Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  62
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: When do we write off finals?

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Agree with this…2022 is a write off.
    DG this gives me comfort, if you were optimistic I’d be concerned!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes jeemak, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a swag of winnable games in front of us, by the end of May we will know what we are up aginst
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is a swag of winnable games in front of us, by the end of May we will know what we are up aginst
    I’m with you on this GVGjr. Still a lot to play out before we pull the pin.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It's over GVG. Stop being logical.

7. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The next 6 weeks we have the Bombers who I can't see us beating, I'm trying but I just can't see it, Port Adelaide over there, not a certainty, Magpies at the G, Gold Coast at Marvel, West Coast over there and Geelong.

2 - 4 IMO. We'll roll Gold Coast and maybe knock over the Eagles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    The next 6 weeks we have the Bombers who I can't see us beating, I'm trying but I just can't see it, Port Adelaide over there, not a certainty, Magpies at the G, Gold Coast at Marvel, West Coast over there and Geelong.

I'm the other way 4-2

West Coast, Essendon, suns and pies I think we will win.

Pies is a 50/50 so maybe 3-3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm the other way 4-2

West Coast, Essendon, suns and pies I think we will win.

Pies is a 50/50 so maybe 3-3
    If all else fails I want that Essendon one. That will pretty much put their supporters right on the edge of a cliff.

A Cody Weightman free in front of goal to seal the game would be perfect. That would put me in a good mod for the rest of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

If all else fails I want that Essendon one. That will pretty much put their supporters right on the edge of a cliff.

A Cody Weightman free in front of goal to seal the game would be perfect. That would put me in a good mod for the rest of the season.
    Oh that's just bliss.

I was at the pre season game at the shit hole I mean hangar and it was putrid what he was copping.

Same at the Crows game on the weekend was standing with some dons fans who were part of the group I was with (I hadn't met them before) and they were salty re cody.

Everytime he went near it id say surely that's a free to Weightman.

I could feel their blood pressure rising.

12. Likes Testekill, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pies will be at Marvel, not G
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from finals I think top 4 and a realistic shot at a premiership are probably out of reach now. This list on paper should be good enough to compete so maybe it's a case of loading up and preparing what we have to for next year. Does that mean we play Mara so he gets chemistry with Naughton? Probably. Maybe Bont misses some games to freshen back up. At a certain point maybe we commit to Khamis as a forward/ruck and see how he goes.

Post Thanks / Like

End of May.

I think we'll probably fall into the 8, but the question is... Do we want to? Call me devils advocate but I think we benefit more from an earlier swag of draft picks and resetting for next year.

We aren't challenging Melbourne or Brisbane, so I'm not in the business of making up numbers. The club can't say this of course, but I think we need to fix our issues before we reload. Making the 8 would be papering over some bloody big cracks.
    W00F!

16. Likes Testekill, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm as pessimistic as they come with regard to our performances which have been ordinary to say the least, but there is no way at all that you can write off the season after just 6 games.
    I'll concede that we've had shocking injury luck but we're way behind the 8 ball now. It'll be extremely difficult if we even sniff finals, I'd rather drop down instead of being a 9-13 team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I'll concede that we've had shocking injury luck but we're way behind the 8 ball now. It'll be extremely difficult if we even sniff finals, I'd rather drop down instead of being a 9-13 team.
    Is it luck though?

We always have a huge injury list. I'm not saying there's a problem with our fitness people, I'm just raising it as a discussion point.

Surely a review is the least we can do.

Clearly I realise there is an element of luck involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to add on, it's interesting that Bevo referenced a need to developing some of the younger talent which may not be ready at present. Pretty sure he mentioned Marra and McNeil.

I don't disagree with it, but at the start of the year the talk was we needed to make top 4 and contend. Now it's a bit of development. You need to continue shifting the goal posts throughout a year because it's never stagnant but maybe it's an insight into his thinking, that we aren't the top side we wanted to be, and development (i.e. Marra) will be our priority.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Just to add on, it's interesting that Bevo referenced a need to developing some of the younger talent which may not be ready at present. Pretty sure he mentioned Marra and McNeil.

I don't disagree with it, but at the start of the year the talk was we needed to make top 4 and contend. Now it's a bit of development. You need to continue shifting the goal posts throughout a year because it's never stagnant but maybe it's an insight into his thinking, that we aren't the top side we wanted to be, and development (i.e. Marra) will be our priority.
    He was very strong on it being the time for us to be a consistent success based side.

If he's changing that after 6 rounds then I'm unsure what the plan is.

The excuse for years was how young we were.
    From season launch :

Luke Beveridge has challenged his players to become revolutionaries in the Western Bulldogs’ quest for sustained success to become the benchmark club in the AFL.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...28-p5a0fg.html

21. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post