Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  126
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 v Geelong at Marvel on Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Buku can chop out
    If Buku takes Sweet's spot Marra comes in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    If Buku takes Sweet's spot Marra comes in.
    That is what I am thinking
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at our list. What players could potenitally come in to be part of our best team?

I see these as definitey in.

JJ - He has attributes which others in our current 22 don't. Pace. Class. Rises in big games.
    Hunter - Definitely takes a wing if fit.
    Bruce - If he can get back some of his 2021 form.

Potential ins.

Wallis - Maybe for McNeil? But he is going to struggle if we have a full squad.
    McLean - At his best he is ahead of Scott and McComb for me.
    Vanda - Bevo loves him. So he has to be a big chance if fit.
    Hanan - Another that Bevo loves.
    Garcia - Hard to make a case for him unless we have injuries.
    Marra - Ahead of Buku? He is going to find it tough if Bruce gets back.
    Schache - I can only see this if we get some injuries to our talls.
    Cordy - Bevo does like his versatility. From what we saw tonight he is ahead of Sweet if English is fit.
    Crozier - Only if Duryea and another half back get injured. Think he is on the outer now.
    Roarke - Possibly if Scott got injured. But just don't see him in our best 22.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, Grantysghost, Smads57, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: Marra, Baz, JJ
    Out: McComb, Scott, Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the VFL highlights. Marra took some big marks, kicked beautifully and a couple of nice snaps too. Hard to keep him out with a performance like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I could see Cordy coming in to play a defensive role on Stewart.

So I could seeā€¦

Out - Sweet, Scott
    In- Cordy, Baz

I think JJ will get a shot after the bye
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I could see Cordy coming in to play a defensive role on Stewart.

So I could see…

Out - Sweet, Scott
    In- Cordy, Baz

I think JJ will get a shot after the bye
    *!*!*!*! no!!! It’s taking half the season to get him out and you only do it for a week?

Scott did a really good job on Stewart in the 2nd half last year so do we try that again? Maybe even the skipper or Dunks goes to him? Anyone but Cordy!

9. Likes Grantysghost, DOG GOD, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Zaine keep up with Stewart? That role is more about mobility than aerial ability for mine. Zaine also doesn’t offer scoreboard danger.

Like Mantis, I’d go with Dunks or Scott. Dunks has the height and mobility (idk if the agility). Scott defensive traits but will struggle aerially. I definitely see them as both better options than Zaine + bring other things to team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Can Zaine keep up with Stewart? That role is more about mobility than aerial ability for mine. Zaine also doesn’t offer scoreboard danger.

Like Mantis, I’d go with Dunks or Scott. Dunks has the height and mobility (idk if the agility). Scott defensive traits but will struggle aerially. I definitely see them as both better options than Zaine + bring other things to team.
    Given his athleticism, ability in the air and background as a defender, is Buku the man for this role?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Given his athleticism, ability in the air and background as a defender, is Buku the man for this role?
    I was thinking Buku but I don’t know about his game sense/footy IQ/experience/tank. Also, we might need him to relieve in the ruck, which would be an arduous combo.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly do not know what we can do this week.

Our biggest weakness is Geelong's biggest strength. Sweet and Khamis will really struggle, but no idea who we can bring in to remedy it.

I don't think we should bring in JUH, Bews or Kolodjashnij or worse Stewart will towel him up in the air and run off him at every opportunity. Having said that Khamis will also struggle big time in this role.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    *!*!*!*! no!!! It’s taking half the season to get him out and you only do it for a week?

Scott did a really good job on Stewart in the 2nd half last year so do we try that again? Maybe even the skipper or Dunks goes to him? Anyone but Cordy!
    Scott also kept Gaff quiet last night. He is playing a role a lot of people don't see.

Khamis seems well off it at the moment. He will be best going back to the 2's after his experience and come back a better player.

Smith and Marra to come in and Khamis and McComb out.

15. Likes GVGjr, SquirrelGrip, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On yesterdays form with Footscray

In Schache and Johannisen but lets add Smith for JJ

On last nights performance

Out Sweet and Khamis
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Surely we bring Marra in? 6 goals is very sick.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Surely we bring Marra in? 6 goals is very sick.
    It's one game.

I think he needs to BANG THE DOOR DOWN.

1x bag of 6 is a knock on the door. 2x is a LOUD knock on the door. 3x? You're bashing it down.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

19. Likes bornadog, FrediKanoute liked this post