Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Port Adelaide: Level of Vengeance

You guys are mad we'll starch these dickheads.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes Ghost Dog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Their form has been better the past 2 weeks and unfortunately their season is, kinda, still alive.

Hopefully if English plays we can dominate clearances and Keath can play but not have to do too much cause it doesn’t get down their.

I’m sure they’ll be gutted about last year but I reckon it’s more likely to work in our favour than theirs. If we get on top the demons will arrive, but if they get on top I don’t reckon it’ll make them even better still.

We need to win so should come out firing.

Post Thanks / Like

Desire for vengeance didn’t work too well for us in Round One.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

5. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    5 to 6 metres? Players better swap their boots for flippers!

Seriously though I'm not sure where you are getting that from? BOM predicts only a 10% chance of bugger all rain Friday night and only 1-4mm for all of Friday and "most likely in the morning".
    Bom are cooked. Made some cuts and relocations to perssonel around the start of the pandemic and service quality has drastically reduced.

We play well on Adelaide and match up well, assuming we are interested then I think we should be able to handle whatever they want to throw at us.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

On any given day any team can beat us......we have proven that!

Do I think Port will win - if we bring the requisite level of intensity and play to our level then no. A big if though!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Ken Hinkley answers MJP:

Prelim disaster irrelevant to Friday night rematch: Hinkley

KEN HINKLEY says he has no control over the narrative of a mentally scarred Port Adelaide facing its tormenters, the Western Bulldogs.

But the Power coach says what happened during one of his club's darkest nights is largely irrelevant to Friday night's clash against the Dogs.

The last time they met, in a preliminary final last season, the Power were humiliated in a 71-point home loss to the Bulldogs.

"I am not qualified to know exactly what mental scarring is going to do or not do to people," Hinkley said on Thursday.

"All I can say is that ... this competition is so close and changes so quickly, I don't think you can reflect too far back to get a guide to what is going to happen in the next game.

"Clearly I knew we were going to get this question about whether we have looked and reviewed the Western Bulldogs' prelim final.

"We do that with every team we play ... we have done that this time.

"We're hoping and expecting a much better result but we know the quality of the opposition.

"What went on six months ago is going to have very little to do (with Friday night) but we will certainly not be ignorant and not try and learn from what went on."

Hinkley said much had changed at both Port and Bulldogs entering the Adelaide Oval fixture.

Both clubs were pre-season tips to feature at the top end of the ladder but both are struggling — Port lost its initial five games and sit in 13th spot, three rungs below the Dogs.

"Right now we're not talking about the same two sides," Hinkley said.

"It would be unfair for either us or the Western Bulldogs to spend too much time thinking about what happened (last year) ... we're in a different position.

"We have started the season in the position that we are and we're going to continually get questioned.

"And we have just got to continue to stay focused on what we can control and that is our effort day-by-day and preparation day-by-day.

"To narrow it down to one particular game and try and get a full-stop that this game will tell us where we're at is not right.

"We have just got to continue to build ... you have got to stay in the moment, don't get lost in trying to judge where you are right now."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We really need to make their backline accountable in the air too. Aliir can cut us up if Jonas continuously peels off and gets a block on Naughton's launch. This is a week where three marking options (at least) have to work hard in the F50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Agree with all of this. We’ve been able to negate Allir two of the last three times, once by design with Schache and once by Naughton completely kicking his arse. Seems like they will do anything to stop Jonas from actually playing on anyone so Allir, in that primary KPD role could again be exploited to our advantage if we can isolate him without help
    Beat Aliir and we're half way there. Can Cordy do it?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Will have to since go to man Scache isn't even in the emergencies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Will have to since go to man Scache isn't even in the emergencies!
    Big test for Buku? Has been playing forward in the VFL the last few weeks and obviously prior to that he was in defense.
    More of an In Bruges guy?