Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 34 of 131 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    TBH if it turns out to be Weideman or Frampton I wouldn't be surprised.
    I'd be whelmed with either of them. Not excited or disappointed, just.... whelmed
    I wouldn’t be surprised, and would be extremely disappointed
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Does the club see this, or did English demand this as part of his contract .
    Do you actually believe a player can hold the team to ransom. I call BS on this.

But, even though English isn’t a great tap ruckman, he Is invaluable around the ground and the proto type of the modern ruckman.

You look at Sweet and he struggles around the ground, even at VFL level
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

On Lobb watch tonight to see what we are getting. That haircut ain't a great start.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    On Lobb watch tonight to see what we are getting. That haircut ain't a great start.
    Definitely a deal breaker … Jeezus !!!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you actually believe a player can hold the team to ransom. I call BS on this.

But, even though English isn’t a great tap ruckman, he Is invaluable around the ground and the proto type of the modern ruckman.

Has Dunkley played ruck this season?

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Lobb has gone the full Tim English.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

8. Likes chef, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Has Dunkley played ruck this season?
    Not yet

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely 100% believe Tim English signed conditionally upon being selected as the number one ruck when available to be selected. Players move clubs to play the positions they want to play, so there's every expectation from me that they'd re-sign at clubs on the basis of being played in a particular position.

There's also the quotes from McDougal and Bevo at similar times that suggest it's so.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I absolutely 100% believe Tim English signed conditionally upon being selected as the number one ruck when available to be selected. Players move clubs to play the positions they want to play, so there's every expectation from me that they'd re-sign at clubs on the basis of being played in a particular position.

There's also the quotes from McDougal and Bevo at similar times that suggest it's so.
    I tend to think this is somewhat accurate. With English missing a fair bit of footy this season along with Martin we have essentially moved away from Dunkley in ruck contests after reports it was one of the consideration in him looking to go to Essendon.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Beveridge commments were in the after match press conference in round three after we defeated Sydney and English dominated.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/03/...bulldogs-tall/

Below is comments by Colin Young
    Audio around the 13 min mark.

The 24-year-old, a West Australian native who was drafted out of South Fremantle in 2016, is focused on getting more ruck minutes in the upcoming season.

“I know he (McDougall) caught up with him earlier in the week and Tim was at this stage talking about how excited he was about the season, I think he was going to get more of a ruck roll from what we’ve heard, and he really wants to win that premiership,” Young told SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“I think that’s the main thing on the agenda right now, but you’re not Blind Freddy, Nic Nat (Nic Naitanui) is coming to an end at West Coast, there were a couple of Melbourne clubs that reached out last year as Tim was unhappy.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

16. Thanks jeemak, Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Beveridge commments were in the after match press conference in round three after we defeated Sydney and English dominated.

The 24-year-old, a West Australian native who was drafted out of South Fremantle in 2016, is focused on getting more ruck minutes in the upcoming season.

“I know he (McDougall) caught up with him earlier in the week and Tim was at this stage talking about how excited he was about the season, I think he was going to get more of a ruck roll from what we’ve heard, and he really wants to win that premiership,” Young told SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“I think that’s the main thing on the agenda right now, but you’re not Blind Freddy, Nic Nat (Nic Naitanui) is coming to an end at West Coast, there were a couple of Melbourne clubs that reached out last year as Tim was unhappy.
    Thanks Aza, but nothing to suggest he held the club to ransom, and wouldn't sign a contract if he doesn't ruck x amount of time.

Anyhow doesn't really matter as he is our best ruckman and also touted as an AA by some scribes this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Thank you Az, I think this article was posted here previously, and the quote from McDougal and that article is what I was referring to.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Aza, but nothing to suggest he held the club to ransom, and wouldn't sign a contract if he doesn't ruck x amount of time.

Anyhow doesn't really matter as he is our best ruckman and also touted as an AA by some scribes this year.
    Holding the club to ransom and signing conditionally are two different ways of saying the same thing BAD.

And while I'm sure he didn't say he wants a particular amount of minutes or game time in the role, and even surer it's not written into his contract I have little doubt it's what he wanted in a handshake deal to sign on.

Tim has the capacity to be the best ruck forward in the league, and it's the hardest position to fill on a list. I may have used more emotive language when articulating that versus what I think his want is to play first ruck, but I'm steadfast in my view that we're stuck with him as our first ruck and that our flexibility with our current cattle is limited by that.

20. Likes azabob, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Lobb has to be a secondary target. We’d be better to pick the bones from North Melbourne - Ben McKay and Goldstein for Dunkley and Hunter. Dunkley would then get paid what he thinks he deserves and we surely can’t afford. North have to [ay someone to fill the cap plus he could captain them. Hunter, well I just have no idea what’s going on there.

McKay is precisely what we need and even though Goldstein is near the end, we gives coverage for Darcy for another year plus can go on the seasoned ruckman when one gets on top of Tim. Lobb doesn’t provide that and I actually think our forward line is OK when we win it in the middle.
    North would wet themselves if that happened. Huge win for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Jones meets with Essendon after former Carlton star retires over AFL’s COVID vaccine rules

Essendon informally met with retired Carlton star Liam Jones on Friday to sound out whether he wants to return to the AFL, 7NEWS can reveal.

List boss Adrian Dodoro had coffee with the former Carlton defender in Queensland.

Jones retired from AFL last November, despite one year to run on his contract, because he chose not to follow the league’s vaccine mandate.

The 30 year-old has been playing in the QAFL.

His decision costing the highly talented defender up to $500,000.

Jones has indicated he wants to return to the AFL, should the league follow several other sporting codes and lift the vaccine mandate required
    I wonder if Dodo wore a mask.

23. Likes bornadog liked this post