Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 19 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I wouldn’t go reserving a jumper number for him or anything but a Carlton buddy of mine reckons we’re into Josh Honey.

I don’t reckon I’m into Josh Honey so hopefully this is smoke.
    I can't recall who, but a footy expert I rate actually rates Josh Honey and believes he can be a best 22 player.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t go reserving a jumper number for him or anything but a Carlton buddy of mine reckons we’re into Josh Honey.

The dude from The Mongrel Punt - https://themongrelpunt.com/afl-seaso...big-questions/

WHO IS THE MOST PROMISING OF THE SMALL FORWARDS?

Come here, Honey…

Did you see enough from Josh Honey in the latter stages of the 2021 season to make you think the same?

Whilst he is probably not going to break the record for disposals in a game at any stage, the art of the small forward is being dangerous and making the most of limited opportunities – the great ones make it look easy – and with six goals from his four late-season games, there was a spark about Josh Honey that few small forwards exhibit right off the bat.

At 20, he has a bit to learn, but the way he was able to read the ball off the pack, his acceleration, and his quick change of direction are exactly what you want in a goalsneak.

Eddie Betts has wandered off into retirement after notching 1.42 goals per game – is Josh Honey the bloke that can step up and pick up the slack left behind? If not him, then who?

Matt Owies averaged over a goal per game in 2021, and with Michel Gibbons gone, there is a real opportunity for him to make the role his own. Zac Fisher would be the other to be considered, but he just does not kick goals – he has never registered double-figures in his career and is probably more suited at half-forward where he can head up to the wing and use his leg speed to pickup inside 50s.

For mine, when you play someone in the forward pocket, you’re asking them to provide a spark. You want them hitting the fall of the ball at pace, creating opportunities, and pressuring the opposition. The latter is the area Josh Honey needs to work on to make part of his game, but as it stands, he has the first two covered well. Assuming he has had a good preseason, I’d be throwing him out there to see what he can do early in the season. He may provide the spark that lights the flame for the Blues in 2022.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I have my doubts but if so it would be a low key interest. He's a decent player
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I’d be considering any low cost natural forwards. Haven’t seen enough of Honey to know if it’s worthwhile, but certainly the right type of player we should be seeking out.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

What would Luke Jackson really be worth on a deal? How hard would you be prepared to get him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    By the way, I hear Jack Lukosius is very likely to be heading back to SA. He's even purchased a home back there.
    Whoever gave you that mail could probably get a job in the footy media, he's just re-signed for 4 years!

7. Likes azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I can't recall who, but a footy expert I rate actually rates Josh Honey and believes he can be a best 22 player.
    If we do chase him let’s hope he is a better goal kick than his namesake (who I liked watching for his grit & guts however kinda felt like he was going to spray kicks for goal every time he had a sniff - which he unfortunately did all too frequently).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Whoever gave you that mail could probably get a job in the footy media, he's just re-signed for 4 years!
    Rankine will too they're pretty happy up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It was a guy who's son works for the Crows albeit about 6 weeks ago.
    That's a good get by the Suns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It was a guy who's son works for the Crows albeit about 6 weeks ago.
    That's a good get by the Suns.
    Nobody wants to go to Adelaide.

Dawson must've got a kings ransom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The little person was supposed to represent their unpopular coach.
    Oh, that's OK then.

I actually knew that. Just strengthens how weird everyone was at the joint during the Thomas and Lyon eras.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Nobody wants to go to Adelaide.
    Apart from Josh Dunkley.

Post Thanks / Like

GEELONG CONSIDERS FREE AGENCY PLAY FOR JORDAN DE GOEY

Geelong has joined the growing list of clubs considering a free agency play for Jordan De Goey.

De Goey remains on personal leave from Collingwood after a week in which he was hit with a $25,000 suspended fine forced to apologise for his Bali partying video.

The out-of-contract star and soon-to-be free agent also saw the Pies take his $800,000 a year contract offer off the table.

The standoff has sparked renewed talks amid rival clubs over whether to take the plunge on the powerful, but controversy-plagued, match winner.

The Cats are currently debating whether to pursue to De Goey as they continue to defy the AFL’s equalisation process.

History says Geelong have been prepared to back in their culture. The recruitment of previously troubled goalsneak Tyson Stengle has been a raging success, albeit in a far different pay bracket.

St Kilda, North Melbourne and Port Adelaide have all spoken about the need to discuss De Goey. The Saints loom as the most likely destination if De Goey decides to leave Collingwood or if the Pies are now happy to see him leave.

It’s unclear whether De Goey would entertain a move down to Geelong, but Cats coach Chris Scott this week spoke openly about his philosophies on AFL 360.

“I don’t know Jordan at all, but what I do know is that over the years at Geelong we’ve had some success at being really clear that we want players to be themselves and have their personalities shine through – within a framework,” Scott said.

“A good culture in an elite sporting involvement doesn’t involve a 100 per cent of players being ‘straighty 180s’. I reckon you need a few who push the boundaries.

“That’s what they tend to be those high-performers, those uber-competitive players. Some of them are a little bit edgy and they do present a management challenge, but I think you want that as opposed to shying away from it.

“I certainly would favour supporting those types of people as opposed to protecting the brand first and foremost.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Sydney and Geelong would be the only 2 clubs that'd get the best out of de Goey. They seem to have the strongest culture.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think Sydney and Geelong would be the only 2 clubs that'd get the best out of de Goey. They seem to have the strongest culture.
    Surely De Goey's too young for the Cats

17. Thanks Bulldog Revolution thanked for this post
    Likes chef, dalek, Bulldog4life, Dry Rot liked this post