Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I seem to remember a report that we were looking at a forward that we thought we could switch into a back. I am assuming a fringe type, any theories on who it could be?
    I thought it was the other way around, but who knows. It could be Payne, Logue, McAsey, McStay (pre big-offers).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I thought it was the other way around, but who knows. It could be Payne, Logue, McAsey, McStay (pre big-offers).
    I think a few posters were wondering whether McStay could play back.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the recruiting of Lobb. 3 years at $1.5 million all up. Yep. Forward and 2nd ruck to Tim. If we managed to trade for him I would imagine Schache is either let go or plays full time backline. I would like to see Darc train with the backline over summer too. Good place to start for him.

Post Thanks / Like

id rather logue than lobb.

I think given we lose dunkley this year surely we can convert him plus the cash into a decent KPD. Id love to see Keath as the 2nd backman and get him back to reading the play a bit more.

Anyone got any intel on B.Smith's likely contract? 2 years? 3 years?

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    id rather logue than lobb.

I think given we lose dunkley this year surely we can convert him plus the cash into a decent KPD. Id love to see Keath as the 2nd backman and get him back to reading the play a bit more.

Anyone got any intel on B.Smith's likely contract? 2 years? 3 years?
    It has been reported as 2 years for Smith, haven't seen any mention of the $$$ involved.

7. Thanks ReLoad thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No it was about our search for another key back. I managed to find the report I posted back in May:

Western Bulldogs will scour the league for a prime key defender to bolster its back line for next year’s premiership tilt.

The Bulldogs are in the market for a strong-bodied key backman such as Fremantle’s Griffin Logue to address the defensive vulnerabilities which have been exposed this season.

Out-of-contract Brisbane big man Dan McStay could also be an option to help boost the Dogs key position stocks.

Luke Beveridge’s men have lost 37 per cent of their defensive contests – ranked 18th in the league.

They have also conceded 39 goals to key forwards this year – ranked 13th.

Former coach Rodney Eade said it was the obvious missing link for the Dogs after slipping to 10th spot with three wins from eight games ahead of Friday night’s crunch clash against Collingwood.

“When they play against good teams, that is going to catch them out,” Eade said on RSN.

“I know Luke has probably bristled at that in the past about tall defenders but going forward they need to really sit down and plan about how we are going to get some tall defenders in.”

Complicating matters is the salary cap squeeze on at the kennel as the Dogs attempt to re-sign a host of stars including Bailey Smith, Caleb Daniel, Tim English, Bailey Dale and Josh Dunkley.

Hard nut midfielder Dunkley, 25, would help free up salary cap space if he sought another trade request after failing to get to Essendon, but the club has held positive talks with him on a new deal.

Bulldogs’ list manager Sam Power also faces a tricky challenge finding the right man to beef-up the back end from the players potentially available this year.

In particular, the new stand rule has left backmen exposed and the Dogs’ reliance on their midfield to support the back line has fallen down this year after making last year’s Grand Final.

Logue looms as an attractive option but the Dogs would face a fight to land him as the 24-year-old has recently re-established himself as a key pillar in one of the best defences in the competition.

Likewise his Dockers’ teammate Alex Pearce, 26, remains out of contract at season’s end and has the ability to push for All-Australian selection throughout his prime according to former coach Ross Lyon.

The Dogs will also consider other injury-hit players and key forward options who could make the switch into the back line such as former Carlton stopper Liam Jones or Demon Sam Weideman.

Adelaide 197cm defender Fischer McAsey, a former pick six, has been on the outer at the Crows, Carlton’s Caleb Marchbank has returned from injury through the VFL, Melbourne’s Joel Smith is out again with injury, while Essendon’s Aaron Francis is a left-field candidate.

Demon Harrison Petty (2025), West Coast’s Tom Barrass (2026), Cat Jack Henry (2024) and Richmond’s Noah Balta (2023) have all recently recommitted.

The Dogs will prefer a taller key defender instead of a third option or smaller marking intercept player to fill the void on their list.

It is the clear priority for the club which has lost former Hawk Tim O’Brien to another soft tissue setback after securing him from Waverley last year.

Alex Keath, 30, will replace him in the team after overcoming a hamstring problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Personally, I'm not sold of Lobb as support ruck or Bruce replacement.

Posters were getting lost in the five goals and I wanted to highlight they were not your pack mark type goals.
    I don't know if that's what we need more of anyway. If there's a competent second ruck who is dangerous forward (in any capacity) I think they're worth consideration

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb plays ahead of Bruce and Marra.
    Or maybe Lobb plays where Naughton is and he goes back. I know it's crazy but Bevo may surprise yet again.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Ben McKay might be looking for another home. Would he be on interest for us?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gvgjr View Post
    ben mckay might be looking for another home. Would he be on interest for us?
    yes, yes, yes

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is he any good? He's not the Ayce Cordy is he?

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks have spoken to Karl Amon

Four contenders for free agent Karl Amon - St Kilda, Melbourne, Carlton & Hawthorn.
    Expecting offers to range from 4-5 years
    Last edited by bornadog; 05-07-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We wanted to draft him and have approached him every time he's been up for contract, so yes for sure.
    North can afford big dollars though.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

We wanted to draft him and have approached him every time he's been up for contract, so yes for sure.
    North can afford big dollars though.
    Do you rate him Mofra? I get his brother is very good but I know little about this guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hell yes, but I think he'd end up at Carlton.
    The curse is dead.