Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs unveil second Reconciliation Action Plan

link

The Western Bulldogs have officially launched its second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), reaffirming the Club?s commitment to Indigenous Australia.

The ?Innovate? RAP comes after the successful completion of the Bulldogs? first Reconciliation Action Plan document, which was launched in 2018.

The updated RAP contains 19 action items, each inclusive of several deliverables for the Club to work towards over the next three years, in areas relating to relationships, respect, governance and opportunities.

?We are excited to develop and launch our second Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan,? said Western Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains.

?We are proud of the great strides we have taken on our RAP journey, completing several initiatives which support the pathway to reconciliation and in building stronger links with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.

?We look forward to strengthening our commitment through fulfilling the actions outlined in this RAP and through our unwavering dedication to supporting our diverse communities.?

The RAP launch event, held in the brand-new indoor training field at Whitten Oval, was attended by Western Bulldogs

AFL and AFLW players, coaching and support staff, the administration staff, Club and Community Foundation board members headed by President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, and former First Nations players Lindsay Gilbee and Josh Carter.

The formalities were facilitated by Wotjobaluk and Dja Dja Wurrung woman and Bulldogs Director Belinda Duarte, with the Acknowledgement of Country performed by two Club staff members - Boonwurrung woman Danielle Gower and Bidjara Wiradjuri woman Linda Peachey.

The creator of the RAP?s striking artwork - Tarni Jarvis, a Djab Wurrung and Gunditjmara artist working on Wadawurrung Country - was also in attendance to explain the significance of the design.

Bulldogs players Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Kirsty Lamb were part of a panel discussion, relaying their thoughts about how far the Club has come in their commitment and action for reconciliation, and their pride in representing First Nations people.

?To be able to celebrate all the progress we?ve made is so important,? Duarte said.

?That authentic sense of belonging, being seen and valued is fundamental to this space.

?Above all, I want us to feel that we are proud, brave individuals that stand for social justice. That we recognise that there is power in the collective and every day matters.

?Not just NAIDOC, not just Sir Doug Nicholls Round, not just Reconciliation week. Let?s make a powerful stand in this space and continue to be a football club we?re really proud of.?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs unveil second Reconciliation Action Plan

I admire Kirsty Lamb but if she is talking to Port she shouldn’t be part of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I reading too much into Liam Jones missing a few training sessions and not being in this press release?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Am I reading too much into Liam Jones missing a few training sessions and not being in this press release?
    We were all wondering where Croft was. Had Covid. Liam isn't vaxed and it's going around... Decent chance he's busy IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    We were all wondering where Croft was. Had Covid. Liam isn't vaxed and it's going around... Decent chance he's busy IMO
    I can confirm that Liam has just become a father on Sunday so perhaps the sessions he missed is due to welcoming a new child into the household.

Nice pick-up about Crofty Hujsh.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, SquirrelGrip, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I can confirm that Liam has just become a father on Sunday so perhaps the sessions he missed is due to welcoming a new child into the household.
    Haha that one seems more reliable. Congrats to him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
    I admire Kirsty Lamb but if she is talking to Port she shouldn’t be part of this.
    Not sure I agree. I think the club would view this action plan something bigger than the club.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes Axe Man, bornadog, josie, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All schools in WA have been "suggested" to have a RAP. I am proud our club is on the front foot but would like to see more tangible actions. At times, I feel they are going through the paces because they have to. The Indigenous jumper and smoking ceremonies are all well and good (and a great step in the right direction), but what else is happening?

When the team came to WA there was no open training session and nothing for the fans. There are 40 indigenous schools in WA; two of them in the metro area, go run a training session at a school or something like that. Visit a remote area of NT or Queensland. There is so much more the club could be doing in this area. (in my opinion)
    WOOF Member 422

11. Thanks azabob thanked for this post