Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 27 of 131 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We whinge about the club not having support ruck and when the club are linked to someone then we whinge again.

Maybe he isn't right for us, but there aren't that many good talls out there.

If he is available for $500k, I would take him and still go for a FB
    BAD I’ve changed my tune mid season on our most pressing need.
    It was 2nd ruck but now my thinking is we really need back end support in the key position ranks and also mid-small defender ranks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Granted I’ve only seen 1 min and 48 seconds of Lobb’s game.
    Happy Days and BAD saw a lot more than me and were impressed.

I still hold concerns around is he more consistent than Josh Schache?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Granted I’ve only seen 1 min and 48 seconds of Lobb’s game.
    Happy Days and BAD saw a lot more than me and were impressed.

I still hold concerns around is he more consistent than Josh Schache?
    Weeeeell.

He’s probably not more consistent but he is a much better ruckman and forward. I actually really rate his tap work but he can be a bit stoppage to stoppage when he’s on the ball. As a forward he isn’t the pack marker you would expect; not to say he can’t do it but more that he is underwhelming for a 7 footer.

He’s pretty much the opposite to English, but if we get him I would assume Schache is not at the club in 2023, and we would be much better off with Lobb.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BAD I’ve changed my tune mid season on our most pressing need.
    It was 2nd ruck but now my thinking is we really need back end support in the key position ranks and also mid-small defender ranks.
    Fair enough,
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My concern is not so much with Lobb (although it will be interesting to see how we structure our talls), but that I agree with aza that we have more pressing needs.

If we are able to get Lobb and a tall defender, then that will be good news.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    My concern is not so much with Lobb (although it will be interesting to see how we structure our talls), but that I agree with aza that we have more pressing needs.

If we are able to get Lobb and a tall defender, then that will be good news.
    I get it, but we should be able to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time meaning targeting both shouldn't be too big an issue for the super smart and completely flawless Sam Power.

Often we/ people worry about perfection and trying to strive for it gets in the way of good progress. Getting a Lobb would be good progress and just like any incremental improvement to a playing list should be done if it can be.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The difference between Lobb this week compared to the last time I watched him live, was his work behind the scenes. He led three or four times rather than the once and throw his hands up. He put in second/third efforts in the ruck. I liked his game yesterday. In some ways, he was the difference.
    In saying that, we don’t need a forward/ruck unless we are moving one of our current forwards back (namely Naughton) p.s. I don’t want this. But this would be the only way we take Lobb in my opinion.

Otherwise we need to look for a key defender. I would rather we go after Ballard from Suns or Taylor from GWS. Both young, tall key defenders.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    The difference between Lobb this week compared to the last time I watched him live, was his work behind the scenes. He led three or four times rather than the once and throw his hands up. He put in second/third efforts in the ruck. I liked his game yesterday. In some ways, he was the difference.
    In saying that, we don’t need a forward/ruck unless we are moving one of our current forwards back (namely Naughton) p.s. I don’t want this. But this would be the only way we take Lobb in my opinion.

Otherwise we need to look for a key defender. I would rather we go after Ballard from Suns or Taylor from GWS. Both young, tall key defenders.
    Don't we need ruck backup? At this stage for 2023, we have English and Sweet and a developing Darcy. If English goes down again, we can't just rely on Sweet, and we have seen Schache is not suitable for second ruck.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't we need ruck backup? At this stage for 2023, we have English and Sweet and a developing Darcy. If English goes down again, we can't just rely on Sweet, and we have seen Schache is not suitable for second ruck.
    We do.

Do people think we can only trade in one guy every year? We should get Lobb, and we should get a key defender (or 2!).

It’ll come down to currency but we’ll have a first rounder (not for Lobb) and we may get another via a Dunkley trade (can’t help but think he’s not gonna be with us next year - not necessarily what I want but reckon it’s likely. He’ll get more $ elsewhere for sure).

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

McKay from Norf too. They must all be reaching out for a move. Time for us to be aggressive.

Dunkley deal does seem like it's gone quiet. He might be the domino that enables some need based recruiting.

14. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I get it, but we should be able to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time meaning targeting both shouldn't be too big an issue for the super smart and completely flawless Sam Power.

Often we/ people worry about perfection and trying to strive for it gets in the way of good progress. Getting a Lobb would be good progress and just like any incremental improvement to a playing list should be done if it can be.
    I definitely hope that we are looking into all avenues, but can understand the apprehension of some with the impression that Lobb is our #1 target.

I think he will be a good addition, although I have always disliked him.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    So when Naughton, Bruce and Marra are all fit and forward where does Lobb fit?
    Lobb plays ahead of Bruce and Marra.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    McKay from Norf too. They must all be reaching out for a move. Time for us to be aggressive.

Dunkley deal does seem like it's gone quiet. He might be the domino that enables some need based recruiting.
    We've asked about Ben McKay and Jaxon Paine every year they've been available.
    Pretty sure Power said earlier in the year that a KPD is our no 1 priority. I expect we make a play for a player or two. I'm expecting us to get a Zerk-Thercher type who would be a marginal upgrade of Cordy, The KPD market is pretty hot
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Pretty sure Power said earlier in the year that a KPD is our no 1 priority. I expect we make a play for a player or two. I'm expecting us to get a Zerk-Thercher type who would be a marginal upgrade of Cordy, The KPD market is pretty hot
    I seem to remember a report that we were looking at a forward that we thought we could switch into a back. I am assuming a fringe type, any theories on who it could be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I hope we go pretty hard. I mean, there’s really no pout having a great midfield and the number of A-Graders or potential stars in our team, if we don’t have them in the right spot. No point having a strong list for a long time and not winning anything. I’d rather have an awesome list for 3-4 years and win a flag or 2. We really need to make it count next year and next year starts with recruiting now.

Hard as it may feel, but we’re gonna have to off load a couple blokes and target a couple of others.

22. Likes josie liked this post