Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 42 of 131 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Any interest for us? Could he be used as a defender much like his brother

Fremantle has identified Adelaide forward Elliott Himmelberg as a potential trade target, according to SEN SA’s Michelangelo Rucci.

The 24-year-old, who comes out of contract at season’s end, made his first AFL appearance since Round 9 last week.

Himmelberg replaced the injured Riley Thilthorpe for the Crows’ upset win over Carlton, finishing with eight disposals and a goal.

The Crows tall kicked four goals twice against Port Adelaide and Richmond earlier this year before losing his place ahead of Round 10.

Rucci understands the Dockers are doing their due diligence on Himmelberg.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    He's one of those guys that can win matches in 5 minutes. No way GC let him go if they can avoid it.

Plus it seems like finally they've got some buy in from their players. If he goes that will shred it.
    Agreed. Is Rankine OOC?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Agreed. Is Rankine OOC?
    Yes he is.

4. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Being reported Lance Franklin to Brisbane so they can be closer to Franklins partners family.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/news-20...d=Social-AFLFS
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Being reported Lance Franklin to Brisbane so they can be closer to Franklins partners family.

That means the Swans have a lot spare cash to get a new marketing star
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Hipwood, Daniher, Buddy and Brisbane tend to play a second ruck/forward too. Just how tall do they want to be up there?

They tanked against Richmond when Fort came on as the sub and Richmond just outran them in the second half. I hope this happens as Brisbane need an extra runner, not another tall. Basically rules them out for 2023.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hipwood, Daniher, Buddy and Brisbane tend to play a second ruck/forward too. Just how tall do they want to be up there?

They tanked against Richmond when Fort came on as the sub and Richmond just outran them in the second half. I hope this happens as Brisbane need an extra runner, not another tall. Basically rules them out for 2023.
    Buddy would just replace McStay so it won't change their structure. Bit of a nightmare matching up those 3 forwards though.

Post Thanks / Like

So Brisbane have some work to do. Ashcroft has nominated them as a father son pick, as Aza pointed out it's somewhat confirmed that Franklin wants to go there and they have an academy player in Jaspa Fletcher that could attract a first round pick nomination from another club they probably now can't match. Buddy is a RFA as well.

While it's great for them to land a big name they've got plenty of challenges.
    Are there any fringe players we could look at?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    That means the Swans have a lot spare cash to get a new marketing star
    That they could only offer Buddy $500k (don't get me wrong, I think it's a fair enough offer), suggests to me they don't have a spare million to splash. I imagine they have some back ended current contracts into 2023 that they structured around Buddy's contract that will eat up much of the Buddy space they had.

I also think they have quite a few young players that will require a pay rise in the near future, such as Warner. McCartin would be entitled to significantly improved terms going forward as well.

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    That they could only offer Buddy $500k (don't get me wrong, I think it's a fair enough offer), suggests to me they don't have a spare million to splash. I imagine they have some back ended current contracts into 2023 that they structured around Buddy's contract that will eat up much of the Buddy space they had.

I also think they have quite a few young players that will require a pay rise in the near future, such as Warner. McCartin would be entitled to significantly improved terms going forward as well.
    I honestly can't see Buddy leaving the Swans.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So Brisbane have some work to do. Ashcroft has nominated them as a father son pick, as Aza pointed out it's somewhat confirmed that Franklin wants to go there and they have an academy player in Jaspa Fletcher that could attract a first round pick nomination from another club they probably now can't match. Buddy is a RFA as well

While it's great for them to land a big name they've got plenty of work to do.
    Fletcher is another father/son (Adrian Fletcher), but as you point out they may struggle to acquire the necessary points depending where a bid comes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So Brisbane have some work to do. Ashcroft has nominated them as a father son pick, as Aza pointed out it's somewhat confirmed that Franklin wants to go there and they have an academy player in Jaspa Fletcher that could attract a first round pick nomination from another club they probably now can't match. Buddy is a RFA as well

While it's great for them to land a big name they've got plenty of work to do.
    We can ask about Paine, as we do annually.

The list spots vs picks rule means Brisbane have to shed a few players. Gardiner as an RFA has some appeal, probably consigns TOPB to be a $400k VFL player for the next two years though
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

The list spots vs picks rule means Brisbane have to shed a few players. Gardiner as an RFA has some appeal, probably consigns TOPB to be a $400k VFL player for the next two years though
    Us or you
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like this is the next joke on me after the player contract thread. 1 MORE YEAR!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I feel like this is the next joke on me after the player contract thread. 1 MORE YEAR!!!!
    is there a thread
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post