Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I wonder how likely it is we get that pick better than 21? Wouldn't take much to upgrade it into the first round and then boom lets just straight trade it and future first (swap 39 and a 40s pick if you really have to)
    Bang on. If Brisbane is prepared to get active, there’s a heap of options to secure Dunkley for only two late first rounders. They should be active, as they can have their cake and eat it too from here.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane might now be willing to part with a player if they can get a player interested in coming too us.

3. Likes bornadog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Brisbane might now be willing to part with a player if they can get a player interested in coming too us.
    Best guess or rumour Stevo?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Who though would be acceptable
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who though would be acceptable
    I'd be willing to take a player with the initials CR off their hands. Won't even make them pay for any of his salary because I/we are so generous

7. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be willing to take a player with the initials CR off their hands. Won't even make them pay for any of his salary because I/we are so generous
    Very generous offer.

You're a reasonable a guy. In fact everywhere you go, they say to me, hujsh, is a reasonable *!*!*!*!ing guy.

9. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Best guess or rumour Stevo?
    I got an email last night from a mate but can't verify how serious it is but it mentioned Brisbane had asked two players if they would consider moving. It doesn't mention names but MAYBE Roberston was one of the players. Unlikely to happen though.

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how likely it is we get that pick better than 21? Wouldn't take much to upgrade it into the first round and then boom lets just straight trade it and future first (swap 39 and a 40s pick if you really have to)
    Moving pick 21 on by Brisbane is a bit problematic for them as if they do it they will be short on the points they require and I suspect they would want something back this year to help cover that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Moving pick 21 on by Brisbane is a bit problematic for them as if they do it they will be short on the points they require and I suspect they would want something back this year to help cover that.
    Perhaps we have agreed in principle to send something back their way for points IF they get us that earlier pick.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Perhaps we have agreed in principle to send something back their way for points IF they get us that earlier pick.
    It'd want to be better than 15 in that case

15. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yeah. We all get that mate but surely that means they give something else back next year?

I hope we are all in on finding a way to bid for Fletcher.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah. We all get that mate but surely that means they give something else back next year?

I hope we are all in on finding a way to bid for Fletcher.
    Conversely, a promise not to bid on Fletcher at Pick 12 (after Ashcroft pushes 11 back) saves them 56 Draft Points or = Pick 68. (At least) A free 4th rounder (of points) without needing to open a spot to use an actual 4th rounder.

That’s a nice points bonus for Brisbane if their attitude changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Say Robertson does become a piece in the trade, given what MJP has said is our best move on trading him to Freo for a little extra juice along with Lobb? Would they value him enough to trade, say, their first with Lobb? What else would we need to add on?

I haven’t checked the draft order before posting because I think it’s just that good of an idea.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Freo’s pick will be 14 or 15, added with Lobb.

Robertson for say the first rounder, throw them back 39 for Lobb.

Is that what you’re thinking?

20. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Freo’s pick will be 14 or 15, added with Lobb.

Robertson for say the first rounder, throw them back 39 for Lobb.

Is that what you’re thinking?
    Yep. Thanks for doing the legwork.

Reckon they’d bite? Might be a little too optimistic.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -