Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 32 of 131 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Backmen
    Yeah by my count we need at least 4.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Saints have apparently expressed some interest in Lobb.
    The Saints can't draft and develop so they are linked to every OOC player on the market.

They are the 3am grab-a-granny of the AFL
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    The more I think about Lobb, the more I hate it. A player of historically conditional effort and patchy output in a position that may not even be one of our top 3 or 4 needs.
    TBH after a KPD, help for Naughton is priority no 2. Darcy is a way off and Marra probably a couple of years too (and Marra projects more of a Gunstan type than a genuine KPF at this stage)

We've got more than one problem to solve and we get a swing at solving one of them, I'm a yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    TBH after a KPD, help for Naughton is priority no 2. Darcy is a way off and Marra probably a couple of years too (and Marra projects more of a Gunstan type than a genuine KPF at this stage)

We've got more than one problem to solve and we get a swing at solving one of them, I'm a yes.
    Bruce?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb has to be a secondary target. We’d be better to pick the bones from North Melbourne - Ben McKay and Goldstein for Dunkley and Hunter. Dunkley would then get paid what he thinks he deserves and we surely can’t afford. North have to [ay someone to fill the cap plus he could captain them. Hunter, well I just have no idea what’s going on there.

McKay is precisely what we need and even though Goldstein is near the end, we gives coverage for Darcy for another year plus can go on the seasoned ruckman when one gets on top of Tim. Lobb doesn’t provide that and I actually think our forward line is OK when we win it in the middle.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Bruce?
    30 year old coming off an ACL who is having hamstring troubles during his recovery (which is common)?
    It's a lot to gamble on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Lobb has to be a secondary target. We’d be better to pick the bones from North Melbourne - Ben McKay and Goldstein for Dunkley and Hunter. Dunkley would then get paid what he thinks he deserves and we surely can’t afford. North have to [ay someone to fill the cap plus he could captain them. Hunter, well I just have no idea what’s going on there.

McKay is precisely what we need and even though Goldstein is near the end, we gives coverage for Darcy for another year plus can go on the seasoned ruckman when one gets on top of Tim. Lobb doesn’t provide that and I actually think our forward line is OK when we win it in the middle.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...eac00c2565487b

Post Thanks / Like

I think we can put McKay to bed.
    I know we went hard for Jack Payne before he signed a contract last year, we'll probably ask the question again (and get knocked back).

Here's a left field option that won't be popular - Billy Frampton. Has played defence at SANFL level, and we've said we're targetting a forward who will go back and support defence so he might be who we're talking to.
    He's OOC and not getting much of a look in at the Crows. Seems pretty mobile for a 202cm player, mature body (25)

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I get it and Lobb might be the easiest option to access. But I honestly don’t trust him at all. Could easily be the answer to a problem, or playing out the string at Footscray in 2 years

Post Thanks / Like

I think we can put McKay to bed.
    I know we went hard for Jack Payne before he signed a contract last year, we'll probably ask the question again (and get knocked back).

Here's a left field option that won't be popular - Billy Frampton. Has played defence at SANFL level, and we've said we're targetting a forward who will go back and support defence so he might be who we're talking to.
    He's OOC and not getting much of a look in at the Crows. Seems pretty mobile for a 202cm player, mature body (25)
    I mentioned Frampton a little while ago, he was in good form but once dropped hasn't been given another look.
    Has played ruck and forward as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I mentioned Frampton a little while ago, he was in good form but once dropped hasn't been given another look.
    Has played ruck and forward as well.
    Didn’t he play well against us? Oh hang on…
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'd rather a competitive stoppage animal in the Nankervis mould
    If you want a lumbering style Ruckman, then can't Sweet be that person. He is continually improving
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's force North's hand and offer them the pick 3 than Essendon give us for Dunkley for McKay. I'm really coming around to the idea that KPDs are the only players that actually matter.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I found your KPD and we can get him cheap on the international rookie list.

May need a bit of training before debut.

Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

19. Likes bornadog, azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If you want a lumbering style Ruckman, then can't Sweet be that person. He is continually improving
    I'd be happy to keep him on the list for another year.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"