Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  75
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v West Coast at Optus Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Choices … damn it’s good to have choices.
    I don't know, it's nice, but I'd rather just give them another week off to be honest. Trip to WA against the bottom side. We shouldn't need to rush them back, should we?

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v West Coast at Optus Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't know, it's nice, but I'd rather just give them another week off to be honest. Trip to WA against the bottom side. We shouldn't need to rush them back, should we?
    We have proven that taking it easy against bottom teams gets us a loss. Just look at the Adelaide result and team selection. We need to keep our foot on the throat (and it’s against the Eagles which gives me bragging rights)
    WOOF Member 422

4. Likes Testekill, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing our luck, WC will welcome back 5-6 of their best players including Nic Nat. What’s his situation ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Knowing our luck, WC will welcome back 5-6 of their best players including Nic Nat. What’s his situation ?
    Nic Nat 8 weeks, LIam Ryan 3 weeks. The only maybes are Oscar Allen and Gaff
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nic Nat 8 weeks, LIam Ryan 3 weeks. The only maybes are Oscar Allen and Gaff
    Good news for us.
    I think Gaff and Shuey are back today.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said in the presser. Cody and Duryea will be available. Sounds like they will be automatic selections. JJ he said will need another week due to illness.

So we could potentially have three ins. English, Duryea and Cody. Who goes out? Sweet? Khamis? McNeil? West? McComb?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bevo said in the presser. Cody and Duryea will be available. Sounds like they will be automatic selections. JJ he said will need another week due to illness.

So we could potentially have three ins. English, Duryea and Cody. Who goes out? Sweet? Khamis? McNeil? West? McComb?
    If English, Weightman and Dureya return then Sweet, West and Cleary will go out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If English, Weightman and Dureya return then Sweet, West and Cleary will go out.
    Yes. Good point on Cleary, albeit he has had two solid games. However he did make a few errors that someone like Duryea would not (i.e. in the last quarter that tap when he should have agressively spoiled or taken the market that resulted in a goal).

Post Thanks / Like

We do need to be really assertive both with team selection and performance as we really need to get in the positive win/loss and improve percentage.

Ibcluding round 12 we play 6 of the current top 8 in in the following 8 games.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

12. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Yes. Good point on Cleary, albeit he has had two solid games. However he did make a few errors that someone like Duryea would not (i.e. in the last quarter that tap when he should have agressively spoiled or taken the market that resulted in a goal).
    Yes I was surprised Cleary didn't take that mark too. Solid game from him though. Big future. But Doc to replace him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes I was surprised Cleary didn't take that mark too. Solid game from him though. Big future. But Doc to replace him.
    I was at the game and had a direct view of that. It was a difficult mark to take, in fact no way he could, so he stretched out and slapped it forward, but unfortunately none of our defenders pounced on it.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I’d love him to stay in somehow, but not sure how.

Out: McNeil, Sweet, Cleary
    In: Cody, English, Doc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

i thought McNeil played his best game. Should have nailed 4 goals instead of 2.2

17. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I was at the game and had a direct view of that. It was a difficult mark to take, in fact no way he could, so he stretched out and slapped it forward, but unfortunately none of our defenders pounced on it.
    Thanks BAD. Hard to tell on tv. Perhaps a fist rather than the slap he did would have been better. But he has a bright future with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

Perhaps as sub?