Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Coast set to launch an ‘all-out’ trade assault for a star ruck ... and it has a ‘Plan B’

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Nice. I liked how Charlie Pickering stopped buying an Essendon membership after the supplements scandal.

Pyne is very weird and I was surprised to learn he has a wife.
    Female?

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Coast set to launch an ‘all-out’ trade assault for a star ruck ... and it has a ‘Plan B’

Nice. I liked how Charlie Pickering stopped buying an Essendon membership after the supplements scandal.

I don't know if it was reflected in the cut that went to air, but he basically just talked non-stop for an hour. Spoke over other people, said bizarre things, contradicted himself constantly. They stopped filming and Pickering said "thanks for coming to the Christopher Pyne Variety Hour", and Pyne asked why they kept letting him say such crazy things. As I said, weird guy.

How did we get on to this? Christopher Pyne to West Coast for a 2nd rounder?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an interesting development:

EAGLES BLOCKED FROM TRADING TOP PICK

WEST Coast will be unable to trade its first-round pick at this year's draft under AFL rules unless it can pick up another top-end selection.

Under the AFL's future trading rules, clubs must use two first-round picks over a rolling four-year period as the League ensures clubs can't trade away all of their future selections.

The Eagles, who currently sit on the bottom of the ladder after a bleak start to the season, have used only one first-round pick in the past four years, which was Campbell Chesser with No.14 at last year's national draft. West Coast can only trade its first pick if it secures a second first-round selection. Clubs are able to apply for exemptions to trade out their picks if they haven't reached the two-in-four requirement.

They are the only club who would be blocked from trading their first-round selection this year, having swapped their future first-round selection (for the 2018 draft) with Gold Coast in 2017 and then in 2019 traded out their first-round picks for that season and 2020 to Geelong to recruit Tim Kelly.

The Eagles would, however, be able to trade out their future first-round pick (for 2023) this year if they hold their first-rounder for 2022.

West Coast currently has three picks inside the top-25 selections based on the indicative draft order, having secured an extra second-round pick tied to Port Adelaide in a draft-night deal with the Power last year.

The next lowest number of first-round picks used over the past four years is St Kilda and Hawthorn, who have both activated three picks. – Callum Twomey

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

West Coast are in a pretty diabolical position with their list management… besides Oscar Allen and maybe Jeremy McGovern do they have anyone who would gain them a 1st round pick to get back in the trade game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    West Coast are in a pretty diabolical position with their list management… besides Oscar Allen and maybe Jeremy McGovern do they have anyone who would gain them a 1st round pick to get back in the trade game?
    Kelly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I brought this up back on page 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I brought this up back on page 2.
    True, but I think Mantis is commenting on my post that WC aren't allowed to trade pick one, unless they get back into the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Kelly?
    Not on current form.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Not on current form.
    Jeepers. Didn't they pay a fortune for him? I have not watched any of their games this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly?
    Is Kelly a genuine A Grade midfielder?
    They really overpaid for him in my opinion.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Was just looking that up :

https://www.draftguru.com.au/trades/2019-tim-kelly

Very complex trade on index points equated to about pick 2 from the Eagles apparently.
    Cats used part of that for Jeremy Cameron.

THE TIM KELLY TRADE
    West Coast received: Tim Kelly, pick 52 (on-traded to Brisbane in pick swap), 2020 third-round pick (on-traded to Sydney in Tom Hickey deal and later consumed in matching for Errol Gulden)

Geelong received: Pick 14 (Cooper Stephens), pick 24 (on-traded to GC for Suns to draft Jeremy Sharp), pick 37 (on-traded to Adel in Josh Jenkins deal), 2020 first-round pick (used in Jeremy Cameron trade).

Essendon received: Pick 33 (pushed back to 38 at the draft for Nick Bryan), pick 57 (on-traded to Carlton in deal for Andrew Phillips).

West Coast lost: Picks 14, 24, 33, 2020 first-round pick

Geelong lost: Tim Kelly, Pick 57, 2020 third-round pick

Essendon lost: Pick 37, 52

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was just looking that up :

https://www.draftguru.com.au/trades/2019-tim-kelly

Very complex trade on index points equated to about pick 2 from the Eagles apparently.
    Cats used part of that for Jeremy Cameron.

THE TIM KELLY TRADE
    West Coast received: Tim Kelly, pick 52 (on-traded to Brisbane in pick swap), 2020 third-round pick (on-traded to Sydney in Tom Hickey deal and later consumed in matching for Errol Gulden)

Geelong received: Pick 14 (Cooper Stephens), pick 24 (on-traded to GC for Suns to draft Jeremy Sharp), pick 37 (on-traded to Adel in Josh Jenkins deal), 2020 first-round pick (used in Jeremy Cameron trade).

Essendon received: Pick 33 (pushed back to 38 at the draft for Nick Bryan), pick 57 (on-traded to Carlton in deal for Andrew Phillips).

West Coast lost: Picks 14, 24, 33, 2020 first-round pick

Geelong lost: Tim Kelly, Pick 57, 2020 third-round pick

Essendon lost: Pick 37, 52

Jeyzus!

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I can't remember where I heard it (which given it was only earlier this week is a bit of a worry) but someone on the radio made the point that Geelong's game plan suited Kelly much better than West Coast's and that West Coast had virtually pissed the draft picks they gave up and the money they are paying Kelly up against the wall.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I think the correct common noun to use in this case is beard
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite