Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  75
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v West Coast at Optus Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Selection wise.

Eagles are struggling obviously and particularly weak in the ruck. Whether we go Zaine or Sweet shouldn't hurt us too much. Zaine is a safer bet to not being a total disaster but I would like us to go with Sweet. Not taking the opposition for granted but it's so close anyway, I would like us to take the opportunity to see Sweet again.

Doc and Cody seem like ins judging by Bevo.

In: English, Doc, Cody
    Out: Zaine, Cleary, McComb (thought he was actually alright)
    In my opinion Cordy is totally out of form since getting the second ruck and forward role. He is mucking up things he did well in the past. He had the same game time as Sweet and contributed far less. Sweet had 6 tackles to Cordy ’s 3 so even Cordy’s pressure game is off. Sweet handled Witts well, didn’t win but I read on woof that Witts is one of the best ruckmen this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v West Coast at Optus Stadium on Saturday Night

We need a percentage boost, 9.7% behind Swans and Tigers, 10% behind Cats.Wins may not be enough.

3. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    We need a percentage boost, 9.7% behind Swans and Tigers, 10% behind Cats.Wins may not be enough.
    If we start kicking a bit straighter it would help.

Let’s just focus on the wins for now, we need to keep winning and give ourselves a chance. Our % is relatively OK for where bottom part of the 8 teams usually land, it’s actually a bit odd how the % are looking but I suppose drubbings of North, Eagles, Essendon are helping sides out. Our turn to feast this week.

Sounds like some great ins for us.

West - I would keep in, just beginning to find his feet and did some great work by hands in tight in the bits and pieces I saw. He’s a more reliable user than McComb and has a higher ceiling. Cody in, McComb out.

If English is right, it means Sweet will miss. English will play #1 ruck and Sweet can’t yet play minutes elsewhere. We are hell bent on Cordy being that utility for us, he’s never going to be a star, but is our current man for this role. English in, Sweet out.

Cleary has had a good taste, has a future, but 2022 is not his year. Duryea in, Cleary out.

5. Likes azabob, bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim English (Illness), Jason Johannisen (Calf), Cody Weightman (Collarbone), Taylor Duryea (Illness), Mitch Wallis (Foot): all a test

If they are fit to play, who comes in?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

English and Duryea. JJ has missed too much footy and needs a run in the VFL and I'd give Cody one more week of rest to be sure that shoulder is as healed as it can be.

Post Thanks / Like

Definite ins:

English in for Cordy (won’t happen but I can dream)
    Weightman in for McComb

Potential in:
    Duryea in for Scott or Cleary (Doc hasn’t lit the world on fire this year and I like what Cleary brings so I’d let Doc come back through VFL)

Nope:
    Wallis and JJ need to come back through the VFL.

I hope we persist with West and Sweet but I know at least 1 of the 2 will be dropped.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Definite ins:

English in for Cordy (won’t happen but I can dream)
    Weightman in for McComb

Potential in:
    Duryea in for Scott or Cleary (Doc hasn’t lit the world on fire this year and I like what Cleary brings so I’d let Doc come back through VFL)

Nope:
    Wallis and JJ need to come back through the VFL.

I hope we persist with West and Sweet but I know at least 1 of the 2 will be dropped.
    Given English has missed lots of footy maybe we play him more as a forward this week which allows Sweet to have another run as the no.1 ruck.

10. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Given English has missed lots of footy maybe we play him more as a forward this week which allows Sweet to have another run as the no.1 ruck.
    Zero chance.

I get the need to keep playing Sweet, but other than the actual ruck contest, he doesn’t do much and English was by FAR our best player, performing very well in the #1 ruck role, so if he’s right he’s straight back in, otherwise he can recover another week. I know Cordy is in the same boat in many posters eyes, but he’s playing a different role.

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Zero chance.

I get the need to keep playing Sweet, but other than the actual ruck contest, he doesn’t do much and English was by FAR our best player, performing very well in the #1 ruck role, so if he’s right he’s straight back in, otherwise he can recover another week. I know Cordy is in the same boat in many posters eyes, but he’s playing a different role.
    Agree there's 0 chance English plays and Sweet is the #1 ruck.

English is back in then Sweet has to play the Cordy role.

If I had to guess, the MC will stick with Zaine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I would play him forward every week but bevo basically put this on the agenda before the season started. English has made it clear he wants more ruck time or he will look somewhere else, agree it is bonkers if he doesn’t play forward this week though for a number of reasons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I would play him forward every week but bevo basically put this on the agenda before the season started. English has made it clear he wants more ruck time or he will look somewhere else, agree it is bonkers if he doesn’t play forward this week though for a number of reasons
    I think Mantis suggestion is just for one week and because English has missed some football. I couldn't see English getting that upset by it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Mantis suggestion is just for one week and because English has missed some football. I couldn't see English getting that upset by it.
    Yeah what we do with first ruck this week and what we do for the rest of the season are very different things. English hasn't played for 5 weeks. Gives us a bit more of a look at Sweet.

17. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    If we start kicking a bit straighter it would help.

Let’s just focus on the wins for now, we need to keep winning and give ourselves a chance. Our % is relatively OK for where bottom part of the 8 teams usually land, it’s actually a bit odd how the % are looking but I suppose drubbings of North, Eagles, Essendon are helping sides out. Our turn to feast this week.

Sounds like some great ins for us.

West - I would keep in, just beginning to find his feet and did some great work by hands in tight in the bits and pieces I saw. He’s a more reliable user than McComb and has a higher ceiling. Cody in, McComb out.

If English is right, it means Sweet will miss. English will play #1 ruck and Sweet can’t yet play minutes elsewhere. We are hell bent on Cordy being that utility for us, he’s never going to be a star, but is our current man for this role. English in, Sweet out.

Cleary has had a good taste, has a future, but 2022 is not his year. Duryea in, Cleary out.
    Agree with all this. Might be tempted to give Sweet another crack with English, deserves it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Like the suggestion and agree it shouldn't make a difference for a week. What if though it works and works really well. What do we do then? The problem is not the tactic, but with one guy not wanting to be part of the tactic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Like the suggestion and agree it shouldn't make a difference for a week. What if though it works and works really well. What do we do then? The problem is not the tactic, but with one guy not wanting to be part of the tactic.
    It would prob only work well cause WC suck though. Sweet isn’t our best #1 ruck when against the majority of the AFL.