Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  75
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v West Coast at Optus Stadium on Saturday Night

So Tim rucks and 'rests' in the forward line when Sweety comes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v West Coast at Optus Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Zaine very stiff, he was played out of position last week.

His a casualty of having fit players back.

Good problem to have.

Like to see Sweet and English in same team, good game to trial 2 rucks against depleted Eagles . Rest English fwd
    He has played the same role for 90% of the season so I'm not sure what was different last week... can you expand?

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope Westy gets a go in the mid or at clearances so he can strut his stuff. I’m so stoked his grabbed his opportunity and looked really composed and team orientated since his recall. No doubt Smith is a loss but I’m not too scared of WC midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

3 good in's and the out's were largely as expected (though Ceary was a bit of a surprise).

I like what West brings - he is Libba Mark II and all he needs is game time and time in the centre

6. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a Cordy basher but he was awful last week. In the space of 5 minutes he gave away two stupid frees in our forward 50 and chest bumped a certain mark in the goal square. Outside of those 5 minutes he was unnoticeable and didn't offer anything at all. Move him to the back half or not play him at all, they chose not at all this week.

I'm very happy to see us finally trying the 2 headed ruckman, not only can we have someone who can compete in there all game, the backup will give Naughton some much needed help.

8. Likes josie, Danjul, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I normally cringe a bit about making too much of a micro stat but he is elite at it. Argument against is it's easier when you're not doing much else.
    How good are his tackles? He's a bit small so it's easier to get the ball away than when Dunks or Libba have got you
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    English in for Cordy (won’t happen but I can dream)

Duryea in for Scott or Cleary (Doc hasn’t lit the world on fire this year and I like what Cleary brings so I’d let Doc come back through VFL)
    I have Duryea as our best defender this year, in a defensive sense i.e. Bailey Dale's attack excluded
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

11. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaine not even being named an emergency adds a layer for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Much stronger squad structurally than we’ve had for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He has played the same role for 90% of the season so I'm not sure what was different last week... can you expand?
    He's been played out of position at every time he's played in the forward line.

It's not his thing. I get we don't think he's perfect as a defender, but other teams might see him as a third and given we use him as a second he's/ we're exposed to losing him and I think we'll be worse for that when it comes to defencive depth.

His ground coverage is excellent, his fight in the contest is excellent, and he isn't the worst with ball in hand. He will appeal to a team who needs someone with a defencive structure that requires his attributes (one that doesn't place a high premium on run and spring from defence like we do, you know, one that plays taller).
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes macca, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post

I have Duryea as our best defender this year, in a defensive sense i.e. Bailey Dale's attack excluded
    I agree with what you say about Doc. The other thing a lot of people don't see is that Doc is the General down back and calls the shots as to where the players need to be when to go. His role is very under rated.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definite ins:

English in for Cordy (won’t happen but I can dream)
    Weightman in.
    Dreams do come true 😉
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Duryea is best 22 but I would have had him come back through the VFL and give Cleary another game.

Duryea has had an indifferent start to the year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

20. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Duryea is best 22 but I would have had him come back through the VFL and give Cleary another game.

Many on super coach would agree with you
    I don't think Duryea missed enough football to warrant a week at Footscray.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

I hear you with Doc but I think a contributing factor is how many inexperienced players we've had in the team, especially with his replacement only having 2 games.

AFL games of the following players:
    Gardner 31
    Scott 29
    McNeil 20
    West 14
    Sweet 7
    McComb 5
    Khamis 4

Hopefully Doc won't just contribute as an individual but help out the rest of the team with his experience, footy IQ and leadership.

23. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post