Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 10 of 131 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He's got Vezpremi's lungs - just a naturally low capacity (VO2 Max).
    Would be a gun in the 80s.
    Vez still may make it though.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes jeemak, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Vez still may make it though.
    He's only 32. Plenty of time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

If we miss out on McStay or Cameron - I am one of the few who would be interested in taking Lobb off Freo's hands if they really are letting him go.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If we miss out on McStay or Cameron - I am one of the few who would be interested in taking Lobb off Freo's hands if they really are letting him go.
    Lobb is exactly what we need, a better all round aerial threat who is capable of genuine ruck support (to be honest he’s probably a better tap ruckman than Tim is). I’d look at him over McStay for sure, especially if they’re at comparable money.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    *!*!*!*! it, do it. He’s hot and maybe good, and Jacko is a top 5 bulldog ever so lets make him happy. I honestly think we need midfield depth anyway.
    We should look at this other bloke Collingwood have got ... Lipinski. He's had a great season and would give us midfield depth.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    We should look at this other bloke Collingwood have got ... Lipinski. He's had a great season and would give us midfield depth.
    If I’ve been consistent on anything it’s my belief in letting Lipinski go being a big stuff up. For whatever reason his leash was significantly shorter than everyone else’s.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I’ve been consistent on anything it’s my belief in letting Lipinski go being a big stuff up. For whatever reason his leash was significantly shorter than everyone else’s.
    It is such a shame that we are now looking for midfield back up when we had a ready-made in our midst.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    It is such a shame that we are now looking for midfield back up when we had a ready-made in our midst.
    But he didn't want to be a back up. He has now found his niche in the Collingwood midfield.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Didn't fit Bevo's mould of a player unfortunately but I really like him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    But he didn't want to be a back up. He has now found his niche in the Collingwood midfield.
    I don't understand why this is so hard to see. He is in Collingwood's starting midfield. He was not going to be in our starting midfield for at least a few years - we have had 2-3 years of rotating Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dunkley, Treloar and Smith through the middle exclusively. That's not about Bevo playing favourites, it's about him playing the best players.

I liked Lipinski, I would have loved him to stay, but why would you stay somewhere as the 8th best mid when you could go and be the 2nd or 3rd best somewhere else, probably on better money...it's the same argument for why Dunkley looked to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I don't understand why this is so hard to see. He is in Collingwood's starting midfield. He was not going to be in our starting midfield for at least a few years - we have had 2-3 years of rotating Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dunkley, Treloar and Smith through the middle exclusively. That's not about Bevo playing favourites, it's about him playing the best players.

I liked Lipinski, I would have loved him to stay, but why would you stay somewhere as the 8th best mid when you could go and be the 2nd or 3rd best somewhere else, probably on better money...it's the same argument for why Dunkley looked to leave.
    I think we could have found a meaningful spot for Lipinski. As for playing the best players, R.Smith was at times preferred and the likes of Hayes.

Just on Dunks, you might be underestimating the way we used him as a ruckman as in his decision to test the waters and if we were to lose him at the end of the year it will likely be a significant gap in our playing list and one that the likes of Lipinski would have been ideal to fill it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

100% correct Jazzadogs. We don't need midfield depth at all. We have guys like West and Garcia waiting to get in there.

We need to be looking for a key quality backman and a second mobile ruck who can play forward and get his hands on the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    100% correct Jazzadogs. We don't need midfield depth at all. We have guys like West and Garcia waiting to get in there.

We need to be looking for a key quality backman and a second mobile ruck who can play forward and get his hands on the ball.
    Is this any different to our requirements in the trade period last year?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We can do both. We can get both a young mid with 2 years in the AFL system under his belt and also get players who fill more pressing needs.

If we think he is talented, and can get him at an affordable price that doesn't impact the rest of our list composition, then I see no reason not to be doing it.

As for West and Garcia having his role already. Well this is the first time we've seen fit to give West an extended run at it basically ever, and Garcia is super injury prone. They are hardly the two most bankable mid prospects, and both also lack the size Macrae offers.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is this any different to our requirements in the trade period last year?
    Probably not. I know the club was trying, to get players but with no currency it is difficult.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.