Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 31 of 131 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Is it the only way to lure him?

Hope they've done some research on Tom Boyd, I'd assume so with Boyd and Murphy there.

It's a lot of pressure for a young kid.
    I suspect if he really wants to head home a good deal rather than a maximum type deal should be enough.
    Ruck man get injured, this year proves that, so long term deals isn't something that I would offer.
    The other thing is has he really shown enough to suggest he's worth the money that's being mentioned?
    There will be a lot of focus on him next year if the he makes the move, it will be interesting to see if he has the form and the maturity to handle it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I suspect if he really wants to head home a good deal rather than a maximum type deal should be enough.
    Ruck man get injured, this year proves that, so long term deals isn't something that I would offer.
    The other thing is has he really shown enough to suggest he's worth the money that's being mentioned?
    There will be a lot of focus on him next year if the he makes the move, it will be interesting to see if he has the form and the maturity to handle it.
    Re whether he's shown enough, probably not it's a bit of an investment in potential that's for sure.
    I think he's going to be a star though so I'm ok with it talent wise.

Post Thanks / Like

Jackson has shown more at AFL level than Boyd did when we chased him.

He'll get paid less than Boyd. Given the way Freo's rebuild had been tracking the past few years I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

You have to meet 95% of the cap at a minimum and of they are paying him $800k as rumoured, that's only $50k more than Lobb who's likely to leave.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

He'll get paid less than Boyd. Given the way Freo's rebuild had been tracking the past few years I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

You have to meet 95% of the cap at a minimum and of they are paying him $800k as rumoured, that's only $50k more than Lobb who's likely to leave.
    Will they continue to pay part of Lobb's salary if he leaves?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Will they continue to pay part of Lobb's salary if he leaves?
    Maybe the new club Lobb goes to will spread the $750 over the life of the deal?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn we might get Lobb for a 9th rounder.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

For sure, it's more that amount of pressure on a young kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Jackson has been at Melbourne for 3 seasons, Boyd just one at GWS so yes he's shown a lot more.
    Had Boyd dug in on extracting as much out of his contract from us we would have struggled for a couple of seasons so the point I'm trying to make is that if it's a long term deal for Jackson with the big money that is being mentioned I think it's a risk for a ruckman.

We lost a coach and a captain and the club needed a PR win which is why we went chips in for Boyd, I don't think Freo needs Jackson to that extent given how they're performing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Lobb is a big chance to come to the kennel next year. How would his skill set have helped us on a night like tonight? It's on record that the club will never move Naughton away from key forward, so Lobb replaces Schache tonight. He can't play down back and he is a so-so stoppage ruckman (so is English to be fair). Keath and Gardner are first and second choice key defenders, with only Cordy as backup - to say we are thin down back is an understatement.

I maintain we are not asking the right questions if Lobb is the answer.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Likes GVGjr, chef, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Sounds like Lobb is a big chance to come to the kennel next year. How would his skill set have helped us on a night like tonight? It's on record that the club will never move Naughton away from key forward, so Lobb replaces Schache tonight. He can't play down back and he is a so-so stoppage ruckman (so is English to be fair). Keath and Gardner are first and second choice key defenders, with only Cordy as backup - to say we are thin down back is an understatement.

We need a second ruck, so he would solve that. BUT, we need quality tall backman, so we need to chase both roles.

I feel like Keath is cooked and Gardner is just so, so.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We need a second ruck, so he would solve that. BUT, we need quality tall backman, so we need to chase both roles.

He is basically identical to English - I'd rather a competitive stoppage animal in the Nankervis mould to compliment English and his elite around the ground work and ability to clunk a mark up forward, rather than getting a 29yo English clone.

Agree wholeheartedly that we need to urgently address our key defensive stocks - to be honest, we should have addressed this 2-3 years ago (we did with Keath but we needed more).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Saints have apparently expressed some interest in Lobb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

He replaces Schache.

Schache languishes in the twos until we move him on or someone picks him up on the cheap. Or his career finishes.

Lobb is a massive upgrade on Schache. And while I rate both of them I think the ceiling Lobb has already shown is more than what Schache will reach.

I actually didn't think Schache was bad at times tonight, but if he's not going to hit is "one wood" properly (which is a silly saying given it's by far the hardest club to hit in the bag consistently) and take his chances with kicks at goal that suit his skill set then what's the point of him being there?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I think about Lobb, the more I hate it. A player of historically conditional effort and patchy output in a position that may not even be one of our top 3 or 4 needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Backmen

20. Likes bornadog liked this post