Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 33 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'd be happy to keep him on the list for another year.
    We have to otherwise we are stuffed. Martin is cooked and there is no one else - Darcy too young.

However, we need someone else and a rookie developing ruck. Yes, if we can get a Nankervis type, that would be great as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We have to otherwise we are stuffed. Martin is cooked and there is no one else - Darcy too young.

However, we need someone else and a rookie developing ruck. Yes, if we can get a Nankervis type, that would be great as well.
    Seems like Sweet had his papers stamped after playing a horrible game against Gawn in the first game againat the Dees last year. He has been used as an emergency break glass option only since then.

Would be nice to properly trial the 2 ruck set-up for the last 6 rounds of the year. I don't see any downside whatsoever to be honest.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Sweet had his papers stamped after playing a horrible game against Gawn in the first game againat the Dees last year. He has been used as an emergency break glass option only since then.

Would be nice to properly trial the 2 ruck set-up for the last 6 rounds of the year. I don't see any downside whatsoever to be honest.
    Does that mean Schache is dropped?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Does that mean Schache is dropped?
    For mine, yep. The hybrid 2nd ruck doesn't work when your first choice ruck is not strong at the stoppages. Sweet complements English and him fresh to wreak havoc when he is running his opponent ragged.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Let's force North's hand and offer them the pick 3 than Essendon give us for Dunkley for McKay. I'm really coming around to the idea that KPDs are the only players that actually matter.
    Three massive assumptions in that scenario.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Well if the club see English as a first ruck and Sweet has no forward craft, it can only be one or the other.

Post Thanks / Like

For mine, yep. The hybrid 2nd ruck doesn't work when your first choice ruck is not strong at the stoppages. Sweet complements English and him fresh to wreak havoc when he is running his opponent ragged.
    Maybe Schache goes to the backline and is told last chance or you don't have a spot, or you are just backup. Take it or leave it.

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Jones meets with Essendon after former Carlton star retires over AFL’s COVID vaccine rules

Essendon informally met with retired Carlton star Liam Jones on Friday to sound out whether he wants to return to the AFL, 7NEWS can reveal.

List boss Adrian Dodoro had coffee with the former Carlton defender in Queensland.

Jones retired from AFL last November, despite one year to run on his contract, because he chose not to follow the league’s vaccine mandate.

The 30 year-old has been playing in the QAFL.

His decision costing the highly talented defender up to $500,000.

Jones has indicated he wants to return to the AFL, should the league follow several other sporting codes and lift the vaccine mandate required

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Schache goes to the backline and is told last chance or you don't have a spot, or you are just backup. Take it or leave it.
    Schache isn't an AFL footballer period, its time to move him on. He has not improved 1% since he came to the club he does not have the intensity or desperation to play in the back half or any half for that matter.

Another crucial miss last night in the second when we had momentum, he isn't even a reliable kick atm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Well if the club see English as a first ruck and Sweet has no forward craft, it can only be one or the other.
    Does the club see this, or did English demand this as part of his contract extension?

If English has been given the best part of 4 years to develop his ruck craft at the cost of a number of key matches in that time for the greater good, Sweet being given 6 weeks to prove he can add forward craft to his obvious ruck stoppage acumen is not asking for the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the club see this, or did English demand this as part of his contract extension?

If English has been given the best part of 4 years to develop his ruck craft at the cost of a number of key matches in that time for the greater good, Sweet being given 6 weeks to prove he can add forward craft to his obvious ruck stoppage acumen is not asking for the world.
    Sweet has had chances - including a game at senior level this year with English and a lot of time in tandem with Martin at VFL level.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet has had chances - including a game at senior level this year with English and a lot of time in tandem with Martin at VFL level.
    Pretty small sample size. It seems we are more effective with 2 rucks and it plays to our midfield strengths - I'd just like to see an extended run with this set-up, as opposed to doing the same thing over and over again, and waiting for Lobb to show up next year like we are going to climb up the ladder by just showing up in 2023.

If we give up on this season, as I suspect we will listening to Bevo last night, that is the ultimate coward's play. It will also make a mockery of our entire leadership for misleading the supporters so flagrantly with stated expectations.

14. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lobb - because he's likely and Ben McKay is contracted, and I'd rather not get any hopes dashed.

I'm actually wondering who the mystery forward going back is...
    I figured it out.

It is BEN KING
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I figured it out.

It is BEN KING
    TBH if it turns out to be Weideman or Frampton I wouldn't be surprised.
    I'd be whelmed with either of them. Not excited or disappointed, just.... whelmed

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty small sample size. It seems we are more effective with 2 rucks and it plays to our midfield strengths - I'd just like to see an extended run with this set-up, as opposed to doing the same thing over and over again, and waiting for Lobb to show up next year like we are going to climb up the ladder by just showing up in 2023.
    Does it though?

Dunkley mentioned in an interview earlier this year our clearance numbers aren't overly impacted by part-timers. I feel like Sweet has been given a lot of opportunity at VFL level to show he has forward acumen.