Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  126
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 v Geelong at Marvel on Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Interesting. I’m not anti Schache I just wonder why ,have you seen some worthy form or is it a matchup thing ?
    I'm in the Schache camp on this one.

Schache is better at most things than Zaine, although his bad is worse his better provides much more upside.

Schache was also better in the VFL, so did more to earn a spot.

Zaine is better at making his opponent earn it, but Zaine still doesn't get it much.

If we are looking at how we can be better we pick Josh.

If we are thinking we need to mitigate damage, we pick Zaine, but that mindset is more likely to be a losing one.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, 1eyedog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Interesting. I’m not anti Schache I just wonder why ,have you seen some worthy form or is it a matchup thing ?
    Just to explain, the question I was answering was Cordy or Schache and I choose Schache until Zaine finds some form.

BJ explains it nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I'm in the Schache camp on this one.

Schache is better at most things than Zaine, although his bad is worse his better provides much more upside.

Schache was also better in the VFL, so did more to earn a spot.

Zaine is better at making his opponent earn it, but Zaine still doesn't get it much.

If we are looking at how we can be better we pick Josh.

If we are thinking we need to mitigate damage, we pick Zaine, but that mindset is more likely to be a losing one.
    However, I stand with my original change and ie in Marra, out Sweet and Buku to help out as 2nd ruck
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    We’re so stuck in the mentality of neutralising opposition rucks, we’re walking away from driving home an advantage. Both ruckmen were great in the centre bounce v WC which was a big factor in us kicking 25 goals
    Quoted for truth.
    W00F!

6. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    We’re so stuck in the mentality of neutralising opposition rucks, we’re walking away from driving home an advantage. Both ruckmen were great in the centre bounce v WC which was a big factor in us kicking 25 goals
    I don't necessarily disagree with you. I'm very open to playing double ruck and despite my many reservations on Sweet have been impressed with his tapwork and do think he's had a positive impact in the ruck.

My issue is more that he hasn't offered anything around the ground since the Collingwood game (he was ok in tight with his pressure work after the ruck contest against Gold Coast but has offered almost literally nothing aside from that for 2 weeks). This is compounded by there being no evidence we were trying to use him constructively in the second ruck role against the Eagles. Maybe there was a plan for him and it just wasn't very prominent, but realistically if we aren't able to find a role for him aside from as a relief ruck for an outrageously in form English then I don't think he is our best option.

Fwiw I would pick Schache for that defensive role up forward over Cordy. I think they offer similiar benefits in being able to pull of the "task" aspect of this role but Schache offers much more as a forward option.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with you. I'm very open to playing double ruck and despite my many reservations on Sweet have been impressed with his tapwork and do think he's had a positive impact in the ruck.

My issue is more that he hasn't offered anything around the ground since the Collingwood game (he was ok in tight with his pressure work after the ruck contest against Adelaide but has offered almost literally nothing aside from that for 2 weeks). This is compounded by there being no evidence we were trying to use him constructively in the second ruck role against the Eagles. Maybe there was a plan for him and it just wasn't very prominent, but realistically if we aren't able to find a role for him aside from as a relief ruck for an outrageously in form English then I don't think he is our best option.

Fwiw I would pick Schache for that defensive role up forward over Cordy. I think they offer similiar benefits in being able to pull of the "task" aspect of this role but Schache offers much more as a forward option.
    English has improved enormously in the ruck in the last six months but this is outrageously in form

Goldstein: disposals: 28 hitouts: 57
    English : disposals: 11 hitouts: 7

(Cordy 8,8)

English was allowed to develop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    English has improved enormously in the ruck in the last six months but this is outrageously in form

(Cordy 8,8)

What are these stats?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What are these stats?

I'm guessing it was last year? Doesn't relate at all to English's current form but I believe Danjul is saying if we played Sweet we'd see a similar improvement (or that we would have if we had). Alternatively he's saying English's form isn't as good as Goldstein the day he got toweled up

Irrelevant to how we win this week and since Sweet doesn't really seem like a good forward probably irrelevant going forward too. We clearly decided English was a better long term ruck prospect with a higher ceiling and we're starting to see that come to fruition now.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

(Cordy 8,8)

English 22 Disposals 22 HO 1 goal 7 marks
    Goldstein 4 disposals 19 HO 1 mark
    Xerri 20 disposals 26 HO 1 mark

The numbers for English and Goldstein in 2022 bear no comparison to previous years and I just don't find the game your stats refer to.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe anyone would say statistics from round 10 2019 aren't relevant to now.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes Happy Days, bornadog, azabob, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can't believe anyone would say statistics from round 10 2019 aren't relevant to now.
    I want English to win a Brownlow and for those number to appear behind him as he goes onstage to accept it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I really hope we have a plan.
    We need a player (Doc or Libba) in between the rucks and the boundary line when Hawkins takes the throw in. Never mind who their man is, the most dangerous Cat at these throw ins is Hawkins himself
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

17. Likes josie, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy for Zaine's knee to come in but the rest can stay in the VFL.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I'm happy for Zaine's knee to come in but the rest can stay in the VFL.
    There is an Arthurs Seat down my way with Tony's Nose nearby. Tony's Nose deserves Zaine's knee for being so close to Arthur's seat.

20. Likes Hotdog60, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The stats were a reference to a good ruck performance. A lot of it happened a few metres in front of me.

57 hitouts combined with 28 disposals is good in most people’s opinion.

And they will always be,

and I am glad you see it that way too.

Post Thanks / Like

The stats were a reference to a good ruck performance. A lot of it happened a few metres in front of me.

57 hitouts combined with 28 disposals is good in most people’s opinion.

And they will always be,

and I am glad you see it that way too.
    Nice zinger Danj!

Too many cheap shots from Jee lately good to see him put in his place.
    Plus he wants to trade Dunkley.