Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 77 of 131 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1962
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

If plan A is lobb. And we have no plan B. I think I prefer plan B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    If Logue leaves and Freo refuses Lobb a trade, what is our plan B?
    Poach Logue first?

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon it’s posturing from freo - they don’t have room for him not want to pay him.

4. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon it’s posturing from freo - they don’t have room for him and do not want to pay him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I reckon it’s posturing from freo - they don’t have room for him not want to pay him.
    It's probably less about Logue leaving, and more about whether they get Jackson. If they get Jackson, Lobb is irrelevant to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It's probably less about Logue leaving, and more about whether they get Jackson. If they get Jackson, Lobb is irrelevant to them.
    Very good point.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think this is right. Maybe they didn't think West Coast were in the hunt and they'd already "got their man". I've only heard about WCE links more recently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think this is right. Maybe they didn't think West Coast were in the hunt and they'd already "got their man". I've only heard about WCE links more recently.
    I keep hearing how West Coast have the assets and all of that...but here's the thing. West Coast need to draft. If they give another draft over to getting in one player (remember Tim Kelly) then how do they think that is going to go. Freo have gone to the draft well so to speak pretty heavily recently and have a heap of high (top 30) picks from the last 3-4 years in their team right now.

It is the great draft/trade conundrum.

Any team that TRULY needs one player to put them over the top, is already NEAR the top so doesn't have the draft assets to get such a player. (The problem Freo have in their pursuit of Jackson).
    Any team that DOES have the assets to get a 'high end' talent from another club should NOT DO IT because they are so far away from being a success (yes, West Coast, I'm looking at you) that they need all the young players they can get. This is also known as the 'Essendon Rule'.

Unless of course you are Geelong and somehow turn Tim Kelly into Jeremy Cameron AND a couple of other picks...Geelong are the exception that proves the rule.

Just remember, even supposedly FAIR trades will have a clear winner or loser in 5-years. And that winner-loser is most likely NOT the team that appears to win 'at first glance'. I mean, everyone was SO excited when Chris Judd 'chose' Carlton (aka the day that the Visy money truck rolled up to his house). 700 goals later, trading Josh Kennedy for a couple of years of Judd, a Brownlow medal and a torn ACL seems like a really (REALLY) bad deal.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask about Soldo (again) as Richmond need the cap room & picks.
    Ratagolea (shudders) - Lobb's TOG is regularly 95-100% so Ratagolea isn't exactly like for like
    If all else fails DFA Ballendon/Crossley and back Darcy in to have a crazy good pre-season
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I keep hearing how West Coast have the assets and all of that...but here's the thing. West Coast need to draft. If they give another draft over to getting in one player (remember Tim Kelly) then how do they think that is going to go. Freo have gone to the draft well so to speak pretty heavily recently and have a heap of high (top 30) picks from the last 3-4 years in their team right now.

It is the great draft/trade conundrum.

Any team that TRULY needs one player to put them over the top, is already NEAR the top so doesn't have the draft assets to get such a player. (The problem Freo have in their pursuit of Jackson).
    Any team that DOES have the assets to get a 'high end' talent from another club should NOT DO IT because they are so far away from being a success (yes, West Coast, I'm looking at you) that they need all the young players they can get. This is also known as the 'Essendon Rule'.

Unless of course you are Geelong and somehow turn Tim Kelly into Jeremy Cameron AND a couple of other picks...Geelong are the exception that proves the rule.

Just remember, even supposedly FAIR trades will have a clear winner or loser in 5-years. And that winner-loser is most likely NOT the team that appears to win 'at first glance'. I mean, everyone was SO excited when Chris Judd 'chose' Carlton (aka the day that the Visy money truck rolled up to his house). 700 goals later, trading Josh Kennedy for a couple of years of Judd, a Brownlow medal and a torn ACL seems like a really (REALLY) bad deal.
    My read of it is perhaps similar to yours, that whilst Jackson might have floated the WCE are in it also, are they really? or is that just clever player management?

For all the reasons outlined here - plus haven't WCE have said they wont trade pick 2. WCE need to take and nail their picks - and cant be giving two picks away, including pick 2 for Jackson - nor do I believe Jackson will pick them etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ask about Soldo (again) as Richmond need the cap room & picks.
    Ratagolea (shudders) - Lobb's TOG is regularly 95-100% so Ratagolea isn't exactly like for like
    If all else fails DFA Ballendon/Crossley and back Darcy in to have a crazy good pre-season
    That figure alone would be a huge plus for Beveridge. I'm actually surprised at that.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    My read of it is perhaps similar to yours, that whilst Jackson might have floated the WCE are in it also, are they really? or is that just clever player management?

For all the reasons outlined here - plus haven't WCE have said they wont trade pick 2. WCE need to take and nail their picks - and cant be giving two picks away, including pick 2 for Jackson - nor do I believe Jackson will pick them etc.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see West Coast split their picks and hit the draft with two first rounders and a couple of second rounders (post trade period). They're firmly in rebuild mode and don't seem to be deluded by making silly statements like 'refresh not a rebuild'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    That figure alone would be a huge plus for Beveridge. I'm actually surprised at that.
    Me too, only saw it a couple of days ago. Gardner is the same (top handful in the comp for TOG). No wonder when he said he's coming to Melbourne, we jumped all over his management.

I suspect Freo hold him if they can't find a F50 replacement. They've been linked to Corbett but he's hardly like for like.

Post Thanks / Like

Callum Twomey
    @CalTwomey
    ·
    1m
    Adelaide's Billy Frampton has expressed his desire to be traded to Collingwood. Out of contract at the Crows and being sought as a versatile tall option. More on @AFLcomau

Looks like the Pies will be bringing in a few players this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t understand anything about Collingwood. How their culture seems so strong despite white anting beloved players and apparent non-plussed attitude to credible sexual assault and racism allegations. How their on field performance is so strong despite multiple years of nonsensical list management. How you win what like 17 games with a percentage of 104.

I don’t know how losing Brodie Grundy to bring in Billy Frampton makes them better, and it shouldn’t, but it somehow will. I’m giving up on trying to make sense of it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes hujsh, Dancin' Douggy, jeemak liked this post