Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 15 of 131 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think Freo will have any currency issues.
    Freo is likely to to get a late first for Logue and would get a first rounder for Lobb which would also be more of a salary cap dump.

I just don't get it. Darcy is a good ruckman and Jackson hasn't quite proven himself as a forward. What are they actually gaining?
    Is it a ruse to get Melbourne to overpay for Jackson and weaken their list?
    I guess they think they can build around him for the next ten years.
    Agree it's a risky move but he does look pretty amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think Freo will have any currency issues.
    Freo is likely to to get a late first for Logue and would get a first rounder for Lobb which would also be more of a salary cap dump.

I just don't get it. Darcy is a good ruckman and Jackson hasn't quite proven himself as a forward. What are they actually gaining?
    Is it a ruse to get Melbourne to overpay for Jackson and weaken their list?
    Are you sure on that one? Pretty sure he's older now than Bruce was when we got him for pick 30ish. Lobb is probably not as good as Bruce but does play an important, in demand role so can see the value equaling out a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Are you sure on that one? Pretty sure he's older now than Bruce was when we got him for pick 30ish. Lobb is probably not as good as Bruce but does play an important, in demand role so can see the value equaling out a bit.
    Probably net pick 20-35 for me. As in you might give up a first and get something back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Not that I am particularly worried about it but are others scared of Sydney poaching someone?

Buddy finishes up soon, freeing up a shitload of salary cap space. They typically use that on a marquee player, who is marketable, a matchwinner, well known and one of the best players to watch. I'd imagine Aaron Naughton, Marcus Bontempelli and Bailey Smith would all be pretty high on their list, as they each fill all the above. I don't really see the first two leaving at least but if they go down that path the offer will be generous.
    Dusty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Not that I am particularly worried about it but are others scared of Sydney poaching someone?

Buddy finishes up soon, freeing up a shitload of salary cap space. They typically use that on a marquee player, who is marketable, a matchwinner, well known and one of the best players to watch. I'd imagine Aaron Naughton, Marcus Bontempelli and Bailey Smith would all be pretty high on their list, as they each fill all the above. I don't really see the first two leaving at least but if they go down that path the offer will be generous.
    I said a month or two back to a mate Bailey Smith would be perfect for Sydney and its almost like the perfect storm.

Franklin one or two years left
    He'd love the quieter non footy lifestyle
    Marketing opportunities would be even more endless
    Sydney scene seems to suit him well

Worst of all, Sydney are stealth MoFo when it comes to this. Remember everyone thought Franklin was going to GWS!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Dusty.
    Nope.

Sydney are experts at LOOK OVER HERE, WHILST I SCREW YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I said a month or two back to a mate Bailey Smith would be perfect for Sydney and its almost like the perfect storm.

Worst of all, Sydney are stealth MoFo when it comes to this. Remember everyone thought Franklin was going to GWS!!
    Trade for Heeney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    You might be right, maybe a 2nd rounder. It still doesn't change that they can offer something good for Jackson.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They exploited the salary CAP to get franklin to the max. Not only drafting players stealthily, but with their live trades in one of the last 2 drafts . They are just so good at playing the numbers in shuffling the draft order. Look at all the young kids they got that are playing now !

Even McCartin was a stroke of pure genius. In good faith on talent and that he would heal.
    Hickey has come good, amazing money ball pick.

They managed to pick up pull Dawson, Gulden, Ronke, Warner and Papley from out of the blue, just to name a few.

Post Thanks / Like

So wait, Luke Jackson is a tRaiToR?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Sumich is renowned for being totally full of shit right?
    It's a staggering offer if true, I have my doubts that Sumo has got this one right.
    I wouldn't go anywhere near that sort of valuation.

Post Thanks / Like

All good points and if money is his primary interest he might jump at it.
    It would be disappointing for us if it panned out that way.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Bailey Smith has suggested to you he doesn't like being the centre of attention in a football state?

I'd be really surprised if he left his family network, but you never know I guess. If any move was made it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was to a Hawthorn, Richmond or Collingwood due to those clubs being based on the eastern side of town.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What about Bailey Smith has suggested to you he doesn't like being the centre of attention in a football state?

I'd be really surprised if he left his family network, but you never know I guess. If any move was made it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was to a Hawthorn, Richmond or Collingwood due to those clubs being based on the eastern side of town.
    Nothing he has said.

What I'm about to say seems at odds with his marketing endeavors; but I think with his anxiety and mental health concerns he may cope better in a non football state where the spotlight isn't as intense.

Post Thanks / Like

It's being reported that Collingwood have pulled their Jordan De Goey contract offer.

Collingwood has taken its long-term contract to Jordan De Goey off the table in the wake of his Bali antics. It will meet with the wayward star and decide any potential punishment.

As talented as he is and despite the risks there will be a couple of clubs very interested in him.