Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 10, 2022 vs Gold Coast

This is the Round 10, 2022 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once the game against Gold Coast is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
    The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 10, 2022 vs Gold Coast

Bankers:

* Ed Richards, take a bow. Was taking intercept marks like Easton Wood in his prime and had four contested marks.

* Bailey Williams is finally finding his mojo again.

* McNeil paying back the faith, some good pressure work and two goals that most of our team can't kick.

Anchors

* Cordy kills us when he goes into the ruck, it's part of why our late quarter fade outs are so bad. He always ends up against the opponents number one ruck and they just walk it out under no pressure.

* I don't know what the hell is wrong with Caleb Daniel this season, he's been absolutely awful on more than one occasion.

* Terrible goal kicking.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1.Bont just pulled a couple of rabbits from his hat when it was absolutely required. Momentum changing stuff at the critical moments.

2. Our back 3 talls really worked well as a unit today, and comfortably negated what GC would've hoped would be an advantage for them in Chol & Casboult given their recent form.

3. Ed Richard. Just super impressed with what he did today. 4 contested marks, and they were all tough grabs.

Anchors

1. Yet again. it's just aneurysm inducing watching us miss so many sitters and take the pressure off the opposition.

2. Our defensive positioning. The easy goals we gave up letting GC weave their way through traffic at times. I suspect its a collective result of having quite a few inexperienced guys across the lines, who are not quite sticking their defensive positioning roles at times.

I'll leave it at 2, its good to have back to back wins.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Libba.

The only one who signed autographs, took photos and spent time with fans after the game. It's no potshot at anyone else but I just love that he is who he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Bont the match winner

2. Williams, his best game for the year. Could have had a couple of more goals, but kicked the winner

3. McNeil bounced back and should have had at 4 goals

Anchors

1. Buku - son you have to hold your marks

2. Umpires -Holding on to Naughton all day and doesn't get a free

3. Easy misses in front of goal
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Bankers

Libba.

The only one who signed autographs, took photos and spent time with fans after the game. It's no potshot at anyone else but I just love that he is who he is.
    What a great bloke. This is the sort of moments fans remember.

I have a lot of respect for people who are prepared to give a little time back to the fans.

I want to share a story about Tony Liberatore. On the Sunday morning after the 2016 grand final day at Whitten oval , all the fans were streaming into the whitten oval . By pure luck, I bumped into Tony on the ground and asked if he would be kind enough to take a photo with me. And he did agree! He gave up 2 mins of his time and was happy to take the photo. I thanked him and really appreciated that he was prepared to give his time to a fan. I apologized for interrupting his journey to whatever he was preparing to do.

Must get some of this from his dad. Tom doing that today, definitely a banker from me. What a nice guy.