Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 16 of 131 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's being reported that Collingwood have pulled their Jordan De Goey contract offer.

Collingwood has taken its long-term contract to Jordan De Goey off the table in the wake of his Bali antics. It will meet with the wayward star and decide any potential punishment.

As talented as he is and despite the risks there will be a couple of clubs very interested in him.
    Geez, ironic Syndey was mentioned in this thread earlier. Its a place DeGoey would find less scrutiny. Him and Parker would just cause havoke in the fwd mid half.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Geez, ironic Syndey was mentioned in this thread earlier. Its a place DeGoey would find less scrutiny. Him and Parker would just cause havoke in the fwd mid half.
    From what I can gather the club would have signed off on his trip away and now they are pulling the contract so they can reassess.
    I'm not sure if they could tell him not to go or if assured them he would behave and then didn't but it's a curious situation.

I'm constantly surprised why guys with substantial contracts in front of them can't reel it in so they can maximise their market value.
    If he was worth a 5 x 800K deal a few weeks back he might not be worth that now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

“Only Collingwood knows the parameters it put in place around De Goey’s behaviour at the start of the year and what behaviour, particularly when it comes to his conduct toward women, would constitute further sanction,” Whateley wrote on SEN’s website.

“He was offered a clean slate and he has squandered it.

“Having spoken with the leaders of other clubs across the weekend, to a person they were resolute they would suspend De Goey.

“Idiotic doesn’t even scratch the surface was the sentiment from more than one current day player.

“Among the questions facing De Goey is how serious is he about his professional football career and the sacrifices that are required?

“The answer to that question will have a major say in his future. I think he is unrecruitable now.

“No club with a straight face could explain to its senior players why you’d be offering a million dollar deal to lure De Goey.

“He’s Collingwood’s asset, he’s Collingwood’s problem and he’s Collingwood’s responsibility.”

AFL commentators agreed De Goey’s trade value has plummeted after his latest off field scandal.

“It certainly puts more seeds of doubt in other clubs that were considering having a crack at him as a free agent and trying to get him to the football club,” Leigh Montagna said on Fox Footy’s First Crack.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I can gather the club would have signed off on his trip away and now they are pulling the contract so they can reassess.
    I'm not sure if they could tell him not to go or if assured them he would behave and then didn't but it's a curious situation.

I'm constantly surprised why guys with substantial contracts in front of them can't reel it in so they can maximise their market value.
    If he was worth a 5 x 800K deal a few weeks back he might not be worth that now.
    I don't see what the issue is with DeGoey? He went to a night club on his holiday? What is the big deal?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't see what the issue is with DeGoey? He went to a night club on his holiday? What is the big deal?
    On face value, the club signed off on him going overseas for a break. I assume there is more to it.

Post Thanks / Like

On face value, the club signed off on him going overseas for a break. I assume there is more to it.
    Darcy Moore and Jamie Elliot were also in Bali

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy Moore and Jamie Elliot were also in Bali
    They behaved like adults though. De Goey should be on his best behaviour atm but still acted like a flog.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

“Only Collingwood knows the parameters it put in place around De Goey’s behaviour at the start of the year and what behaviour, particularly when it comes to his conduct toward women, would constitute further sanction,” Whateley wrote on SEN’s website.

“He was offered a clean slate and he has squandered it.

“Having spoken with the leaders of other clubs across the weekend, to a person they were resolute they would suspend De Goey.

“Idiotic doesn’t even scratch the surface was the sentiment from more than one current day player.

“Among the questions facing De Goey is how serious is he about his professional football career and the sacrifices that are required?

“The answer to that question will have a major say in his future. I think he is unrecruitable now.

“No club with a straight face could explain to its senior players why you’d be offering a million dollar deal to lure De Goey.

“He’s Collingwood’s asset, he’s Collingwood’s problem and he’s Collingwood’s responsibility.”

AFL commentators agreed De Goey’s trade value has plummeted after his latest off field scandal.

“It certainly puts more seeds of doubt in other clubs that were considering having a crack at him as a free agent and trying to get him to the football club,” Leigh Montagna said on Fox Footy’s First Crack.
    This is dribble.....unrecruitable...pah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    They behaved like adults though. De Goey should be on his best behaviour atm but still acted like a flog.
    Sorry I still don't get it? Breaking news player goes to night club and mucks about with some girls? Unless he has broken any club protocols, this is just a media beatup

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I still don't get it? Breaking news player goes to night club and mucks about with some girls? Unless he has broken any club protocols, this is just a media beatup
    I guess the fact it's being discussed here is the point. People love a controversy.

Frankly I couldn't give a toss what they do in their spare time if they present match ready and it's legal.

Reports of trying to pull a girls top down aren't flash if true however.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I guess the fact it's being discussed here is the point. People love a controversy.

Frankly I couldn't give a toss what they do in their spare time if they present match ready and it's legal.

Reports of trying to pull a girls top down aren't flash if true however.
    Maybe, but isn't the contention that he is seen as tugging at a woman’s top in the video as you have highlighted?
    While the lady in question has come out and said she was not offended by it I'm not sure it's a good look for a club where 50% of the members would be women and the fact they have an AFLW side. Some of the calls on talk back radio today from ladies indicated they weren't happy with it. (I heard two of them) Would it even be a discussion if the lady in question had have been offended by it?
    I think he would have been stood down straight away.

Given what happened in New York, it seems that he is a slow learner.

I get you should be able to go away and have fun but to some extent he is pushing the limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, but isn't the contention that he is seen as tugging at a woman’s top in the video as you have highlighted?
    While the lady in question has come out and said she was not offended by it I'm not sure it's a good look for a club where 50% of the members would be women and the fact they have an AFLW side. Some of the calls on talk back radio today from ladies indicated they weren't happy with it. (I heard two of them) Would it even be a discussion if the lady in question had have been offended by it?
    I think he would have been stood down straight away.

Given what happened in New York, it seems that he is a slow learner.

I get you should be able to go away and have fun but to some extent he is pushing the limits.
    Ergh, I don't know to be honest. I'm over outrage culture if it was two adults having some fun why do I care granted it's legal.
    The top incident doesn't sit well with me but I'm not going to be offended on her behalf.
    I agree with you the "optics" aren't great considering his recent past and everyone is bloody paparazzi these days!

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All good points, and I can't disagree with someone who knows more about footy than I do.

All I see is the youth of today are getting taller and taller, they are faster and faster, and agile.
    I've seen calls for us to look at Sam Collins from GCS.

He's 194cm, he measures his time trial via sun dial, and he's an ok kick at best.

He's also a very good fullback.

If you're good enough, you're tall enough.
    FWIW we've been into Jack Paine the past few years - 197cm and 105kg. Big boy and has played both ends this year
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The lewd action with his fingers and tongue would be offensive to a lot of women I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I've seen calls for us to look at Sam Collins from GCS.

He's 194cm, he measures his time trial via sun dial, and he's an ok kick at best.

He's also a very good fullback.
    He would be a great lockdown defender, just ask Naughton. But he's contracted until the end of 2025.