Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 24 of 131 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

I think this would be a poorly timed and reactive move for a player who has never shown consistency across his career. With JUH, Darcy a returning Bruce and Naughton, I think this would be a trade being made a year too late for the circumstances.
    Plus, (and my biases exposed here), I just cannot bring myself to get enthusiastic about seeking to bring in a player who I firmly remember as being part of the GWS bully crew (along with Cameron and Patton) who took such glee at deriding Tom Boyd during the 2016 Prelim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    So when Naughton, Bruce and Marra are all fit and forward where does Lobb fit?
    Who plays second ruck? Bruce?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The two worst thing about the Lobb trade is not that he is a very inconsistent performer during the H&A season, not that we have to spend $1.5m to get him, not his terrible tattoos

The two worst things are
    1. We have to give up a 2nd round draft pick for him - we should be hitting the draft
    2. We think he will be more consistent with effort than Josh Schache. He won't be. The only difference is we will be paying more money for the pleasure.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes bornadog, Sedat, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The two worst thing about the Lobb trade is not that he is a very inconsistent performer during the H&A season, not that we have to spend $1.5m to get him, not his terrible tattoos

The two worst things are
    1. We have to give up a 2nd round draft pick for him - we should be hitting the draft
    2. We think he will be more consistent with effort than Josh Schache. He won't be. The only difference is we will be paying more money for the pleasure.
    I would rather give a 2nd round pick for a quality backman

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who plays second ruck? Bruce?
    Yep, I think thats the most logical step. We've got to think about Darcy too who'll start playing firsts games next season.

Lobb is not the answer to any of our current worries and it's just a waste of a list spot, salary cap and draft picks. Makes no sense so I'm sure we'll do it.
    The curse is dead.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Lobb is the answer we are asking the wrong question.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes chef, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Very succinctly put as opposed to my written diarrhea.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Good point, I think he is been given extra credits by some for his ability to ruck.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good point, I think he is been given extra credits by some for his ability to ruck.
    But haven't woofers been calling out for more ruck support?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But haven't woofers been calling out for more ruck support?
    For sure, and on paper he's a good fit for us. I'm not sure why but I'm still cautious about him.
    Looking at it a bit closer he's more or less Fremantle's number one goal kicking key forward or maybe some might say he splits that with Taberner.
    If he comes to us he's more likely the number 3 key forward. Does that work well for us and for Lobb?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

For sure, and on paper he's a good fit for us. I'm not sure why but I'm still cautious about him.
    Looking at it a bit closer he's more or less Fremantle's number one goal kicking key forward or maybe some might say he splits that with Taberner.
    If he comes to us he's more likely the number 3 key forward. Does that work well for us and for Lobb?
    Lobb is like all the English all-rounders from the 90's who were going to be the "next Botham" for their prowess with both bat and ball but ended up being ordinary in both. Lobb is an ordinary and wildly inconsistent option in both key forward and ruck and he will cost a bomb.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb is like all the English all-rounders from the 90's who were going to be the "next Botham" for their prowess with both bat and ball but ended up being ordinary in both. Lobb is an ordinary and wildly inconsistent option in both key forward and ruck and he will cost a bomb.
    $500,000 pa over 3 years been quoted.

Post Thanks / Like

People were saying McStay at $600k over 5 was a good price. 3 years, $500k seems like a good deal to me.

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see Lobb play against Melbourne recently? He ripped them to pieces.

Our draft picks for this year based on our current ladder position are 10, 28, 37 & 64

He would basically replace Martin on the list.

If 37 gets it done surely that's good business.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

19. Likes DOG GOD, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A key defender make more sense unless we think Naughton to the back line is worth considering.
    Well this is probably never happening again ever. We don't even send him back occasionally to help stem the tide, and we shouldn't he's one of the best key forwards in the league and nearly winning the coleman despite being a terrible set shot and only being 22 (wow).

Lobb is not the answer to any of our current worries and it's just a waste of a list spot, salary cap and draft picks. Makes no sense so I'm sure we'll do it.
    What do you mean Lobb isn't the answer to any of our worries? Half the discussion on here for the last 3 years is how we need both a viable second ruck option and another target to help take the pressure of Naughton. He is clearly the answer to two of our worries.

I think that is the point, it closes down options for the younger forward like Marra and Darcy although we probably have the same problem when Hannan returns
    Yep, I think thats the most logical step. We've got to think about Darcy too who'll start playing firsts games next season.
    Worrying about him holding back Darcy and JUH is fine I guess, but there will 100% be a spot for them if they are good enough, and we can't simultaneously bemoan how bad our forward line is and how its lacking quality options while turning back a proven established forward because we want to pump games into two players that have yet to show they can deliver at the level.

He's not even that expensive if that contract is true.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

21. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, jeemak, hujsh liked this post