Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 8 of 131 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    How much is Dunkley worth this trade period? Asking for a friend.
    Should be a 1st and a 3rd rounder but perhaps more likely 2 x 2nd rounders.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

How much is Dunkley worth this trade period? Asking for a friend.
    Probably not as much as he was last time a visionary poster suggested he be moved on.........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Is he worth as much as Zach Reid? Because if he is maybe we should think about maybe thinking about it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

RIVALS QUEUING UP FOR MCSTAY

Brisbane Lions’ Dan McStay has “significant interest” from rival clubs, with Collingwood, Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs and Fremantle all circling the key forward, according to Triple M’s Jay Clark.

It’s previously been reported that the Magpies were keen on the Victorian, who can become a free agent at season’s end.

Clark reported that the Lions have been “spooked” by the level of demand in McStay, having upped their offer to the 26-year old.

“Maybe they misread the play six months ago, because there was only a three-year deal on the table initially, now they’ve gone to a five-year deal, he said on Triple M’s Rush Hour.

“However, I think that there is a $600,000, five-year deal on the table for Dan McStay to leave.

“Looking squarely at Collingwood here. Remember they missed out on Tom Lynch who went to Richmond a few years ago. I think McStay is certainly in Collingwood’s frame.”

McStay is coming off a career-best 2021 season where he booted 28 goals including 15 majors from Rounds 16 to 22 after Eric Hipwood got struck down with an ACL injury.

He’s kicked 14 goals from 10 games this year.

Former North Melbourne chairman James Brayshaw believes given his value as a contested-marking key forward who’s in his prime, McStay will receive even more lucrative offers.

“I reckon he’ll get more than that ($600,00 per season) — if he holds the line and doesn’t do anything and keeps playing well,” Brayshaw said.

“Melbourne are a great example — this is the best team in the comp — they can’t get their forward half right. But Freo, if you put a decent forward in front of what they’ve got going, then they are in real good shape.

“You can’t find one who’s played 149 games and is 26. You can draft them, but as you know you’ve got to then put four or five years into them.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good player but I wonder if this one really has any legs being linked to us?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Reads like a throwaway line doesn't it?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Reads like a throwaway line doesn't it?
    Why can't we be linked to players? Everyone always complaining we don't chase players, but we do.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why can't we be linked to players? Everyone always complaining we don't chase players, but we do.
    I don't want to get all Dennis Denuto about it but when were were linked to Keath and Bruce it seemed genuine. Trengove and Martin jumped up more during the trade period than mid season speculation.

This one is a touch early to get my hopes up but lets look at it closely. Assuming we are considering him as a forward, we already have Naughton and Bruce then Schache and Marra and even Hannan and Cordy as taller forwards. 5 out of the 6 of them are left footed forwards so do we really need another? Maybe we do. Schache might be gone at the end of the season and we know Cordy is limited so it might open up a spot. Darcy might even start his career as a forward with us.

If we are still being linked to McStay in 6 or 7 weeks time I'll be a lot more interested.

Brisbane have offered a 5 year deal to keep the soon to be 27yo so it's going to have to be something enticing to land him.
    Perhaps we see him more as a defender but until things are a bit clearer I'm just an interested watcher.

10. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McStay offers that tall mark option from kickout in the backline. I have seen it a few times , the Lions rely on him to be part of that link chain out of defense. This is something that we are crying out for Schache and Sweet to provide. Also Bevo would love him as he can play multiple positions.

we already have Naughton and Bruce then Schache and Marra and even Hannan and Cordy as taller forwards.
    If all of our tall forwards stay fit , not sure if he becomes surplus ?

Would love to have him but the $$$ and to balance the SPP will be a hard one.

Post Thanks / Like

McStay for five years at six hundred a year is what you would need to pay for a player of his quality and versatility.

We can piss around the edges, sure, but he's actually the guy we've talked about around here for a long time and with Bruce being a couple of years away from retirement would work into our group nicely.

We'll lose one of Dunkley or Smith this year, so we will be able to afford him. Get it done.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes EasternWest, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    McStay for five years at six hundred a year is what you would need to pay for a player of his quality and versatility.

We can piss around the edges, sure, but he's actually the guy we've talked about around here for a long time and with Bruce being a couple of years away from retirement would work into our group nicely.

We'll lose one of Dunkley or Smith this year, so we will be able to afford him. Get it done.
    I'm for it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Is $600k really that much for a structural guy who would def play every week?

Surely Schache is on $400+ and never gets a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Is $600k really that much for a structural guy who would def play every week?

Surely Schache is on $400+ and never gets a game.
    I don't think anyone really doubts he's worth that sort of money but it's still a 3M investment if the rumors are correct.
    He plays as a forward for Brisbane and next year we will have Naughton, Bruce, Marra and maybe Schache so do we need him as a forward or more as a defender? If it's the latter would he be interested to play as a defender for us?

Post Thanks / Like

whats bailey smith worth on the trade table? asking for a friend again.........

Post Thanks / Like

whats bailey smith worth on the trade table? asking for a friend again.........
    The club has to stick with Bailey now more than ever. For his own health sake. No deal for me.

19. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post