Thanks Thanks:  45
Likes Likes:  278
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Honest reflection and the path forward

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yes, as must Chris Grant and Ameet Baines as the escalation points in the organisation who ultimately should be making the calls to benefit the club if there's tension between Power and Bevo.

And to your question, yes, they are part and parcel of the game and they are very good reasons as to why we aren't playing good football! The reasons why we're not playing well are directly in front of us and we just have to accept them and hope the club figures out how best to deal with/ manage them.
    For thou art wise.

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's done a remarkable job with our club, especially in trying times - 2021 no better of an example. I'm not sure even Clarko could have got the same result last year after our H & A capitulation. Had we won the flag, it probably would have trumped 2016.

My question is not so much on what has been done, or if Bevo is a good coach. He is. Not a perfect one - no such thing exists - but my question is, after 8 years he looks and sounds tired. It happens to every successful coach, so respectfully ... Is an 8-year Bevo the best man to take us forward, or is a possibility refreshed Clarko (or Buckley)?

I hope we're asking that question of ourselves at the very least.
    And that's fair enough.

I'd hasten slowly with the likes of Clarkson or Buckley. Just because they were great or good where they were respectively, it's no guarantee they'll be as good or half as good in their next stints at different clubs.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    For thou art wise.
    Bahahaha.......

Post Thanks / Like

Bahahaha.......
    For thou art?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea verily

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as must Chris Grant and Ameet Baines as the escalation points in the organisation who ultimately should be making the calls to benefit the club if there's tension between Power and Bevo.

And to your question, yes, they are part and parcel of the game and they are very good reasons as to why we aren't playing good football! The reasons why we're not playing well are directly in front of us and we just have to accept them and hope the club figures out how best to deal with/ manage them.
    I am glad you said if as I haven't heard a peep there is any trouble between Bevo and Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Re-cap of Footy on Nine

This should be called the Nine-o show because everyone's name ends in 'O' bar Hutchy-o

Kane-o - If we lost Dunkley we wouldn't be a worse side.
    Car-o, takes a big breath in, so she can fit as many bad things about Bevo in as she can.
    Admire her effort for trying to dress in the easter egg green, but wish for god's sake she would keep it buttoned up.
    ( 'You're being sexist'! I hear you say, No, worse! a fashion policeman, lighten up ).

Loyyyydooo has a theory. We have no area of strength and nobody is scared of our midfield.
    Hutchy-o - too many of one type of player ( fair point )

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.41.21 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.38.36 AM.jpg

Kane-o to his credit at least finished with a few positive bits of play from Ballarat.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 27-04-2022 at 11:26 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Quick Re-cap of Footy on Nine

This should be called the Nine-o show because everyone's name ends in 'O' bar Hutchy-o

Kane-o - If we lost Dunkley we wouldn't be a worse side.
    Car-o uses every breath to beat up Bevo, nothing new.
    Loyyyydooo has a theory. We have no area of strength and nobody is scared of our midfield.
    Hutchy-o - too many of one type of player ( fair point )

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.41.21 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.38.36 AM.jpg

Kane-o to his credit at least finished with a few positive bits of play from Ballarat.
    Thanks for the recap Ghosto.

11. Likes azabob, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That criticism would bother me if I thought there was any way that Caro actually bothered to watch a 1:45 Saturday game in Ballarat. She’s played the man on this ever since Bevo went after her family friend Tom Morris.

And don’t get me started on Lloyd all but begging Dunkley to move over to Essendon.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes azabob, bornadog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Caro doesn't watch games. She's a petty-crime reporter basically. Tutt-tutt the misdemeanors of my lovely boys.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I am glad you said if as I haven't heard a peep there is any trouble between Bevo and Sam.
    There should always be tension and robust discussion between what the list manager wants and what the coach wants. As long as it's respectful and a process is followed to resolve it's all fine.

16. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Caro doesn't watch games. She's a petty-crime reporter basically. Tutt-tutt the misdemeanors of my lovely boys.
    that explains everything about the kwality of her commentory. She never says anything bad about Richmond.

18. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There should always be tension and robust discussion between what the list manager wants and what the coach wants. As long as it's respectful and a process is followed to resolve it's all fine.
    I think there is a committee which includes Sam's team, Bevo, and Chris Grant and they discuss all draft and trading.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    that explains everything about the kwality of her commentory. She never says anything bad about Richmond.
    I'm not a fan but this isn't true.

She is into Richmond ON FIELD all the time - to be fair, what bad things have there been to say about the Tiges since 2017. If the Dusty show hadn't exploded in the 2020 GF maybe a few more I guess but they have been rock solid for a while now.

She has been very critical of a few things they have been doing this year, notably:

- High number of 50m penalties and general on-field discipline
    - Lack of direction in selecting a captain and the '50 cents each way approach'.
    - Refusal to change their on-field system to better suit the changes in personnel.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with this.