Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

I see Adelaide have opened up another list spot with Seedsman (concussion) moving to LTI list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I see Adelaide have opened up another list spot with Seedsman (concussion) moving to LTI list.
    That's horrible news for Seedsman. He had a great year in 2021 and he's had 2022 wiped out with a really nasty concussion. Hopefully he can get back but he will be 31 before next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    That's horrible news for Seedsman. He had a great year in 2021 and he's had 2022 wiped out with a really nasty concussion. Hopefully he can get back but he will be 31 before next season.
    Yeah awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Any interest in Francis for cheap? Fits Bevos versatility mantra. At 193cm probably not tall enough for renowned height discriminator BAD.

BOMBER FACES UNCERTAIN FUTURE IN RED AND BLACK

Essendon swingman Aaron Francis faces an uncertain future at Tullamarine after being dumped from the struggling side.

The man taken pick six ahead of GWS Giants’ onballer Jacob Hopper (pick seven), Carlton superstar duo Harry McKay (pick 10) and Charlie Curnow (pick 12) was omitted after gathering only four possessions in each of the Bombers’ losses to Richmond and Sydney Swans.

He has averaged one goal and seven disposals a game over his four matches this season and is out of contract at season’s end after last signing a three-year agreement in 2019.

Essendon is prepared to wait on a new deal for Francis as it zeroes in on new contracts for No. 1 pick Andrew McGrath and gun youngsters Zach Reid and Nik Cox.

McGrath was this week linked to rising interest from Richmond and St Kilda but the Bombers have no desire to trade the speedster at this stage.

It means Francis, 24, could attract the attention of rival clubs from South Australia where he is from, but any interest is likely to have cooled based on his recent form.

Trade sources said he would likely only command a late draft pick in a trade at season’s end and a modest salary for 2023.

Essendon has maintained strong faith in Francis over his career but he has struggled to have a consistent impact at the top level, playing 54 games over seven seasons.

He was drafted as a star intercepting defender in 2015 but has moved forward this season and can play at both ends.

Francis was taken after Essendon landed pick five as part of the Jake Carlisle trade to St Kilda, allowing the Bombers to take Darcy Parish and Francis in a one-two hit.

Seven years on Bombers’ officials face a tough decision at season’s end whether to maintain the faith in Francis or seriously entertain a move if the compensation suits. He is a free agent at the end of next season when he can walk to the club of his choice.
    More on Logue and Pearce:

The Dockers are likely to lose Griffin Logue to a Victorian club and are about to crank up talks with full back Alex Pearce.

Logue was seen to be lowballed by the club over a deal that took seven months coming but given the Dockers don’t have a second or third-round pick they can secure more draft picks for the November national draft.

Pearce is a restricted free agent but has been injury prone with only 73 AFL games in his seven and a half seasons.

His clear preference is to stay but rivals desperate to secure a key position defender have ramped up their inquiries in recent weeks given no deal is yet done.
    Link

5. Likes hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats amazing on Logue. Given the noise so far you’d have to think we’re that Victorian club.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Any interest in Francis for cheap? Fits Bevos versatility mantra. At 193cm probably not tall enough for renowned height discriminator BAD.

More on Logue and Pearce:

Link
    Not wrong there

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Thats amazing on Logue. Given the noise so far you’d have to think we’re that Victorian club.
    Prefer Logue out of the two
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Never really rated Francis and would think we already have our not that tall intercept defender who never really went anywhere at their previous club on the list in O'Brien.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Never really rated Francis and would think we already have our not that tall intercept defender who never really went anywhere at their previous club on the list in O'Brien.
    Francis strikes me as a local footballer; fair bit of talent but pretty poor work rate.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Francis strikes me as a local footballer; fair bit of talent but pretty poor work rate.
    If his struggling to get into the Essendon side ( "going to enter review x10") atm then the above observation may seem fair. Buyer beware he will come with work rate issues , I just don't think he will make it as a long term footballer. Maybe a change of environment may help? Essendon can never be at fault here for his development ( cynic off) .

Logue - yes he could be a good fit. The parameters are there for us to get him:
    - low balled deal
    - can't get into a team in top 4
    - still young with potential upside.
    - they have a few backman, maybe ahead of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    People don't like being low-balled by their employer and we lost Ward in that same manner.

Not sure if we are into Logue but he would be worth considering.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    If his struggling to get into the Essendon side ( "going to enter review x10") atm then the above observation may seem fair. Buyer beware he will come with work rate issues , I just don't think he will make it as a long term footballer.

- low balled deal
    I'd add that he has pretty good form this year when playing as well. He'd be perfect as possibly pushing Gardner into a depth position (which for all his improvement he is probably best as a depth player over best 22)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    If his struggling to get into the Essendon side ( "going to enter review x10") atm then the above observation may seem fair. Buyer beware he will come with work rate issues , I just don't think he will make it as a long term footballer. Maybe a change of environment may help? Essendon can never be at fault here for his development ( cynic off) .

- low balled deal
    When he's fit he's being played. I don't think earning his spot is a challenge for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I would see Logue as someone who would improve the team as he is really about to reach his prime.

Aaron Francis is a definite no. His prime was round 3 2021 and with 54 games in 7 years at a struggling football club, he is more eker than game changer.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Francis exists only to be included in trade packages for elite midfielders by Dodoro. He’s not a real person.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes G-Mo77, Grantysghost, jeemak, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I would see Logue as someone who would improve the team as he is really about to reach his prime.

Aaron Francis is a definite no. His prime was round 3 2021 and with 54 games in 7 years at a struggling football club, he is more eker than game changer.
    I agree about Francis, he's just a bit off the mark from my perspective.
    Two slight concerns with Logue, what would we need to give up to get him? Is he durable enough?
    He adapted to a defensive forward role last week against Melbourne last week so that might be a tick in the plus column.