Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

They looked strong all over the ground. Jackson stepped right up. Their prime movers have to be nullified otherwise they collectively just overwhelm you.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did I here Jackson Archer will make his debut for North this weekend?

His mom said, "don't talk shit" when he called her to let her know.
    I remember when Glen Archer jumped over the fence in a under age game because someone was rough with his son...or something like that. Be great if he did it again.

3. Likes SquirrelGrip, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne's best is clearly the best in the competition. However, their best is not on show every week and they are clearly gettable when they aren't 100% on - hell, we were 5 mins and 1-2 more goals from getting them in the GF. What they did last night was just reinforrce their credentials as the deserved #1 seed.

Last night was more of a reflection on Brisbane than Melbourne to be honest. Their credibility as a contender was torn to pieces last night. That was the meekest, most inept performance in a big game from a top of the ladder team in many a year. Melbourne destroyed them psychologically last night and I don't think their playing group will recover for the remainder of 2022. And with their age profile as well as their poor finals record, their current playing group may not recover without some regenration of the list. Was reminscent of the Bulldogs circa 2010 when we started running out of juice under Rocket.
    Last edited by Sedat; 24-06-2022 at 01:39 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Melbourne's best is clerly the best in the competition. However, their best is not on show every week and they are clearly gettable when they aren't 100% on - hell, we were 5 mins and 1-2 more goals from getting them in the GF. What they did last night was just reinforrce their credentials as the deserved #1 seed.

Last night was more of a reflection on Brisbane than Melbourne to be honest. Their credibility as a contender was torn to pieces last night. That was the meekest, most inept performance in a big game from a top of the ladder team in many a year. Melbourne destroyed them psychologically last night and I don't think their playing group will recover for the remainder of 2022. And with their age profile as well as their poor finals record, their current playing group may not recover without some regenration of the list. Was reminscent of the Bulldogs circa 2010 when we started running out of juice under Rocket.
    I didn't see the game as I am currently away, but looking at the stats, the Melbourne mids smashed Brisbane. Brissie may be vulnerable due to the lack of good mids. Neale, best mid, but was well held
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I didn't see the game as I am currently away, but looking at the stats, the Melbourne mids smashed Brisbane. Brissie may be vulnerable due to the lack of good mids. Neale, best mid, but was well held
    Honestly they have holes everywhere. But the lack of explosive mids and depth in the middle was glaring last night. Berry and McLuggage have stagnated and not made the jump from very good to elite like Petracca/Oliver did or Serong/Brayshaw or even Bailey Smith has done for us. To be fair they missed Zac Bailey last night - he is a jet and has taken his game to the next level.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly they have holes everywhere. But the lack of explosive mids and depth in the middle was glaring last night. Berry and McLuggage have stagnated and not made the jump from very good to elite like Petracca/Oliver did or Serong/Brayshaw or even Bailey Smith has done for us. To be fair they missed Zac Bailey last night - he is a jet and has taken his game to the next level.
    Yep, it highlighted the point of difference Bailey brings, which is hurt factor.

Even when they were on top in the first quarter, they just didn't look 'dangerous'.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne's best is clearly the best in the competition. However, their best is not on show every week and they are clearly gettable when they aren't 100% on - hell, we were 5 mins and 1-2 more goals from getting them in the GF.
    This is the truest thing ever written on this board and yet I hate Sedat for writing it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to get peoples hopes up too much by Essendon are behind at 3 quarter time against the Eagles
    Does it get much better than a Bulldogs win and a potential Bombers loss on the same night? I'm giddy.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to get peoples hopes up too much by Essendon are behind at 3 quarter time against the Eagles
    Does it get much better than a Bulldogs win and a potential Bombers loss on the same night? I'm giddy.
    The Eagles have been slowly getting better, how nice the Injectors might be the ones to cop their best performance.

Rutten might have to stay over there for a while for his safety.

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes macca, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best part is Essendon have had 23 scoring shots to 19.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Best part is Essendon have had 23 scoring shots to 19.
    The first goal of the quarter could be telling.

Post Thanks / Like

Cmon Eagles!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well a goal at the near 22 minute mark has the Eagles 21 points up.

Post Thanks / Like

Well a goal at the near 22 minute mark has the Eagles 21 points up.
    We're the big birds, Kings of the big game, we're the Eagles, we're flying high!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    We're the big birds, Kings of the big game, we're the Eagles, we're flying high!
    That modern version of the song is an atrocity