Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 30 of 131 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    To add further complexity the last week or two North have played him forward.
    Funnily enough I actually saw a bit of his game forward v the Crows and it's fair to say his goal kicking made Aaron Naughton look like Tony Lockett. Of course that doesn't really matter to us as we would have no need to play him forward.

My very limited impression is that he's a good mark, I assume he can defend well enough, but his disposal may be a bit shaky and he doesn't get very much of it. Those aren't fatal flaws for a pure stopper type KPD, although they all need to be somewhat reliable by foot these days. However I'm really not sure if my impression is accurate or not.

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Hayden McLean from Sydney as a cheap option for second ruck / forward? .
    At 197cm, he will be giving away height to some of the big rucks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We can't have midget rucks.

Although I might suggest as a second ruck option he is not has height challenged as Hannan and Khamis
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

McLean would be rucking 5-10% game time. Not sure his height should be a deciding factor.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

He'd be a forward more than a ruck. He's taller than Cordy, Hannan and Khamis.
    I suspect he'd be expensive - more than Lobb in trade terms, and would be pushing similar coin. Sydney would want to keep him though.

Speaking of Swans forwards who can go back, Sam Reid probably wants to extend his career by a season or two...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

What about Hayden McLean from Sydney as a cheap option for second ruck / forward?

He has only played 8 games this year and has been overtaken by Peter Ladhams as the second ruck option.

McDonald and Sam Reid seem to be preferred as the other key position players.
    I don't think he's much of a player but the Swans do have a few 2nd string ruck man forward types.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

DOCKER’S UNCONVINCING ANSWER AMID $1.5M WHISPERS

In-form Dockers goalkicker Rory Lobb says “we’ll have to see” whether his long-term future is at Fremantle amid reports of his desire to move back to the east coast and specific trade interest from the Western Bulldogs.

Lobb on Sunday produced a career-best outing in the Dockers’ tight win over Port Adelaide, booting five goals from 11 disposals and six marks. It was the first time Lobb had kicked more than three goals since Round 17 last year.

The 29-year-old’s performance came days after Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph reported rival clubs believe Lobb will be at the Bulldogs next season, despite being contracted to Freo until the end of 2023.

Lobb, who tried to be dealt back to the Giants in last year’s trade period, is said to be interested in a move back to the east coast. And according to Ralph, the market expectation is the tall-needy Bulldogs will add Lobb, who’s seeking a three-year, $1.5 million deal.

“Obviously I still have that year on my contract,” Lobb told 9 News Perth when asked about his footy future on Tuesday night.

“I don’t like to talk about up and coming years, I usually just focus on what’s happening throughout the year and right now it’s playing really good footy and trying to make finals and finishing as high as we can to give ourselves the best chance of winning a premiership.”

Asked if he saw his long-term future at the Dockers, Lobb said: “We’ll have to see. There’s a few things we’ve been working through.

“I’ve really been enjoying my footy this year. Injury-free so far touchwood. We’ll need to see what happens at the end of the year and right now it‘s just focusing on finals.”

Lobb has kicked 134 goals across his 133-game career with the Giants and Dockers so far.

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tall needy. Well, "good and ready to play" tall needy, maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see if he continues to play well and we get honey-dicked into offering up more money based on that.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It will be interesting to see if he continues to play well and we get honey-dicked into offering up more money based on that.
    That's exactly what I expect. 500k sounds way too good to be true. Unless it's the 3 years that's the allure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's exactly what I expect. 500k sounds way too good to be true. Unless it's the 3 years that's the allure.
    I'm assuming it's the years that appeal most.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Jackson is an exciting player but I wouldn't be offering anywhere near the money and the length of the contract that is being speculated.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Jackson is an exciting player but I wouldn't be offering anywhere near the money and the length of the contract that is being speculated.
    Is it the only way to lure him?

Hope they've done some research on Tom Boyd, I'd assume so with Boyd and Murphy there.

It's a lot of pressure for a young kid.

Post Thanks / Like

In the same article

But according to Ralph, Jackson has told friends he wants to be a Docker - though he’s yet to make up his mind for certain.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post