Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  90
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Am I the only one surprised that Jamara wasn't selected. With Naughton and Khamis that addition would have given us the opportunity to spread their defenders fairly thin.
    Didn't play very well in the VFL and needs to find some form
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Am I the only one surprised that Jamara wasn't selected. With Naughton and Khamis that addition would have given us the opportunity to spread their defenders fairly thin.
    We have Zaine. So… JUH needs to go back to the vfl. Zaine is good for at least 6 touches on the weekend. Maybe -2 on frees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    We have Zaine. So… JUH needs to go back to the vfl. Zaine is good for at least 6 touches on the weekend. Maybe -2 on frees.
    Zaine frustrates me but I don't think he deserves the kicking he gets on here sometimes. He is playing a clear role as 3rd tall/2nd ruck, and it is a role that Jamarra could not manage. He knows the zone, he holds his position and he creates a contest. He is not perfect, but he deserves his current spot in the team while we wait for English and Bruce to return.

JUH is competing for a position with Khamis, and I am comfortable that Buku is getting picked ahead of him at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Zaine frustrates me but I don't think he deserves the kicking he gets on here sometimes. He is playing a clear role as 3rd tall/2nd ruck, and it is a role that Jamarra could not manage. He knows the zone, he holds his position and he creates a contest. He is not perfect, but he deserves his current spot in the team while we wait for English and Bruce to return.

JUH is competing for a position with Khamis, and I am comfortable that Buku is getting picked ahead of him at the moment.
    Agree Cordy is ok by me. Don't get the hate. He's limited but he truly busts his arse for the side and puts his body on the line every time he has to and has that bit of mongrel we lack.

6. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised TOB is back after only one week off? Must have been conservative last week. Like the look of the backline I think it can become an area of strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I think Doc missing through illness is a loss; he brings poise and good decision making IMO
    Usually, but he's been off his food a bit this year from my mind's eye.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Looking forward to see how we go against the Suns. I like the balance of our back 6 and If Naughton is good to go I think we can have a dangerous forward line.
    Do we even have a forwardline? Naughton is a star, but other than it’s paper thin. Once again we will need our mids to hit the scoreboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Do we even have a forwardline? Naughton is a star, but other than it’s paper thin. Once again we will need our mids to hit the scoreboard.
    Who is under an injury cloud

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Sorry, I was being facetious, just not a fan of TOB.
    I am a fan of all players that wear the red white and blue. Some are better than others but that's life. I like them all.

12. Likes josie, chef, Bulldog Joe, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax Manits...

Buku is on track to kick 9 this week...

1 goal V Port
    3 goals V Pies
    9 goals V Suns...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Relax Manits...

Buku is on track to kick 9 this week...

1 goal V Port
    3 goals V Pies
    9 goals V Suns...
    Isn't he more of a Fibonacci Buku? so should kick 4?

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Isn't he more of a Fibonacci Buku? so should kick 4?
    4 goals or 9 goals, seriously is a win for us either way.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    4 goals or 9 goals, seriously is a win for us either way.
    If he kicks a couple and helps Naughton, then job done

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have any forwards except Jamarra, Weightman, Bruce and Bedendo and none of them are playing. We just fill forward positions with versatile players or mids and one superstar who hits the scoreboard through a frenetic ground game or a screamer.

Like we have no natural leading forwards playing at all.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ also with flu