Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  90
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Agreed. I like the way Cordy throws himself into the contest. But…

He was playing in the best game we have had this year. The midfielders were on fire, getting the ball into the forward line quickly, all getting the ball 30 or more times. The team was dominant with even more possessions than when they defeated North (+110).

As a forward Cordy wasn’t able to bother the score board. His record so far this year is 2 goals 0 behinds. That’s not good enough. Since when can forwards get away with rarely scoring. Scoring is important. If he is playing as a forward let him do so. The ruck aspect is holding him back.
    As long as they look like they try… Schache didn’t try against Port and kicked 2 goals. But it’s not about what you do… it’s about what it looks like, to an outsider, that you’re trying to do. Keep trying to be good, Zaine. Keep kicking it hard into the man on the mark. Keep crashing packs mostly full of team mates. Have a crack. Who cares about the scoreboard

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    As long as they look like they try… Schache didn’t try against Port and kicked 2 goals. But it’s not about what you do… it’s about what it looks like, to an outsider, that you’re trying to do. Keep trying to be good, Zaine. Keep kicking it hard into the man on the mark. Keep crashing packs mostly full of team mates. Have a crack. Who cares about the scoreboard
    Thank goodness someone else has seen it. I thought I was going to have to get a new TV that shows what everyone else sees.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if English will have the endurance to play as #1 ruck when he returns - if he has been as unwell as Bevo suggests, then I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't able to run out his first couple of games.

So I would be keen to trial a Sweet 60% ruck/bench, English forward/ruck, with Naughton and Khamis as our other KPF and Keath/Gardner as our KPDs.

Sweet played well and hopefully it has given him good confidence.

4. Likes Vred, josie, Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Naughton is out, who comes in?

If Tim O'Brien is right to go, does Cleary miss?

Should JJ come straight back in?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If Naughton is out, who comes in?

If Tim O'Brien is right to go, does Cleary miss?

Should JJ come straight back in?
    At this point you would almost say Cleary stays in and O'Brien plays forward for a week.

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    At this point you would almost say Cleary stays in and O'Brien plays forward for a week.
    Like it.

If we had a fit OBrien and JJ in it does make the squad stronger. Even much more so if English is in.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a pretty good idea that I hadn’t thought of at all. Good shout.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting suggestion. Do we replace Gardner down back or just hope Keath can hold the fort?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be gobsmacked if JJ came straight back in.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd be gobsmacked if JJ came straight back in.
    Yep, no footy for 11 weeks makes it hard to make a case for him… but would he do any worse than McComb or McNeil who are battling?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep, no footy for 11 weeks makes it hard to make a case for him… but would he do any worse than McComb or McNeil who are battling?
    No, he would not perform worse than McComb. I’d have JJ in so long as there was no heightened risk of injury. He’s been training. He’s a much, much, much better player than the 2 you mention.

14. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Interesting suggestion. Do we replace Gardner down back or just hope Keath can hold the fort?
    Do you think Gardner will miss due to injury or are you dropping him?

Gold Coast have two key forwards we need to look after - Chol and Casbault.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    No, he would not perform worse than McComb. I’d have JJ in so long as there was no heightened risk of injury. He’s been training. He’s a much, much, much better player than the 2 you mention.
    McNeil was worse than McComb with only 3 touches to 3/4 time and finished with 8.

Surely we drop both
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to think that both would make way but fully don’t know for who. McComb was actually improving week on week so to see such a poor game on Friday was a bit of a bummer. If I had to pick one to stay I’d say McNeil.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do you think Gardner will miss due to injury or are you dropping him?

Gold Coast have two key forwards we need to look after - Chol and Casbault.
    I had it in my mind he was injured but I think I was just a bit confused. I think because he came off at one point?