Thanks Thanks:  45
Likes Likes:  278
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Honest reflection and the path forward

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

It’s a step back into the past with this guy who runs with old school mentalities (going the knuckle) with regard to tactics rather than tactics that are a little more progressive.

But hey, he’s mates with the boss so that’s important isn’t it.
    Completely get where you are coming from - however the devils advocate position is that Bevo is our most valuable coaching commodity and surrounding him with people he trusts and thinks bring something to the table is important

Cameron did have a penchant for bringing out a harder edge - and we have been lacking that, and failed to produce it in key moments

The other thing is Cameron may not be a great head coach but could still be a very good assistant - some people just find out they aren’t the head guy - he had good relationships with the players in his previous stint as an assistant and that seems important for prospective assistants

Post Thanks / Like

My initial reaction to this is surprisingly positive. Is involvement with the orange soured my opinion of him greatly, they are a horrible club, full of horrible people. Sheedy is a cancer on the game and they are the tumour.

That being said, he picked at holes and exposed the soft underbelly of this group to good effect. Suspect he could be a good tonic in partnership with a coach who needs more resources.

3. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Same.

Mantis and EW won't be happy.
    You're right. He was happy to actually defend Greene and not even be slightly circumspect in his commentary.

He's a prick.

What next, Suckling as forward coach? Cooney to head up marketing?

Might as well get Aker in as list manager and Barry Hall as women's coach while we're at it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of Cameron as an assistant. Will be nice to have someone with his credentials being listened to in the coaches box.

You don’t need to have coached AFL to realise you have a different perspective when the heat is off you.

Of course he is going to back his players. I wouldn’t want him if he didn’t

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You're right. He was happy to actually defend Greene and not even be slightly circumspect in his commentary.

He's a prick.

What next, Suckling as forward coach? Cooney to head up marketing?

Might as well get Aker in as list manager and Barry Hall as women's coach while we're at it.

Brad Hardie - kit manager.

8. Likes EasternWest, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Brad Hardie - kit manager.
    Tony Liberatore fingernail inspector
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish we could get Matty Boyd, but I'm pretty sure he and Bevo weren't on the best terms when he left. Have this feeling he might be the next doggies coach.

Agree with BAD, I've enjoyed listening to Leons perspective on Crunch Time I'm just not sure tactics are his main go. A bit of GWS mongrel would be a handy addition to this group.

12. Likes bornadog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love Moz to come back

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone watch the Amazon doco about AFL, with a feature on Coniglio and the Giants? I did not like the way Cameron came across in that, and am unconvinced he can connect with our young group. However if his role is more director coaching style, working with the coaches more than the players, I think he could be effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Did anyone watch the Amazon doco about AFL, with a feature on Coniglio and the Giants? I did not like the way Cameron came across in that, and am unconvinced he can connect with our young group. However if his role is more director coaching style, working with the coaches more than the players, I think he could be effective.
    Thought Cameron was good in that. Painted Coingilio in a pretty poor light - wrong bloke for captain - bit like Griffin.

I think Cameron would be a good in for us. He did a pretty good job at GWS - its not easy getting a bunch of primadonna's to play a style that asks some to sacrifice their game, yet for the most part they did. Part of the problem with GWS was that the players saw getting a GF as the pinnacle rather than winning it.

Tactically he is fine and if nothing else can provide both challenge and support. Would happily have him back at the Doggies in an assistant role.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure on Cameron as far as being a good guy, but he would at least bring experience to our group.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Thought Cameron was good in that. Painted Coingilio in a pretty poor light - wrong bloke for captain - bit like Griffin.

I think Cameron would be a good in for us. He did a pretty good job at GWS - its not easy getting a bunch of primadonna's to play a style that asks some to sacrifice their game, yet for the most part they did. Part of the problem with GWS was that the players saw getting a GF as the pinnacle rather than winning it.

Tactically he is fine and if nothing else can provide both challenge and support. Would happily have him back at the Doggies in an assistant role.
    And let’s face it - he has a solid relationship with an absolute truckload of supreme talent.

This won’t be popular but I would turn my opinion on a dime if I saw Toby Greene in a dogs jumper. Until then, I’ll continue to hate him as it’s never going to happen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post

Agree with this 100%. Come home Leon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    I would love Moz to come back
    Both Moz and M Boyd have been big losses to our Club

20. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Both Moz and M Boyd have been big losses to our Club
    Morris was going into a development role before the cutbacks and ended up in the player sponsors coterie.
    I think he would be good in that role.

Boyd would demand that players work hard and if we could get him back I think it would be a bonus for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

22. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post