Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  126
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 v Geelong at Marvel on Friday Night

Out Sweet, in Baz. Buku will play 2nd ruck I reckon.

2. Likes bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ROUND 12 TEAM
    Western Bulldogs v Geelong
    Friday 3 June, 7.50pm AEST
    Marvel Stadium

B: Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Tim O’Brien
    HB: Caleb Daniel, Alex Keath, Bailey Dale
    C: Bailey Williams, Jack Macrae, Anthony Scott
    HF: Bailey Smith, Buku Khamis, Tom Liberatore
    F: Marcus Bontempelli, Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman
    R: Tim English, Josh Dunkley, Adam Treloar
    Int: Rhylee West, Taylor Duryea, Robbie McComb, Lachlan McNeil
    Emer: Luke Cleary, Mitch Wallis, Dom Bedendo, Jordon Sweet

In: Bailey Smith
    Out: Jordon Sweet (omitted), Luke Cleary (medi-sub)
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Out Sweet, in Baz. Buku will play 2nd ruck I reckon.
    Can you now tell me tonight’s powerball numbers?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    ROUND 12 TEAM
    Western Bulldogs v Geelong
    Friday 3 June, 7.50pm AEST
    Marvel Stadium

B: Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Tim O’Brien
    HB: Caleb Daniel, Alex Keath, Bailey Dale
    C: Bailey Williams, Jack Macrae, Anthony Scott
    HF: Bailey Smith, Buku Khamis, Tom Liberatore
    F: Marcus Bontempelli, Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman
    R: Tim English, Josh Dunkley, Adam Treloar
    Int: Rhylee West, Taylor Duryea, Robbie McComb, Lachlan McNeil
    Emer: Luke Cleary, Mitch Wallis, Dom Bedendo, Jordon Sweet

In: Bailey Smith
    Out: Jordon Sweet (omitted), Luke Cleary (medi-sub)
    What a joke,
    So if English gets concussed 3 mins in, we have either Gardner, O’Brien or Khamis rucking the game. Laughable. Why am I not surprised.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

6. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    What a joke,
    So if English gets concussed 3 mins in, we have either Gardner, O’Brien or Khamis rucking the game. Laughable. Why am I not surprised.
    I am actually ok with the Sweet omission. Doesn’t offer much around the ground. No doubt there is an element of risk if the scenario pans out with an early English injury but on the flip side we are a much more mobile team without Sweet. This should play to our strengths.

Post Thanks / Like

Joke, absolute joke. Who backs up ruck now? A guy who has played a handful of games? Bont again? Why are people so accepting of this? It's ridiculous!!

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a joke,
    Sweet may be sub but that would be weird too as he offers zero versatility.

Post Thanks / Like

I was keen to see Sweet live I really rate his tap work. I’m not sure what the stats say but feel wise his taps make our mids more likely to exit front of the stoppage than back/sideways.

We are getting closer to a best 22 the side is looking much better on paper, liking the stability in defence for once.

I fffkn hate Geelong! I want this one badly!!!!!

12. Likes WBFC4FFC, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Joke, absolute joke. Who backs up ruck now? A guy who has played a handful of games? Bont again? Why are people so accepting of this? It's ridiculous!!
    Agree. Sweet might not get much of it around the ground but he certainly gives us a good look with his taps. Certainly makes up for the lack of possessions. Not sure how he supposed to get any confidence. The only way ruckman learn is keep playing them against the best. (See Tim English). Our mids must have loved the past couple of weeks. Yet we play Khamis who looks so far off it.

14. Likes Testekill, G-Mo77, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a joke,
    Yeah but what if we picked Sweet and then English doesn’t get concussed and then Sweet gets 3-5 possessions and doesn’t impact the game even slightly?

Because I’ve never seen your hypothetical but I’ve seen mine a bunch of times.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes bornadog, soupman, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m happy with the team selected. If English does get injured, big if, we have demonstrated we can still win the clearances whoever is rucking. If we play Sweet we effectively free up Stewart and he then tears us apart.

This supposed ruck crisis is a furphy. We are second for clearances. Clearances are not an issue, therefor hit outs are not an issue, regardless of where we sit on the hit outs ladder. Currently Sweet offers us nothing we need and at the moment we are fighting for a place in the eight. This is not the time to play a liability in the hope that it will hasten his development.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

18. Likes bornadog, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Storm Whitten Oval! Stop the stolen team selection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    I’m happy with the team selected. If English does get injured, big if, we have demonstrated we can still win the clearances whoever is rucking. If we play Sweet we effectively free up Stewart and he then tears us apart.

This supposed ruck crisis is a furphy. We are second for clearances. Clearances are not an issue, therefor hit outs are not an issue, regardless of where we sit on the hit outs ladder. Currently Sweet offers us nothing we need and at the moment we are fighting for a place in the eight. This is not the time to play a liability in the hope that it will hasten his development.
    Completely agree. Sweet had his chance last week to impact the game around the ground and playing up forward but didn’t. That was against a week WC
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post

Either way Stewart is getting freed up. De Koning will take Naughton, Kolodjashni will take Buku and Blicavs will take Bontempelli/Dunkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought we might try to stretch them down back with Marra in. So when Buku rucks we have Naughton as our sole target again. Hopefully get an even spread of goal kickers through the midfield.
    How much match time can English spend in the ruck? 75%? That 25% is legit our danger zone. Happens every time.

23. Likes boydogs liked this post