It was definitely the right option and I was stoked he took it, if for nothing else than to try and disrupt the malaise of the rest of our game play.

On the Daniel one - who else completely knew that was coming as soon as they saw who was kicking in?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    The Daniel one was horrible, but if we’re talking about the same kick Dale had Bont out the back and just mishit it. It was definitely the right option and I was stoked he took it, if for nothing else than to try and disrupt the malaise of the rest of our game play.
    The kick to Bont?? was the correct decision, but why were the next 2 players on the scene both Adel players after the marking contest? Maybe they outworked their opponents (which is likely), but I’d like to think our players would be rushing to that area as soon as the ball is in motion.

Post Thanks / Like

The kick to Bont?? was the correct decision, but why were the next 2 players on the scene both Adel players after the marking contest? Maybe they outworked their opponents (which is likely), but I’d like to think our players would be rushing to that area as soon as the ball is in motion.
    I’d need to rewatch it but live I thought Bont had a ton of space to work back into and the kick from Dale was too shallow, which is really against type for him and I’d be happy for him to take that on every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I’d need to rewatch it but live I thought Bont had a ton of space to work back into and the kick from Dale was too shallow, which is really against type for him and I’d be happy for him to take that on every time.
    I was rapt he took the kick on too… and that’s not the reason why I was upset. What shitted me was that it quickly turned into a 1 v3 when I would hope we would’ve practiced this type of scenario and our players would’ve been working to that spot to support, but we were no where to be seen.

Post Thanks / Like

I was rapt he took the kick on too… and that’s not the reason why I was upset. What shitted me was that it quickly turned into a 1 v3 when I would hope we would’ve practiced this type of scenario and our players would’ve been working to that spot to support, but we were no where to be seen.
    Gotcha. In that sense it was kind of exemplary of how we were generally outworked all day.