Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 104 of 131 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1962
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Via trade radio - https://www.afl.com.au/news/853648/t...-grundy-latest

Dockers Stand Firm on Lobb

Fremantle's head of list management and player personnel, David Walls, has faced the media to pour cold water on any hopes the Western Bulldogs might have of luring Rory Lobb to Victoria.

"We've had some conversations but we've got no intention of trading Rory," Walls said.

"A 206cm key forward who kicks two goals a game and can go through the ruck, they're very hard to find. We expect Rory to be with us next year. He's a professional, and he'll be able to come back and work with us and we'll support him to have a repeat of the season he had this year."

Walls said Lobb had shown after his failed request to move to GWS last year that he was able to put disappointment aside and play good football with the Dockers.

Walls flagged Fremantle's interest in Gold Coast pair Josh Corbett and Jeremy Sharp, but said the Corbett deal would have no bearing on Lobb's future.

"I can't see how Rory won't be playing for Fremantle next year," he said.

Asked what would tempt Fremantle to deal Lobb to the Bulldogs, Walls set the bar high.

"Naughts (Aaron Naughton) and Bont (skipper Marcus Bontempelli)," he said with a laugh.
    Time to move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Time to move on.
    We need another ruck, so let's find one
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Time to move on.
    Cal Twomey suggested that once they've locked in Luke Jackson their tune might change. I'm a bit more skeptical of that given Lobb was played predominantly as a key forward this year, Freo opting to play Logue as the second ruck towards the end of the season in particular.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Cal Twomey suggested that once they've locked in Luke Jackson their tune might change. I'm a bit more skeptical of that given Lobb was played predominantly as a key forward this year, Freo opting to play Logue as the second ruck towards the end of the season in particular.
    Yes I think they've got cap room for both so I can't see any requirement for them to let him go. They're a much better side with he and Jackson.
    It never really made a lot of sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Power on trade radio now
    Nothing groundbreaking from Sam today. Was hesitant to comment too much on Lobb given Fremantle's stance. Reiterated that we'll need proper compensation for Dunkley.

Said that the Liam Jones deal would be expected to play out over the next 24 hours however we were waiting to see how some of our current players with free agency status play out, then went on to talk about Cordy as the free agent we were waiting on.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

6. Thanks Grantysghost, Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Grundy to Demons is pretty done I reckon.

These deals rarely manifest during these weeks, unless there's a breakdown of a previous arrangement.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing groundbreaking from Sam today. Was hesitant to comment too much on Lobb given Fremantle's stance. Reiterated that we'll need proper compensation for Dunkley.

Said that the Liam Jones deal would be expected to play out over the next 24 hours however we were waiting to see how some of our current players with free agency status play out, then went on to talk about Cordy as the free agent we were waiting on.
    What's the alternative for Jones? We can't trade for a guy that retired, surely?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    What's the alternative for Jones? We can't trade for a guy that retired, surely?
    If he is being treated as a free agent who generates compensation for Carlton then I can't see why they would rule out trading him. It isn't as if the first part makes sense.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why Cordy's decision would have any bearing on Jones. Surely if Cordy was to leave as a free agent his contract wouldn't be sufficient to trigger any compensation anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not sure why Cordy's decision would have any bearing on Jones. Surely if Cordy was to leave as a free agent his contract wouldn't be sufficient to trigger any compensation anyway?
    Why not? Every bit helps and I'm assuming we can probably get Jones for a pick upgrade. Plus someone like Tomlinson might be a backup option should Zaine depart and we are planning on using the compo pick to get him if that eventuates.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Why not? Every bit helps and I'm assuming we can probably get Jones for a pick upgrade. Plus someone like Tomlinson might be a backup option should Zaine depart and we are planning on using the compo pick to get him if that eventuates.
    Because I doubt anybody would pay Zaine enough to trigger compensation. But I guess they are waiting just in case, no rush I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Regardless of if we land Lobb (long odds now) we still need another ruck option. We shouldn't go into next season with just English and Sweet. Lobb is a forward who provides a quality chop out ruck but he's not a week to week ruckman.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Regardless of if we land Lobb (long odds now) we still need another ruck option. We shouldn't go into next season with just English and Sweet. Lobb is a forward who provides a quality chop out ruck but he's not a week to week ruckman.
    Meek?

Post Thanks / Like

Meek?
    I'd rather we focus on someone with a bit more vigor

Jokes aside, he would be worth considering.

Post Thanks / Like

Grundy to Demons is pretty done I reckon.

These deals rarely manifest during these weeks, unless there's a breakdown of a previous arrangement.
    If the AFL moves the game to a 5 man IC bench for next season it might provide clubs to have the scope to play 2 genuine ruckman.
    Melbourne will be well placed. Spending that level of money on ruckman might be excessive though.