Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned Round eight 2022 v Port

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I agree with you that Hannan is very under rated with the role he plays. Big on pressure and provides the grunt in the forward line.

McComb should not play again. We saw enough in the 2's to know his skills were dreadful and still staggering he was given a spot on the list at 27 years of age. Bad move list managers.
    I kind of understand rewarding guys from Footscray but we just had so many of his type I would have preferred someone like a Glass-McCasker who I thought was very good and fills a list hole.

I don't think we can exclude McComb now he's on the list, but I tend to agree re list management. Wouldn't we be better off getting games into West?
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 07-05-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How is that true about Gardner if he has been more than serviceable in our first 6 games? Wasn’t last night the anomaly? Plus he looked lame for much of the night.
    Probably coz I don’t rate him.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

1. We're not quite right, and we're missing some key troops, but I really don't think we're that far off.

2. Big game step-up from Naughts, he's played some big games before, but there was a really different look about him last night. He really looked like he wanted to step up leadership wise in Bont's absence and be the irresistable force that changes the game. Just a pity he didn't have enough mates. He kicked really well too. I had two his goals last night as one's historically he's been most likely to miss.

3. This is more something I'd like to learn, as opposed to what I learned. So, question? if Port got 8 goals generated from their back-half, who were the culprits in our team allowing this? Were one or two in our forward half not getting to the right defensive positions, or was it the next line -our mids?

We're normally very good at not allowing high numbers of opposition scores generated from their back-half. At times last night Port's ball movement started from their backmen looked like one of those cartoonish checkerboard scenes, where one player criss-crosses all the way to the other end of the board in one move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. We're not quite right, and we're missing some key troops, but I really don't think we're that far off.

2. Big game step-up from Naughts, he's played some big games before, but there was a really different look about him last night. He really looked like he wanted to step up leadership wise in Bont's absence and be the irresistable force that changes the game. Just a pity he didn't have enough mates. He kicked really well too. I had two his goals last night as one's historically he's been most likely to miss.

3. This is more something I'd like to learn, as opposed to what I learned. So, question? if Port got 8 goals generated from their back-half, who were the culprits in our team allowing this? Were one or two in our forward half not getting to the right defensive positions, or was it the next line -our mids?

We're normally very good at not allowing high numbers of opposition scores generated from their back-half. At times last night Port's ball movement started from their backmen looked like one of those cartoonish checkerboard scenes, where one player criss-crosses all the way to the other end of the board in one move.
    3. I reckon it's partly our part time forwards not pressuring enough, and two the complete aerial dominance of the Power because the ball came in so quickly.
    Our forwards and mids didn't pressure/zone well enough to cause scrappy entries. They were way too clean.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 07-05-2022 at 01:34 PM.

5. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    3. I reckon it's partly our part time forwards not pressuring enough, and two the complete aerial dominance of the Power because the ball came in so quickly.
    Our forwards and mids didn't pressure/zone well enough to cause scrappy entries. They were way too clean.
    I mean the press wasn’t quite perfect and a few entries were way too quick, but at some stage you’ve gotta actually expect your defenders to do some defending. We got badly worked in the air all night. Crozier’s “effort” in particular wasn’t even VAFA standard.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I mean the press wasn’t quite perfect and a few entries were way too quick, but at some stage you’ve gotta actually expect your defenders to do some defending. We got badly worked in the air all night. Crozier’s “effort” in particular wasn’t even VAFA standard.
    Do we have any "defenders"?

Gardner, O'Brien.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Crozier has been cooked for 2 years now. That contract has certainly come back to bite. He has lost pace and has absolutely no confidence. Forwards queue up to play on him.