Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 57 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Wow that's alot! He's a talent, but seems the type that may be inconsistent.

Players have all the power at the moment.
    I think this has the potential to create a problem for the Crows. He could be close to their highest paid player.
    800K a season over a long deal is ridiculous money for Rankine based on what he has achieved so far.
    He's got enormous talent but how many games this year has he actually made an impact in?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Gold Coast should let him go.

Even their offer is overs. He is a talented player but they are not winning the flag next year. I know, I know - at some point you need to invest in 'your people' to keep the team together but GC have a tonne of young talent and the money they save on paying Rankine could save them 3 other players leaving.

Adelaide already have Ruschelli. No idea what they are thinking.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Are the natives restless? Do they just want to be seen to be doing something?

He's a potentially amazing small forward but you need supply and Im not sure he's the move that impacts them winning loads more next year

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I so want to tell you a story!
    Go on then. We can keep a secret.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It's ok, I was mucking around as well. I love the banter re short, fat, old.
    You're not that short.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold Coast should let him go.

Even their offer is overs. He is a talented player but they are not winning the flag next year. I know, I know - at some point you need to invest in 'your people' to keep the team together but GC have a tonne of young talent and the money they save on paying Rankine could save them 3 other players leaving.

Paying outside types massive overs (Polec, Hill) is fraught.

I'm not sure if he can become a Bolton type. Bolton is 175, Rankine 181 cm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Are the natives restless? Do they just want to be seen to be doing something?

He's a potentially amazing small forward but you need supply and Im not sure he's the move that impacts them winning loads more next year
    Adelaide have about 5 small forwards on their list.
    Rankine becomes the best of the lot but you normally get more bang for bang adding something you don't have, rather than upgrading something you do.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Adelaide have about 5 small forwards on their list.
    Rankine becomes the best of the lot but you normally get more bang for bang adding something you don't have, rather than upgrading something you do.
    Explains why Rowe is out the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Will Rankine transition to the midfield?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

SEN’s Sam Edmund has provided an update on several players who have been mentioned in trade circles.

Speaking on SEN’s Whateley, Edmund gave the latest on multiple players who could be on the move this off-season.

“As things stand … I think we’re going to have around at this point 20 players locked and loaded to be traded,” Edmund said.

“Speaking to a few managers this morning, that number could easily balloon beyond 30 in the coming week or so.

“It’s going to be a very, very busy trade period and that’s just the trades without getting into the free agency.”

See Sam Edmund’s comprehensive trade update below:

Daniel McStay (Brisbane)

“Dan McStay will join Collingwood. He was gone in April.

“Brisbane upped their offer in June, but by then it was too late.

“McStay had his head around a move home to Melbourne where he’s got his family of course.

“Collingwood made an offer that he liked, all things pointing to him going to the Pies.”

Ian ‘Bobby’ Hill (GWS)

“‘Bobby’ Hill is likely to be there (Collingwood) with him as well.”

Tim Taranto (GWS)

“Tim Taranto is on the radar at Collingwood as he is at Richmond.

“He’s set to make a decision on his future by the end of the week. GWS doing their exit interviews at the moment.

“He will meet Adam Kingsley. He was determined to meet whoever the new coach was going to be out of respect.

“If we’re talking about Taranto, Hopper, Hill, Bruhn – they’ve really dug in, GWS, on keeping Taranto.

“They’ve had a two-year offer and a four-year contract offer on the table for him since mid-year.

“He’s the one that GWS want to keep. Whether he reciprocates that enthusiasm remains to be seen.”

Oliver Henry (Collingwood)

“Ollie Henry has a decision to make as well.

“Club and management are a reasonable way apart on the financial element to this deal to stay at Collingwood, who have a lot of moving pieces.

“Henry has a bit to consider too given McStay’s coming in, perhaps Bobby Hill into that front 50 as well, so where does he play?

“That’s something Ollie Henry needs to weigh up as well. A lot of players coming in at Collingwood, a lot of players going out.”

Jacob Hopper (GWS)

“Targeted a long way out by Geelong.

“I think the Cats offer maybe a first-rounder for him and it’s done.

“Hopper’s 26 in February, he does have a year to run on that contract, but I think he’s the one the Cats are absolutely after.”

Griffin Logue (Fremantle)

“He wanted a new contract from Fremantle from a long way out that wasn’t forthcoming.

“I think in an ideal world he would like to stay at Fremantle, but going back to early on this year, that just hadn’t been reciprocated by Fremantle.

“They’ve put their eggs in the Luke Jackson basket. That has led to a ripple effect on contracts either not being offered or being offered at a level that players and their management weren’t happy with.

“That fits into Griffin Logue’s basket, that fits into Blake Acres, Bailey Banfield hasn’t been able to get a deal there, (Alex) Pearce’s deal was said to be unders as well.

“I can’t give you an answer as to where Griffin Logue will go, if anywhere, at the moment but his future is up in the air.”

Luke Jackson (Melbourne)

“West Coast believe they’re still in the hunt for Luke, so we cannot rule out the Eagles.

“Fremantle are seen to be the frontrunner there, that might still be the case, but the Eagles maintain they’re still in the race for the WA-born ruckman.

“Luke Jackson’s gone, let’s just state that as fact.”

Brodie Grundy (Collingwood)

“That has led to Brodie Grundy meeting a number of clubs – one of them Melbourne.

“He’s got five years to run on that contract worth $5 million as well.”

Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs)

“Talks are taking place at the moment, it’s not like there’s silence there or they’ve hit a stalemate, there’s back and forward between Josh Dunkley’s management and the Western Bulldogs.

“The Dogs are relatively confident. It’s been painfully slow from their point of view, they would like to have had it done and dusted well and truly by now.”

Jack Gunston (Hawthorn)

“I’ve made a call on Jack Gunston today (Tuesday).

“He’s someone who needs to make a call on what he wants to do. He’s a free agent of course at Hawthorn.

“Brisbane, it’s a statement of fact, they have made contact. They’re looking to replace Dan McStay … they’ve known he is going for a long time now.

“At this stage, that enquiry from Brisbane just hasn’t progressed beyond that.

“This will become clear in the next week or two. They (the Lions) are definitely interested.”

Junior Rioli (West Coast)

“Out of contract at West Coast, future well and truly up in the air at the moment.

“He’s got an offer from the Eagles, financially, that offer is light.

“This is a decision that goes well beyond the boundary line.

“I think it’s fair to say Junior likes life at West Coast, he would be keen to say, but he’s got some significant family logistics to work through and what that looks like will shape where he plays next year.

“He’s got a lot of extended family in Melbourne, a city that offers his immediate family more support than in Perth, it just depends on what Junior wants to do.

“His exit meeting is taking place at West Coast today.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Will Rankine transition to the midfield?
    He's a low possession, high impact type. I don't see any point in that.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    You have power if you get made an offer like that

Its a hard offer to turn down
    Unless you play for the Bulldogs. Then you're a coward and an traitor of you take the significantly higher offer to buy your second house. You should be loyal to the club.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

He's a low possession, high impact type. I don't see any point in that.
    Twenty to twenty-five good touches further up the ground might be something that's attractive to Adelaide - a bit like it was to Port with Wingard.

Genuine forwards are hard to replace, and I agree that he is better served forward at this stage. But clubs can't help themselves.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m surprised Rankine lasted this long at GC. I don’t think he was that impressed when he got drafted there. He seems the type that is a “ME” player. Likes the spotlight, and playing to a packed Adelaide oval would suit his “needs” as much as the $$$ he’s gonna get.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Rankine is overrated.

Reminds me of Martin from Carlton - cranked up to be this 'special' player because of his natural ability, but how often does he ACTUALLY influence games?
    W00F!

20. Likes josie liked this post