Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 26 of 131 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Lobb is doing a job interview as we speak (against Port)
    5 goals sheesh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Lobb is doing a job interview as we speak (against Port)
    Why would they let him go?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    salary cap space for Jackson + he wants out
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

He prob won’t touch it next week and then we’d drop him cause you don’t get credits in the bank at the Dogs if your body language isn’t good and his isn’t good.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see the game so I could be talking crap but his 5 goals were not exactly key forward like. See below his highlights from the game.

I still question is he the type of player we should be going after.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/793585/...=1656842907001
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I didn't see the game so I could be talking crap but his 5 goals were not exactly key forward like. See below his highlights from the game.

I still question is he the type of player we should be going after.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/793585/...=1656842907001
    So since his goals don’t count I’m guessing you see him as more of a Bruce replacement than ruck support?

(I get what you’re saying but he was nearly BOG for 2.5 quarters)
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes Grantysghost, jeemak, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So since his goals don’t count I’m guessing you see him as more of a Bruce replacement than ruck support?

I'm really intrigued by Lobb being linked to us.
    Even if Fremantle are desperate to get Jackson across they should be able to find room for Darcy, Jackson and Lobb and they would hardly ever need to use Lobb as a ruckman.

The salary that he apparently is willing to play for with us isn't a distraction either and for a team with such a talented list we should be regarded in a premiership window despite our differing form this year.

The main questions I have are
    - Will it impact Ugle-Hagan and Darcy's development?
    - Will we have room in the cap to still land a ready made key defender?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really intrigued by Lobb being linked to us.
    Even if Fremantle are desperate to get Jackson across they should be able to find room for Darcy, Jackson and Lobb and they would hardly ever need to use Lobb as a ruckman.

The salary that he apparently is willing to play for with us isn't a distraction either and for a team with such a talented list we should be regarded in a premiership window despite our differing form this year.

The main questions I have are
    - Will it impact Ugle-Hagan and Darcy's development?
    - Will we have room in the cap to still land a ready made key defender?
    As well as all of that, it makes for some fascinating questions as to our approach to list management this off season. Without knowing the exact ins and outs of our cap, you’d have to think something would have to give to accommodate an extra $500k a year, yet from all reports we’re already some way down the road with Lobb. As you mention we have a need for him right now but his position is theoretically filled in the not too distant future, as well as space in the forward line needing to be made for him right now.

I think targeting Lobb not only suggests an unhappiness with the current structure (which is decidedly un-Bevo like) but that we might be a bit ruthless with our list decisions.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

As well as all of that, it makes for some fascinating questions as to our approach to list management this off season. Without knowing the exact ins and outs of our cap, you’d have to think something would have to give to accommodate an extra $500k a year, yet from all reports we’re already some way down the road with Lobb. As you mention we have a need for him right now but his position is theoretically filled in the not too distant future, as well as space in the forward line needing to be made for him right now.

I think targeting Lobb not only suggests an unhappiness with the current structure (which is decidedly un-Bevo like) but that we might be a bit ruthless with our list decisions.
    Is it possible we are looking at him as an intercept defender? Bevo loves his utilities. I agree with the above, we have more pressing needs and it seems we are chasing hard.
    I'm ok with it but I wonder where he sits on the whiteboard when they've listed "need : player"

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm not sold of Lobb as support ruck or Bruce replacement.

Posters were getting lost in the five goals and I wanted to highlight they were not your pack mark type goals.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Personally, I'm not sold of Lobb as support ruck or Bruce replacement.

Posters were getting lost in the five goals and I wanted to highlight they were not your pack mark type goals.
    We whinge about the club not having support ruck and when the club are linked to someone then we whinge again.

Maybe he isn't right for us, but there aren't that many good talls out there.

If he is available for $500k, I would take him and still go for a FB
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We whinge about the club not having support ruck and when the club are linked to someone then we whinge again.

Maybe he isn't right for us, but there aren't that many good talls out there.

If he is available for $500k, I would take him and still go for a FB
    Can I ask why is saying you aren't sold on a player interpreted as a 'whinge'?
    Most trade periods it's dismissed that we even have a problem.
    Aza has explained that from his perspective the marks taken on the weekend weren't traditional key forward type marks.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask why is saying you aren't sold on a player interpreted as a 'whinge'?
    Most trade periods it's dismissed that we even have a problem.
    Aza has explained that from his perspective the marks taken on the weekend weren't traditional key forward type marks.
    Sorry I am just frustrated, and not directed at just Aza.

I saw most of that game, and Lobb presented well to get those marks and 5 goals.

If true, about Lobb, well I think it is a good thing from the club and also a player wanting to come to us.

Not everyone has to like Lobb, but some valid reasons would be good.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sorry I am just frustrated, and not directed at just Aza.

I saw most of that game, and Lobb presented well to get those marks and 5 goals.

If true, about Lobb, well I think it is a good thing from the club and also a player wanting to come to us.

Not everyone has to like Lobb, but some valid reasons would be good.
    I'm a bit lukewarm on Lobb and mentioned the other day that if it all comes true I'll probably come around quick enough.

To be fair to Aza I thought he put up his reasons why the 5 goals didn't impress him like it obviously has with you.
    I didn't watch much of it but in today's game style 5 goals is normally impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought from his highlights a couple of his goals saw him get good separation and present, while one of the frees was a bit soft but big forwards can get those if they position themselves properly and get even the slightest bit impeded (unless your name's Aaron Naughton) which he did.

Only one of them was a Josh Jenkins special, and I didn't see how he got his first from his highlights.

Five's a good return, even if he didn't get them all from flying for pack marks. And anyway, not sure that's what we want from him if playing for us given the propensity for all of Weightman, JUH and Naughton want to fly for the same ball at times, with Bruce in the mix as well.

A tall taking a tall defender away from the congestion and being dangerous on the lead actually makes it easier for the other blokes to impact the game aerially, and I'd think that's exactly what we'd want from him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes bornadog, hujsh liked this post