Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  93
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right - Match Committee Thread RD 7 vs Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Naughts chopping out in the ruck/resting leaving us with Hannan as the only marking target in the F50 (undersized).
    They just kept intercept marking and getting clean ball out of defence.
    So if Naughts is getting held do we have any faith that JUH, Schache or Cordy will be able to compete strongly in the air?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So if Naughts is getting held do we have any faith that JUH, Schache or Cordy will be able to compete strongly in the air?
    If the ball is in the air near Naughton the other three are irrelevant and two defenders will go to him. It’s been happening for a long time. I think North has been the only opposition to not do it.

Blocking this tactic is why the three tall forwards policy worked so well. When we defeated Melbourne last year Schache’s role was to take the second defender away from Naughton. Instead of getting more small players into the forward line we need to put in a genuine tall, JUH and Cordy have no experience in defensive full forward play. With English out the only player on the list for this role is Sweet as first/second ruck/forward. Cordy with 6 disposals and 6 hitouts in a whole game has shown he is not an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Some updates from the Bevo Presser.

-Bevo looked flat today.
    -Mitch and Laith are both available. Mitch will definitely play at either VFL or AFL level.
    -Scott will miss due to COVID protocols.
    -Hannan is going to be a slow one. He is coming along OK. No exact date on his return.
    -Robbie will definitely play again this week.
    -Tim is 1-2 away. He is a chance for Port but won't miss more than that.
    -Bruce should be available post round 13 after the bye. He is keen to bring that forward.
    -Darcy should be able to play some state footy before the bye. He had his first training session with the boys this week.
    -Bont started forward last week, but we could not get the ball to him. We need to strike a balance to keep Marcus in the game. We need to be flexible and ensure he is involved in the game.
    -26 intercept mark against which is almost a world record, we let us ourselves down with execution. We need to improve in that area this week. We need to take control to limit intercept opportunity.
    -Small margins within games and we have not been on the right side of the ledger. The KPIs before the Crows game were in the right spot.

4. Thanks bornadog, Happy Days, Grantysghost, Scraggers thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    More than the midget fleet who surrounded Hannan.
    Cordy will at least compete in the air in a contested situation. Marra (at this stage) and Schache, less faith.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    More than the midget fleet who surrounded Hannan.
    Cordy will at least compete in the air in a contested situation. Marra (at this stage) and Schache, less faith.
    Agree and it is where we are really missing Bruce. Even when out of form and not clunking them, he is still a big body that hits packs hard. Cordy definiltey provides a contest but doesn't have Bruce's physicality.

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think there are a lot of posts on another thread that people have been committing time too...somehow the simple fact of selecting a team for one week seem trivial to all of us who all think we are thinking big picture: https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...e-path-forward

- Merrett needs a tag.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

My team this week is:

B: Williams Gardner Duryea
    HB: Richards O'Brien Daniel
    C: Dale Dunkley Treloar
    HF: Smith Naughton Liberatore
    F: Ugle-Hagan Schache Weightman
    Foll: Martin Bontempelli Macrae
    Int: McNeil Cordy West Crozier
    Sub: Wallis

Out Scott, McComb
    In West Crozier

With Scott out, we need someone who can go back - and I think that's Crozier. I'd like to see Dale on the wing this week.
    I'd like to see McComb get another opportunity but Bont needs to go mid this week to control the game. West has more flexibility playing forward/mid.
    Dunkley playing one on one with Parish. Libba to come up off half forward to take on Merrett at the stoppages.
    Cordy rotating ruck with Martin, as I see no-one else who will at least attempt to be physical.
    Naughton up the ground a bit more provides more mobility, will make it harder for the intercepters, then Jamarra and Shack deep leading forwards, with Cody being a pest and drawing frees in the goal square, making all the Bombers fans go spare.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

10. Likes GVGjr, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    My team this week is:

Out Scott, McComb
    In West Crozier

With Scott out, we need someone who can go back - and I think that's Crozier. I'd like to see Dale on the wing this week.
    I'd like to see McComb get another opportunity but Bont needs to go mid this week to control the game. West has more flexibility playing forward/mid.
    Dunkley playing one on one with Parish. Libba to come up off half forward to take on Merrett at the stoppages.
    Cordy rotating ruck with Martin, as I see no-one else who will at least attempt to be physical.
    Naughton up the ground a bit more provides more mobility, will make it harder for the intercepters, then Jamarra and Shack deep leading forwards, with Cody being a pest and drawing frees in the goal square, making all the Bombers fans go spare.
    Except McComb will play according to the Bevo Presser.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Except McComb will play according to the Bevo Presser.
    Yes, I accept that. But this is what I would do.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, fair enough.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Agree and it is where we are really missing Bruce. Even when out of form and not clunking them, he is still a big body that hits packs hard. Cordy definiltey provides a contest but doesn't have Bruce's physicality.
    When Cordy provides a contest his job has always been to spoil. As we saw last week he is relatively easily outmarked when trying to catch the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

My team this week is:

Out Scott, McComb
    In West Crozier

I think I would play Wallis ahead of West; particularly with the emotions of last week. It may just be the motivation required
    WOOF Member 422

17. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's ok

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I think I would play Wallis ahead of West; particularly with the emotions of last week. It may just be the motivation required
    Taking away the emotions is Wallis deserving of a spot?

Understand we have some injuries in the area he plays, but his performances have been seriously underwhelming this year.