Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  75
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v West Coast at Optus Stadium on Saturday Night

With 12 games to go we play 7 teams above us on the ladder. In order to notch 13 wins we need to win 8 of these games. We need to nail our selections each week. There's not a lot of wriggle room this season.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

2. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v West Coast at Optus Stadium on Saturday Night

Listening to Bevo this morning I'd guess :

In : English, Weightman, Duryea
    Out: Cordy, McComb, Cleary

4. Thanks bornadog, Happy Days, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    With 12 games to go we play 7 teams above us on the ladder. In order to notch 13 wins we need to win 8 of these games. We need to nail our selections each week. There's not a lot of wriggle room this season.
    That's prob true but I'm a simple man. Just like whenever we are behind I like to think not in terms of how many goals (total) we need to win but rather just that we need the 'next' goal, all I think we need to do right now is beat West Coast.

Worrying about things beyond that is pure folly.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

6. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It would prob only work well cause WC suck though. Sweet isn’t our best #1 ruck when against the majority of the AFL.
    Having played only 7 games how can we say what he can do. All we know is that when he plays the team wins bigly.

I agree that Gawn could beat him. But Gawn would probably beat Cordy.

8. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Listening to Bevo this morning I'd guess :

In : English, Weightman, Duryea
    Out: Cordy, McComb, Cleary
    I haven't heard his press conference.

Any reasons given?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Libba possibly managed this week.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Having played only 7 games how can we say what he can do. All we know is that when he plays the team wins bigly.

I agree that Gawn could beat him. But Gawn would probably beat Cordy.
    Gawn would not "probably" beat Cordy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I haven't heard his press conference.

Any reasons given?
    Weightman was ready last week they had to hold him back.

Mentioned Tim and Sweet had never played together before and something had to give for that to happen.

Duryea is ready and he mentioned how well Cleary has done which felt like a nice hug before the drop.

13. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned Tim and Sweet had never played together before and something had to give for that to happen.

Duryea is ready and he mentioned how well Cleary has done which felt like a nice hug before the drop.
    I'm intrigued by this comment.. wonder what he means by something had to give.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yes I wondered too.

Maybe around structure / roles? Had to change something we normally do?

Maybe Tim goes forward/ruck

Maybe he doesn't think Sweet as a Cordy replacement works as many have said here.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he doesn't think Sweet as a Cordy replacement works as many have said here.
    Maybe this is the ideal game to try the two and drop Cordy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe this is the ideal game to try the two and drop Cordy
    I'd be ok with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Listening to Bevo now. He went onto say Sweet/English would both have to play a bit forward too, so probably a bit more of a shared role rather than R1 and R2 who relieves and manly plays forward. I think the thing that would give is Zaine going out, which I hope wouldn't upset you too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahah, definitely felt the same way to me.

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Listening to Bevo now. He went onto say Sweet/English would both have to play a bit forward too, so probably a bit more of a shared role rather than R1 and R2 who relieves and manly plays forward. I think the thing that would give is Zaine going out, which I hope wouldn't upset you too much.
    I think I'll survive.

Agree that English & Sweet would have to share the ruck role because Sweet battles to have an impact when up forward... well at least that's the case at the lower level. I'd be comfortable to run with this strategy (English & Sweet sharing ruck duties) for the next 2 games and then re-access after the bye.