Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 20 of 131 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

I'd take him on for the right price.

We wouldn't be able to pay him what he is worth on the open market but I'd take him if we could get him. It's not like we haven't straightened out our own dickheads over time.

.......and yes I get we got rid of Stringer and Dahl, and almost got rid of a few more but the guys who stayed could actually play a part in making sure he pulls his head in. He might be a guy who thrives in the secondary Melbourne environment rather than the big four or whatever it is now type environment.

We need a natural forward of his size and ability.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

We wouldn't be able to pay him what he is worth on the open market but I'd take him if we could get him. It's not like we haven't straightened out our own dickheads over time.

.......and yes I get we got rid of Stringer and Dahl, and almost got rid of a few more but the guys who stayed could actually play a part in making sure he pulls his head in. He might be a guy who thrives in the secondary Melbourne environment rather than the big four or whatever it is now type environment.

Look at Stengle, you can get a redemption arc.

Post Thanks / Like

De Goey would make me feel really gross to go and support, plus is he really even that good?

It's not 2018 anymore, those fleeting moments of brilliance are never going to be more than that. Let North pay him and don't think twice about it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes azabob, EasternWest, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Taylor Walker is out of contract but is still a very effective player. He has kicked 5 today and is moving well.
    We probably don't need him especially with Bruce coming back from his injury but he could still offer something for a team over the next 2 years.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Taylor Walker is out of contract but is still a very effective player. He has kicked 5 today and is moving well.
    We probably don't need him with Bruce coming back from his injury but he could still offer something for a team over the next 2 years.
    He looks as good as ever but no. Can't get past last year's racial abuse and that somehow even worse apology video. I want to like my team.

7. Likes bornadog, chef, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He looks as good as ever but no. Can't get past last year's racial abuse and that somehow even worse apology video. I want to like my team.
    I get that but some could probably live with De Goey and not many had a problem with Eades tirade against Minson.
    I do think someone like Walker could learn a good lesson from the mistakes he made.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I get that but some could probably live with De Goey and not many had a problem with Eades tirade against Minson.
    I do think someone like Walker could learn a good lesson from the mistakes he made.
    Don't really see how that's comparable given that we learnt about it some 10 years after the fact.

For a club with a tenuous history with indigenous talent (that has allegedly cost us some potential recruits in recent years) I would have a hard time reconciling the recruitment of a player like Walker.

10. Likes chef, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if we are going to spend money it has to be on a key defender first and foremost who is best 18 right away.

Second to that is an emerging key defender via the draft; either under age or from the state leagues.

Third is a medium defender who can replace Duyrea.

I think in 2023 we assume that either Bruce or Schache can be our 2nd ruck and we draft a under age ruckman or ruckman from the state leagues.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t get behind this one. It would be a waste of money for someone who plays 1 out of 5 games. Let alone his cultural issues that come with him.

jee, would you prefer DeGoey or Dunkley?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think if we are going to spend money it has to be on a key defender first and foremost who is best 18 right away.

Second to that is an emerging key defender via the draft; either under age or from the state leagues.

I think in 2023 we assume that either Bruce or Schache can be our 2nd ruck and we draft a under age ruckman or ruckman from the state leagues.
    Agree, these are our priorities.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Don't really see how that's comparable given that we learnt about it some 10 years after the fact.

For a club with a tenuous history with indigenous talent (that has allegedly cost us some potential recruits in recent years) I would have a hard time reconciling the recruitment of a player like Walker.
    Taking away the casual racism, Walker's on the ede of the precipice anyway. Pass.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

As rookies I like Garner and Kellet. Both small defenders.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this whilst drunk after a friend's birthday. I take it back.

We do need a natural forward of his size, but we don't need a bogan wannabe Eshay like him.

20. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t get behind this one. It would be a waste of money for someone who plays 1 out of 5 games. Let alone his cultural issues that come with him.

jee, would you prefer DeGoey or Dunkley?
    Dunkley. You know what you're going to get.

I just don't think Dunkley will stay.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this whilst drunk after a friend's birthday. I take it back.

We do need a natural forward of his size, but we don't need a bogan wannabe Eshay like him.
    Props for using the word Eshay, I haven't heard it used for ages. I once heard it defined as "bogans who stress like tennis players"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.