Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 95 of 131 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1962
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Gunston to Lions.
    They must be managing the TPP very well to still be in the mix to consider adding Bowes bloated contract as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks Dogs 24/7 thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You would imagine they end up trading for Gunston so it doesn't effect their McStay compensation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    You would imagine they end up trading for Gunston so it doesn't effect their McStay compensation.
    Yes, will probably be for a token late future pick so as not to reduce their available points this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Yes, will probably be for a token late future pick so as not to reduce their available points this year.
    I see that’s good for Brisbane. But if compo this year was third round, why would Hawthorn take virtually nothing over Pick 43?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I see that’s good for Brisbane. But if compo this year was third round, why would Hawthorn take virtually nothing over Pick 43?
    I think they will do all they can to assist Gunston with his move rather than play hardball. If Brisbane manage to acquire all the picks they need then maybe they can offer something around that mark this year but it's a tough ask. There is also no guarantee the hawks will receive any compensation from free agency at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Harks would get nothing for Gunston if they get Amon. Better for both to do a trade

8. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Swoop, GVGjr, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Harks would get nothing for Gunston if they get Amon. Better for both to do a trade
    That's true, I forgot about Amon. My guess is Gunston for a future third round pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Good pick up. That changes it up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That's true, I forgot about Amon. My guess is Gunston for a future third round pick.
    I think that's where it might head.

Post Thanks / Like

Really makes a mockery of the FA compo system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Really makes a mockery of the FA compo system.
    This is the only properly functioning part of the FA system. The rest is a joke I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the only properly functioning part of the FA system. The rest is a joke I agree.
    Teams just sidestepping the compo annulment with a fake trade, surely they see that?

Total chooklotto

Post Thanks / Like

Any interest in former Western Jet O'Halloran? Apparently we sniffed around last time he re-signed.

GIANT IN LIMBO

FORMER first-round picks are set to head out the door at Greater Western Sydney this trade period, with Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper and Tanner Bruhn all expected to land in Victoria, along with Bobby Hill.

But another Giant selected in the opening round of the draft – Xavier O'Halloran – is currently in limbo.

The 2018 pick No.22 is hopeful of earning another deal to remain at the Giants, but will need to wait and see where things sit after the trade period.

It is understood that some Victorian-based clubs have expressed interest in the Western Jets product.

O'Halloran played 14 games in 2022 – three times as the medi-sub – after playing 17 games last year for a total of 33.

GWS is believed to be open to re-signing the 22-year-old for 2023, but want to wait until it deals with the trade period before making a final decision on O'Halloran.

Post Thanks / Like

Any interest in former Western Jet O'Halloran? Apparently we sniffed around last time he re-signed.

GIANT IN LIMBO

FORMER first-round picks are set to head out the door at Greater Western Sydney this trade period, with Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper and Tanner Bruhn all expected to land in Victoria, along with Bobby Hill.

But another Giant selected in the opening round of the draft – Xavier O'Halloran – is currently in limbo.

The 2018 pick No.22 is hopeful of earning another deal to remain at the Giants, but will need to wait and see where things sit after the trade period.

It is understood that some Victorian-based clubs have expressed interest in the Western Jets product.

O'Halloran played 14 games in 2022 – three times as the medi-sub – after playing 17 games last year for a total of 33.

GWS is believed to be open to re-signing the 22-year-old for 2023, but want to wait until it deals with the trade period before making a final decision on O'Halloran.
    He hasn't quite progressed like I thought he might. He would be a lower priority from my perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He hasn't quite progressed like I thought he might. He would be a lower priority from my perspective.
    It's another better-than-McComb option though.

We really need some better depth on our list and if we worked our list well enough, we could have removed the likes of Butler/Parker/McComb/Crozier etc and replaced them with Narkle/O'Halloran types.

Depth is so underrated in this league now that it's an 18-team comp.
    W00F!

18. Likes azabob, MrMahatma liked this post