Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 85 of 131 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1962
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't even know who that is
    And best we leave it that way

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    There is a tactical move towards mobile talls, particularly with Blicavs’ unique strengths and the structural impact he has on the Cats. Without him, the Cats would be a very different team. We also hear that Freo is interested in Jackson playing around the ball but not as a ruck man.

Tomlinson has shown previous success as a tall wing - a position we definitely struggled finding permanent solutions this year - and it is perfectly reasonable for us to talk with him and let our doctors/fitness team have a look. I trust their judgment.

Remember too that Geelong have succeeded in recruiting mature bodied players from other clubs. Incredible really how many of tomorrow’s team started their career elsewhere. Getting a fit Tomlinson for low draft capital is worth the risk (provided of course the docs and high performance team are supportive). Then we still get our early draft picks to use on high-end juniors who we desperate;y need.
    Doesn't he have a year of his contract left at $600k?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Doesn't he have a year of his contract left at $600k?
    Tomlinson has two years left at something like 500-600k pa.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Sam menegola ? Big body mid who can kick goals . I hope we are asking about his availability , as the cats have heaps of depth challenging for places on the midfield

Could be a Dunks replacement and foil for Bonts

6. Likes boydogs, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes I am hoping too Josie. Besides it is more fun being positive.
    Most people seem to get their fun from doubt and negativity to protect themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a few posters on BF as saying that Hunter won't be at the dogs next year, not sure if it has been mentioned.

Hunter can be frustrating sometimes with his ball use but has been a two way consistent player for a long time. I think on field we are going to miss him if it's true, we have struggled to fill the wing position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Quite a few posters on BF as saying that Hunter won't be at the dogs next year, not sure if it has been mentioned.

Hunter can be frustrating sometimes with his ball use but has been a two way consistent player for a long time. I think on field we are going to miss him if it's true, we have struggled to fill the wing position.
    Yes, its been speculated a few times on here. He has two years to go on his deal though so might be hard to move.
    It was being speculated that Essendon might be interested.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he'll be hard to move I think we'll have to pay portions of his contract though should we move him. I hope not though, I'd rather he stayed.

Post Thanks / Like

This on Fox Footy

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Players that could leave

Josh Dunkley has officially requested a trade to Brisbane, two years after his unsuccessful attempt to get the Essendon in the 2020 Trade Period. But this time, Dunkley is out of contract as a non-free agent. Dunkley had a career best season in 2022 with the club “disappointed” in his decision to exit. Jason Johannisen remains out of contract after 11 seasons at the club. He fell out of favour at stages in 2022 and is reportedly on the Gold Coast Suns’ radar. West Coast also made a play for the utility a few years back, so don’t count them out. Josh Schache is another out-of-contract player who failed to secure his place in the Dogs best 22. And with the rise of youngsters Jamarra Ugle-Hagen and Sam Darcy, Schache could struggle again in 2023. Zaine Cordy is another who could look for a move away from the Dogs.

Players that could arrive

Melbourne forward Adam Tomlinson has reportedly undergone a medical at Whitten Oval, as the Dogs look to build support for Aaron Naughton. Tomlinson is contracted for another two seasons at the Dees, but missed most of the 2022 campaign through injury. The Bulldogs did have their sights set on Docker Rory Lobb, but Fremantle have told the contracted big man that they would be holding him to his deal. Former Bulldog and Blue Liam Jones is returning to Footscray after missing the entire 2022 season over his Covid vaccine beliefs. Jones did not meet the AFL’s mandatory health and safety protocols, that have since been lifted, and could not be registered as an AFL player. But as he’s now classified as an unrestricted free agent, he can move to the Bulldogs as his choice. Some interest in Adelaide small forward James Rowe, too.

Who's already gone

Nil

Draft picks

11, 29, 37 (via North Melbourne), 65, 83
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Depressing is an understatement.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomlinson's a forward who we're hoping can provide support for Aaron Naughton. Okay..........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Depressing is an understatement.
    Slight overreaction.

We're looking at getting Fremantle's best forward and will secure an elite one on one defender who if he'd have been injured rather than actually playing in a lower league all 2022 would for some reason be viewed as a better prospect!

This season has done weird things to us.

15. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Slight overreaction.

We're looking at getting Fremantle's best forward and will secure an elite one on one defender who if he'd have been injured rather than actually playing in a lower league all 2022 would for some reason be viewed as a better prospect!

This season has done weird things to us.
    Lobb isn't coming as far as I can tell, not sure why many think this is a game not sure Bell is the type.

Dunks gone.

Hunter going.

JJ one of our only guys with pace going.

Jones totally unknown, I don't have a lot of faith tbh.

I'm sticking with depressing! (on the trade front).

Draft on the other hand, now that's where the fun begins.

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb isn't coming as far as I can tell, not sure why many think this is a game not sure Bell is the type.

Dunks gone.

Hunter going.

I'd be really surprised if Lobb, who after ditching a compulsory meeting to wrap up Fremantle's season due to having a promise to be traded revoked will be there next year. His trade value won't be any higher next year and he won't be putting in the yards at Fremantle to make sure it is.

We won eight and lost four with Dunkley out last year. Our midfield can cover him. I'd prefer to keep him, but that's just how it is and I'm not losing too much sleep over him going given our midfield stocks.

JJ looks like he's staying, according to most recent reports and Hunter has had issues all year and is likely not marching to the beat of the drum the rest of the team is. Thus, being better off gone for the good of the team.

Agreed we should be excited about our possible draft hand after we secure something for the Dunkley trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunks gone.

Hunter going.

We'll definately get Lobb and Jones and they'll make us a better side.

19. Thanks jeemak, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post