Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  42
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 104
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    53,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    That modern version of the song is an atrocity
    The whole song is
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Super performance by Carlton today. They have significant injuries but have been harder and stronger for longer against a genuine top 4 opponent. They have smashed the Freo midfield all day.
    We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep Beep.

  3. Likes Happy Days liked this post
  4. #33
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Super performance by Carlton today. They have significant injuries but have been harder and stronger for longer against a genuine top 4 opponent. They have smashed the Freo midfield all day.
    Yep. De Koning in the ruck has been super impressive against one of the more physical rucks in the league too.

    This is a game style that we’re very capable of replicating against Freo in a few weeks.
    - RIP Goldstein for 2021 First - 2020-2020 -

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    32,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Super performance by Carlton today. They have significant injuries but have been harder and stronger for longer against a genuine top 4 opponent. They have smashed the Freo midfield all day.
    Have to agree, strong all over the ground, injuries are no excuse for them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  6. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
  7. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yep. De Koning in the ruck has been super impressive against one of the more physical rucks in the league too.
    On the flipside, Lobb has been utterly awful today. He's just not a reliable key forward or ruckman, and at his age he is not going to suddenly tear up the competition or bridge the gap between his best and worst.

    I'm still on Team Goldy for 2023-24.
    We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep Beep.

  8. #36
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    On the flipside, Lobb has been utterly awful today. He's just not a reliable key forward or ruckman, and at his age he is not going to suddenly tear up the competition or bridge the gap between his best and worst.

    I'm still on Team Goldy for 2023-24.
    You’re probably right about Lobb, but after today’s VFL game I think I’m on team Darcy now.
    - RIP Goldstein for 2021 First - 2020-2020 -

  9. Likes Sedat, bornadog liked this post
  10. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    As much as I dislike conceding it, Chris Scott is a very good coach.
    He always has his team ready to play.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

  11. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    8,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Stewart just knocked out Prestia off the ball.

    Long spell coming his way.
    Retired from match day thread - Sep 2021 (Sometimes)

  12. Likes bornadog liked this post
  13. #39
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Stewart just knocked out Prestia off the ball.

    Long spell coming his way.
    Yeah that was really bad. Must have learnt it playing on Cameron all pre season.
    - RIP Goldstein for 2021 First - 2020-2020 -

  14. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    8,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah that was really bad. Must have learnt it playing on Cameron all pre season.
    Cowardly as.
    Retired from match day thread - Sep 2021 (Sometimes)

  15. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    32,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Stewart just knocked out Prestia off the ball.

    Long spell coming his way.
    Intentional tick
    Late tick
    Severe tick
    High impact tick

    Has to be 3 to 4 weeks doesn't it?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  16. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    8,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Intentional tick
    Late tick
    Severe tick
    High impact tick

    Has to be 3 to 4 weeks doesn't it?
    At least yes. 4 my first guess.

    Stewart in hot water after Prestia KO'd in this incident
    https://www.afl.com.au/video/786726
    Retired from match day thread - Sep 2021 (Sometimes)

  17. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    At least yes. 4 my first guess.

    Stewart in hot water after Prestia KO'd in this incident
    https://www.afl.com.au/video/786726
    4 would be better for us! Just watched clip on afl website. Sickening to watch Prestia on ground.

  18. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    15,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Have to agree, strong all over the ground, injuries are no excuse for them.
    Not this week, but they were last week. And they weren't the game before that, but they were one before that. It's a week to week proposition for anyone with injuries.

    From what I saw Fremantle just didn't respond to any of the pressure and had an absolute mare. Carlton have vulnerabilities just like everyone else and need to bring their absolute best to compete.
    Borderline irrational.

  19. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    15,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: AFL Game Day R15 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    As much as I dislike conceding it, Chris Scott is a very good coach.
    He always has his team ready to play.
    And fall in a heap.......!

    I'm not sure if the tire or if their structure eventually gets broken down by teams as they adjust to their set up. But we should have probably done them and it looks like the Tigers might after Geelong kicked out to substantial leads.
    Borderline irrational.

  20. Likes Testekill liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •