Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
    Post Thanks / Like

VU High Performance Centre at Whitten Oval unveiled

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-oval-unveiled

VU High Performance Centre at Whitten Oval unveiled
    Victoria University has been unveiled as the naming rights partner of the Western Bulldogs? revamped high performance centre at Whitten Oval.

Victoria University has been unveiled as the naming rights partner of the Western Bulldogs? revamped high performance centre at Whitten Oval.

Strengthening VU?s position as a leader in sport, the elite training base will be known as the Victoria University High Performance Centre.

The VU High Performance Centre will provide VU students with unparalleled experience to embed with the Western Bulldogs high performance team through work integrated learning placements ? particularly those studying the Graduate Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.

The new facilities, which have been made possible by the Bulldogs? redevelopment of the Whiten Oval precinct, will include an endurance heat chamber, cardio mezzanine, hydrotherapy zone (pool, spa, sauna), state of the art medical facilities and unrivalled player change and recreation areas deliberately designed for the modern, elite athlete journey.

The gym is six times the size of the previous space, and the largest in the AFL, and a 50m by 35m indoor training field with synthetic grass has a glass reinforced roof to mimic playing conditions.

VU Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and Impact, Professor Andy Hill said the facility will provide incredible experiences for VU students and researchers.

?VU is incredibly proud to be associated with the Western Bulldogs and supporting the Club in all aspects of performance. The VU High Performance Centre will have many obvious benefits to the players but also for our students and researchers,? Professor Hill said.

?Whether it?s placements in remedial massage or physio or undertaking specific research projects in collaboration with players and Western Bulldogs staff ? these unique opportunities are significant contributors to VU being a leader in sports.?

Western Bulldogs Executive Director of Football, Chris Grant, said the Club?s football department was thrilled to be working in an elite training facility at its home base.

?We have been eagerly awaiting the completion of the new Victoria University High Performance Centre at Whitten Oval, which will completely transform the way we are able to look after our male and female athletes,? he said.

?We have enjoyed a fantastic partnership with VU over a long period of time, and we?re excited to know that their investment in our program continues to elevate.

?The practical integration we?ve been able to facilitate with VU has helped our players and staff, along with providing students with invaluable experience of being part of our program.

?There will be even more opportunities for integration, given our men?s and women?s athletes will be training side-by-side, all year round, in these brilliant facilities.?

VU and the Western Bulldogs originally partnered up in the 1980s, in one of the longest-standing relationships for both organisations. It was renewed this year for a further five years.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VU High Performance Centre at Whitten Oval unveiled

There’s just no way that going from what we had last season, to this, isn’t going to help us on field.

The flag will wag.

4. Likes Eastdog, Bulldog4life, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    There’s just no way that going from what we had last season, to this, isn’t going to help us on field.

The flag will wag.
    I'm hoping that it will be different in 2024 being back at Whitten Oval in the new facilities. We need huge consistency throughout the whole season if we want a top 4 finish to give us the best chance at winning a flag.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Also in Training thread

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! I’m Perth based, but a visit out next time I’m over is defn on the cards.
    Hopefully accelerates player development, but also acts as a draw card when recruiting other seasoned talent.
    Exciting times !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 54Bulldog16 View Post
    Wow!! I’m Perth based, but a visit out next time I’m over is defn on the cards.
    Hopefully accelerates player development, but also acts as a draw card when recruiting other seasoned talent.
    Exciting times !!
    Nice there's a few Perth based dogs on here.

Did you get to the game that must not be named?

Post Thanks / Like

Great to have had such a long standing partnership with VU but really looks like it has gone to another level �� . Gym looks amazing, bit different to the old days !

11. Likes Bulldog Revolution, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTB View Post
    Great to have had such a long standing partnership with VU but really looks like it has gone to another level �� . Gym looks amazing, bit different to the old days !
    I have driven past the Whitten Oval several times when I’m over in the west. Will need to check out the new facilities there. Good tour from the Astronaught!