Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  126
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 v Geelong at Marvel on Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Thought we might try to stretch them down back with Marra in. So when Buku rucks we have Naughton as our sole target again. Hopefully get an even spread of goal kickers through the midfield.
    How much match time can English spend in the ruck? 75%? That 25% is legit our danger zone. Happens every time.
    Bingo! Schache should have came in IMO but he's one of those guys who is one and done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Thought we might try to stretch them down back with Marra in. So when Buku rucks we have Naughton as our sole target again. Hopefully get an even spread of goal kickers through the midfield.
    How much match time can English spend in the ruck? 75%? That 25% is legit our danger zone. Happens every time.
    Won't English rest up forward some of the 25%
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hopefully but don't recall seeing him that much there last week.

Post Thanks / Like

I would’ve thought if English is not rucking he is on the bench.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Hopefully but don't recall seeing him that much there last week.
    Diff team and diff balance.

We’re getting much closer to best 22.
    Bruce, Hunter and JJ are the ones that I’d have in, and then our depth is back with those last few spots being fought out between blokes who are either experienced or in form.

Post Thanks / Like

Joke, absolute joke. Who backs up ruck now? A guy who has played a handful of games? Bont again? Why are people so accepting of this? It's ridiculous!!
    I know what you mean but the Hand-Bags Rucks are never their strength.

If Bevo was ever going to try and get away with bugger-all second ruck options, this is the game. (Not that you would have to ask Bevo twice for such a match-up in the middle).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah but what if we picked Sweet and then English doesn’t get concussed and then Sweet gets 3-5 possessions and doesn’t impact the game even slightly?

Because I’ve never seen your hypothetical but I’ve seen mine a bunch of times.
    Sweet wouldn’t be the first player to get 3-5 possessions and not impact the game.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

For those wondering why Scott holds his spot:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes Swoop, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Storm Whitten Oval! Stop the stolen team selection!
    Thanks Donald.

Post Thanks / Like

Joke, absolute joke. Who backs up ruck now? A guy who has played a handful of games? Bont again? Why are people so accepting of this? It's ridiculous!!
    Interesting take. Accepting. Not necessarily. Realistic. Yes. If we are hanging our hat on Sweet be anything than a tap ruckman then we are desperate. A good tap to advantage can be important but it is not offset by the lack of ability in other key areas. As Before I Die stated we are 2nd in clearances. If the centre bounce can be negated then having a player like Buku around the ground will be more advantageous than a ruckman with little impact. Sure maybe Schache would be an option but to me Schache and Buku offer the same and maybe there is more upside with Buku.

In saying that I would love a Luke Jackson but we don’t so we make do with a more flexible approach and hope like hell our mids can dominate. Hopefully English goes forward and takes Stewart out of the equation.

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    What a joke,
    So if English gets concussed 3 mins in, we have either Gardner, O’Brien or Khamis rucking the game. Laughable. Why am I not surprised.
    Because you haven't seen the final scoreboard yet.
    Then you will be pleasantly surprised, as you must often be with your armour of doubt.
    Why will English be concussed?
    Your Nostradamus is a scaredy cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo true to his word that hard to change the winning side, Smith can only be an improvement on Sweet.
    English now big enough to shoulder the ruck and some Dempsey like.

Post Thanks / Like

Rohan back for the Cats.

Dogs win.

Who are we playing after the bye?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure thought he'd be on the pine for most of it?

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Rohan back for the Cats.

Dogs win.

Who are we playing after the bye?
    Giants up there then Hawks at home.